News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid Prime 2 Multiplayer Balance Mod (GC Only)

Started by SubsonicBeatz154, January 03, 2020, 06:47:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SubsonicBeatz154

This project started as a what-if concept, i know there may only be like, one group of friends that's going to get a kick outta this but, eh.

This mod is for the GameCube version ONLY, and was made on an NTSC copy, so no guarantee's it'll work on PAL or NTSC-J.

It's currently not possible to do this for the Trilogy version due to Prime World Editor not properly supporting tweak editing for Trilogy.

Current Changes
General Changes:
Single-player weapon stats (most weapons deal a LOT more damage, some deal less).
Many tweaks to other multiplayer values to closer match single-player.
All players start with 1 Energy Tank and 10 Missiles, in addition to what they would normally start with, this effectively doubles base health and the Missiles make it so you are never stuck with just the Power Beam and Bombs upon respawning.
Randomizer Changes:
Unlimited Missile Ammo duration increased from 18 seconds to 20 seconds.
Unlimited Beam Ammo duration increased from 18 seconds to 20 seconds.
Invincibility duration decreased from 18 seconds to 15 seconds.
Invisibility duration increased from 18 seconds to 20 seconds.
Death Ball duration decreased from 22 seconds to 15 seconds.
Death Ball instantly kills oppenents, making it functionally identical to Deathalt from Metroid Prime Hunters.
Massive Damage duration decreased from 18 to 15 seconds (the Massive Damage pickup in Spider Complex remains at a 30 second duration).
Hacker Mode duration decreased from 25 to 20 seconds.
Hacker Mode's virus now kills full health players in 10 seconds if they don't collect any health pickups (assuming they don't take any damage from other sources).
Stage Changes:
Shooting Gallery turret damage increased from 75 to 150 (this makes it just as effective as it normally would be without the double base health).

Planned Changes and Additions
Additional Upgrades: Darkburst, Sunburst, Sonic Boom, Screw Attack, possibly implementing the unused Randomizer powerups (Dark Shield, Light Shield, Absorb Attack).

Installation:
Replace Metroid6.pak and Standard.ntwk with the modded files.

Download: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ajw2NXRgquRMlVH7ikDQ87W0vyCz?e=ykjKN1

benox50

Just an idea, but I always though that the scanner bonus powerup you can get in the ? stations is bad.
Because you are stuck doing nothing exept using it once on a player and then getting killed by the same player because you cant do anything else lol.
Im talking about the scan that gives constant damage and noise the screen of other players.

SubsonicBeatz154

I think it's possible to give Hacker Mode without forcing the user to the Scan Visor, i'll have to try that sometime.

EDIT: Unfortunately, that's not possible. Hacker Mode is hard-coded to force the user to the Scan Visor and disable the Morph Ball.

SubsonicBeatz154

Update! Check the main post for the updated change-log and to re-download the mod. Replace both of the modified files for this update, as they were both changed.

SubsonicBeatz154

Small update, this is to fix an oversight with the turret on Shooting Gallery. It's back to being a 2-direct shot kill like the vanilla game, i didn't take the turret's damage into consideration when i doubled the base health of all players.