News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid Z-Factor randomizer

Started by Lucky Dearly, August 24, 2019, 03:15:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky Dearly

Dunno if anybody has seen this yet but there was a release of a randomizer for Super Metroid Z-Factor. It looks good but one of the shafts in Brinstar ends up broken (the northeastern shaft aka the club house). It's loaded in as a bunch of broken powerbomb door sprites. enemies are still seen but no progress can be made.

Metaquarius

Do you have a download link for this randomizer?

Quietus

Metaquarius

Quote from: Quietus on August 26, 2019, 05:49:11 PM
Possibly this one?
Thanks Quietus.

I've just created a randomized ROM and it appears said room can't be opened in SMILE. Something has gone wrong with the level design modifications the author did. I notice a bunch of crumble blocks added (for no obvious reasons) in the previous room thus overwriting level data I guess.

Kandier

Why the questions?, this hack is not too good  :pwuh:

Metaquarius

Quote from: Kandier on January 21, 2021, 12:54:32 PM
Why the questions?, this hack is not too good  :pwuh:
I have been asking myself the same question : why bother making a randomizer for such an uninteresting and tedious hack? People sure have lotsa time to waste.

Blade

On another note

Did they/the person behind this Randomizer ever get your permission?
I mean, of course its a rom hack, but its kind of disrepectful to not even ask/inform you beforhand

This is an excellent Hack and the creator should be asked or at least get the appropriate credit/information about things like that

Metaquarius

Quote from: Blade on January 22, 2021, 06:51:22 PM
On another note

Did they/the person behind this Randomizer ever get your permission?
I mean, of course its a rom hack, but its kind of disrepectful to not even ask/inform you beforhand

This is an excellent Hack and the creator should be asked or at least get the appropriate credit/information about things like that
It's been a while and I might be wrong but technically, Galamoz never asked for permission (what a bad boy). Later, he did ask, however, if I was fine with him editing level design to prevent softlocks, so that works? It's not like he's claming he made the hack you know.  :^_^:
That reminds me that I should try this rando someday (not OHKO :eyeroll:)