News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetroidNerd#9001

I noticed that the board descriptions for the games state MZM as "Second in hacking attention," while this is clearly not true a there are more NEStroid hacks out there, and more activity in the NEStroid board. Should this be updated or are we just leaving this as it is?

Steel Sparkle

Gonna be moving back to Florida soon so that's a thing.
Not for the happiest reason either and i don't feel comfortable sharing it.

Quietus

Good luck with everything, Steel Sparkle. :neutral:

Steel Sparkle

Quote58

Sick on my birthday again :(

Quietus

Damn, Quote. That's only supposed to happen if you scoff too much cake!  :=x:

Steel Sparkle

Feel better Quote!
Managed to make it safely to florida to my uncle steve's place.

Kazuto

Literally just posting here to say hi to anyone who might recognize me from any time over the years, lol.

Playing Super Metroid on the SNES Classic reinvigorated my desire to hack. I've got a lot of things sitting on my hard drive ~90% complete, but the blackout speedups are one of only two things I've ever released.

The other is a modification to the way item graphics are loaded so that it shouldn't load duplicate pickup graphics more than once in a room, which might possibly be broken. Released under my ancient S/N of Rakki.

...But yes, hi!

Damski

Still working my Top down 2D game. Im using a lot of Super metroid level design philosophy in my maps.

Quote58

Happy belated birthday @Miranda Gemini ! I hope you played t-swizzle's song at least once that day :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgFeZr5ptV8

Scyzer

Redacted

Marcelo20XX

Quote from: Kazuto on April 01, 2018, 09:31:52 PM
Literally just posting here to say hi to anyone who might recognize me from any time over the years, lol.

Thank you Kazuto for your blackout patch, I really appreciate the extra speed this patch brings to the overall playthrough, didn't know you were Rakki too...

Steel Sparkle

Quote from: Scyzer on April 11, 2018, 12:51:53 PM
I've been a little busy on a tangent...

[spoiler]
Hauntroid is getting a touch up. New effects, new items, new enemies, new areas. Hopefully more scary than the original!

Some changes include hunter ghosts no longer hurting you immediately upon being attacked (they do something else now), the boss's first form no longer deals damage, allowing you to listen to the music (it actually changes, but the fight in the original was too short to notice), extra platforms to make it easier to get around, new FX1 to make it extra creepy.
[/spoiler]
That's cool

Hackmi

That room looks amazing in every way possible.

Quietus

Does anybody know if it's possible to find the seed for a SM Randomiser .sfc after it's created? I've found an amazing seed, but don't have a log or anthing?

Steel Sparkle

From the lack of responses and from previous use of the randomizer I don't think it's currently possible but I could be wrong.

Kazuto

Honestly, if the randomizers don't write their seed somewhere in the ROM file? That's just a wasted opportunity.

I understand some games, like Zelda, have extremely little free space available. But Super Metroid has tons of free space. They could certainly manage to write a handful of digits somewhere near the end of a bank. Maybe just the end of the ROM.

Quietus

Well, it's easy enough to get the seed when you're creating new ones (I've now enabled it), but it doesn't help getting an already created one. :neutral:

Steel Sparkle

2018 has been a harsh year. Anyone else finding this year to suck? Also gonna be gone for a while due to some complications. Not sure how long but hopefully not that long. You guys have a good summer.

interdpth

Quote from: Steel Sparkle on June 04, 2018, 06:06:54 AM
2018 has been a harsh year. Anyone else finding this year to suck? Also gonna be gone for a while due to some complications. Not sure how long but hopefully not that long. You guys have a good summer.

Yeah, I had a small depression after losing my dog in november, buying a house the same week and still having to work. So never got to grieve, recently getting out of the rut and feel better.

On another note Maridia is remnants from the space pirate ship
https://imgur.com/a/XHX4D6w

Quietus

Quote from: Steel Sparkle on June 04, 2018, 06:06:54 AMgonna be gone for a while due to some complications. Not sure how long but hopefully not that long. You guys have a good summer.
Good luck with it all, Steel Sparkle. See you on the other side. :^_^:

Quote from: interdpth on June 04, 2018, 11:54:46 AM
Yeah, I had a small depression after losing my dog in november, buying a house the same week and still having to work. So never got to grieve, recently getting out of the rut and feel better.
That sucks, man. Losing a dog is one of the hardest things I've ever been through, so I'm glad you're doing OK. :neutral:

Steel Sparkle

Quote from: Quietus on June 04, 2018, 01:35:46 PM
Quote from: Steel Sparkle on June 04, 2018, 06:06:54 AMgonna be gone for a while due to some complications. Not sure how long but hopefully not that long. You guys have a good summer.
Good luck with it all, Steel Sparkle. See you on the other side. :^_^:

Thanks. It shouldn't be too long :)

Also i know the pain of losing a pet. MY cat died at the start of 2017. may he rest in piece.

Hackmi

a day hasn't gone by where I haven't thought about my bird that passed away in 2017 June.
feels weird that was almost a year ago (it was towards the end of the month at the time)

Steel Sparkle

its been like 300 years :p
Have had no Wi Fi for the past month. gonna finally be getting it back soon so yay.
Hope everyone is doing alright <3

Hackmi

has anyone had those dreams where you get like a really good concept for something and then you forget it like 20minutes after you wake up so you cry about it on the internet innit