News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devonodev

I can't believe I just read all that.

and happy birthday phazer

GF_Kennon

after reading that paste, all i can say is  :lol!:

Digital_Mantra

So today I went to a flea market, got a sweet looking dragon lamp, and the Planet Earth complete series boxset for 30$! And I got lots of socks.

GF_Kennon

You can never have enough socks, also looking for people with XBox Live Gamertags, who plays?

zephyrtronium

What if you have so many socks that you have enough socks?

Digital_Mantra

Quote from: uNsane on June 15, 2009, 12:02:51 PM
What if you have so many socks that you have enough socks?

You can NEVER have enough SOCKS!

Zhs2

Quote from: Digital_Mantra
You can NEVER have enough SOCKS!
Unfortunately, there is such thing as "not enough Eris." :<

Also only ~three more days before the computer is due back. Woo!

Big Gay Cell

Quote from: Phoenix Wright on June 15, 2009, 06:12:15 PM

Does this mean we can DOOM again?!

GF_Kennon

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!  :rocket:

also I have started recording matches.

RealRed

Quote from: Big Gay Cell on June 16, 2009, 01:29:33 PM
Quote from: Phoenix Wright on June 15, 2009, 06:12:15 PM

Does this mean we can DOOM again?!
we've been dooming... I could always start a server. :/

Zhs2

Quote from: BigGayCellDoes this mean we can DOOM again?!
We've been able to for the past three days... I just had to beg Bloods! RETURN TO US, BIGGAYCELL! YOUR DOOMING INSTINCTS COMMAND YOU!

Also, computer back ~2 days. Just as planned. :icon_twisted:

DSO

Ugh, still getting used to working a full time job where I'm walking almost constantly. I'm probably walking on average 30 miles each day at work and my feet are killing me. I'm almost too tired to do anything but sleep when I get home, so progress has been very slow. Things are still coming along, but I currently don't predict a 2009 release of any of my projects (Including Insom's HUD fix). The only thing that I still can see being finished before then is my Golden Dawn TAS.

GF_Kennon

Sigh, i hate being kicked enough. but the college networks took the **** today.

joining only to be disconnected 5 seconds later -.-;;

Phazar

Well, I'm finally back from my vacation, so I'll be back on IRC now.  Had a great time at the beach, though.

Silver Skree

Y'know, a lot of music sounds really epic at .75 or 1.50 speed. I listened to The Alternate Route and Jade Catacombs both at .75 and it was amazing. Try it.

If you don't have a media player that can easily change the playback rate, I recommend VLC.

Google. VLC Media Player.

Big Gay Cell

By the way;

Quote from: GF_Kennon on June 15, 2009, 10:32:04 AM
also looking for people with XBox Live Gamertags, who plays?

Begrimed.  Add me!

interdpth

New topic.

How gay is Big Gay Cell!?

Zhs2

Quote from: devonodev
Very.
How would you know? :lol:

So, I got my computer back a couple days ago and every OTHER computer in the house breaks down. Imagine that. C:\Windows\System32\config\system got corrupted on an older computer that we still use (had to Recovery Console to drag a backup system file from System Restore out to the main folder,) and the laptop broke too. I'm still fixing that one. :icon_sad:

Phazar

I burned part of my right hand yesterday.  My family was at my grandma's(on my mom's side) house for Father's Day, and after we ate, I accidentally slammed the back part of my hand against the grill, which was still on.  Today, I have a huge blister on my pinky and a small red spot on the knuckle of another finger.

zephyrtronium

I'm mildly curious as to why you were at your grandma's house on your mom's side for Father's Day, as opposed to being at your Father's House or the house of some other patriarchal family member.

Phazar

Why did I think someone would bring that up?  Well, it was basically to celebrate Father's Day with both my dad and my grandpa on my mom's side.  Also, BTW, that grandpa was a former Navy officer on the USS Intrepid--that's a pretty cool thing to know.

zephyrtronium

On the topic of non sequitur, PTCG is fun in video game form.

Fizzer

So heres what I'm feeling like talking about at the moment, who likes exploring old abandoned mansions that technically they shouldn't be in?

I enjoy doing so very much, and live nearly a building that fits this description, its not as big as it could be but it has 58 (yes I counted :P) rooms on three floors and a basement, making it very fun to explore the first time, and still pretty cool to be in afterwards, especially since every so often I'm discovering new parts of the house.

It wasn't till my second time there that I discovered a way to get up to the third floor, as the stairs had gone missing, then a couple of weeks ago I discovered the pitch-dark basement which was accessibly through a hole in the floor in one of the out-of-the-way rooms; I still haven't found the "normal" entrance, and then at the weekend I discovered a hole in the basement which leads to what I believe to be the foundations; a maze of dark square chambers in which it is necessary to crouch, I'm not yet sure of it's size.

Anyone else know any cool such places, or have stories of them?