News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] Project Zero Suit

Started by Munchy, January 21, 2020, 03:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moehr

I think maybe the issue isn't so much the shape as the shading. There is something I only recently learned about called pillow shading  which I used to do a lot, and it makes things appear more ball-shaped due to how the eyes read it.

Don't have a link handy but you can Google the term.

If you move some of the highlights up a bit on the various parts of the figure (or to wherever the lighting in the room should be coming from, but that would generally be from above on a Metroid character Sprite), it would probably make your shapes fell less spherical.

Fwiw I think the model is fine as is.

K4yr4h

Quote from: Screwattack on January 23, 2020, 07:37:47 PM
I agree with MetroidMst, constructive criticism is there to help, not to cause harm or bash another person's ideas/creations. Munchy, I think that your designs on Zero Suit Samus are impressive! I wonder how they will look when they are smoothed out? Sometimes, small tweaks in color can also help out with making designs stand out in a good way but, that is just my thought. Keep on making your awesome designs!!

FelixWright

Didn't you guys read?

Quote from: Munchy on January 24, 2020, 06:38:53 AM
1) I wasn't looking for feedback, i was looking for contributors.

And

Quote from: Munchy
Seems like you're on top of it, so good luck.

Thread's dead.

Chemical-X

Quote from: Munchy
@Chemical-X I don't agree with trimming her sides down. she looks really weird if you do.  remember, one pixel is a significant chunk of flesh on a 16-bit game character.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Take a look at super metroid justin bailey before continuing, good luck with your project though.  :grin: