News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quietus

My New Year's resolution will be the same as the last 20 years: Stop biting my nails.

I think the chances are slim. :neutral:

Digital_Mantra

RealRed

Who's going to MAGfest?

Quietus

Grumble time: AGDQ is on soon, and yet again they have created a schedule where most of the best stuff is on at stupid o'clock in the morning for the entirety of Europe. I wish they'd time them for midday in the States, so that Europe can also enjoy them before it gets too late. :stern:

PonchGaming

Come to murica, then watch it there. Or you could stay up for the runs.

Quietus

Staying up I can do - to a degree, but when they don't start 'til 03:00, that much staying up isn't so realistic. :neutral:

To 'Murica it is! :grin:

Jordan5

I know how you feel Quietus. It always falls during my exam week, too, so staying up is not an option :nowai:

PonchGaming

So, how about that Switch event? I wasn't *that* disappointed, but of course no Metroid. But that's what this place is for!

Quietus

I've not seen much, but I've already heard talk of people being put off by the subscription for multiplayer stuff.

Zero One

I'm not bothered about paid multiplayer, because that's also every other console. It's dumb, but I'd expect Nintendo to adopt it. Mario Odyssey is Sonic '06 and looks like garbage. Switch is $299.99, which somehow magically equates to £279.99, so that's a rip. The launch lineup is the Nintendo usual: absolute garbage. Of the list of games confirmed to be launch titles, there are 5 games that aren't already out on something else, and Zelda will be on the Wii U anyway. The other 4 I don't care about. This is not a console I'm getting on launch, even if I did have the money.

personitis

Same boat as Zero. As amazing as the BotW trailer looked and how interested I am in it, one game is not enough to justify buying the system for me. Guess the Switch doesn't release until 2018 for me or until some nice titles start popping up.

personitis

I recall reading that, when off the dock, the Switch underclocks itself so it doesn't burn through battery life and that the dock actively tells the system not to do that. I still echo your comment though. :heheh:

Zero One

Yeah, undocked, performance significantly decreases, but the dock is literally just a USB-C port that passes 1080p and more power through.

Quote58

The dock also has USB ports and the AC adapter pass through, so it's basically a $90 cable management solution. The cool thing is we'll probably see awesome, cheaper docks by other companies that include things like hard drives, or more usb ports, that sort of thing. Either way though, the Nintendo dock could definitely be made with a 3d printer and USB hub for pretty cheap.

squishy_ichigo

[spoiler=Relevant?]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USsoHCujZjc[/spoiler]

[spoiler=also, this game looks pretty good.]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJtTgmRLhns[/spoiler]

[spoiler=also also, while I'm here, who would win in a fight L.A.M.A.⅃ or ƎЯIOIOIRE?]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zaFouXQNqA[/spoiler]

squishy_ichigo

[spoiler=Sooooooo, Rogue Dawn topic shenanigans led me to change my avatar and signature again.....]
Due to sillyness in that topic, I created:

which pokes fun at everyone who was creating new samus pixel art for the 1.2 update of rogue dawn, based off of the sprite Grimlock was showing off.

then, to add to the fun, I decided to change my entire profile setup, to better suit the new signature, so I /had/ to make a new avatar too. Using the same joke, I then took the concept art from Nestroid:

and made this, by converting it to the three colors used in Grimlock's palette:

but the more and more I looked at it, the less I liked it, I made minor changes over and over again, but it just wasn't quite looking the way I wanted.... so I completely redid it, and changed the way I converted the colors and I like the new version a lot more:

On top of that, I /of course/ needed to change the video I linked to, and the accompanying text, so now it links to:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uAGMAlqkfU
[/spoiler]

I try way too hard to shitpost some days... I hope at least some people enjoy my sillyness as much as I do.

Grimlock

Quote from: squishy_ichigo on January 28, 2017, 09:07:41 AM
[spoiler=Sooooooo, Rogue Dawn topic shenanigans led me to change my avatar and signature again.....]
Due to sillyness in that topic, I created:

which pokes fun at everyone who was creating new samus pixel art for the 1.2 update of rogue dawn, based off of the sprite Grimlock was showing off (the far left one).

then, to add to the fun, I decided to change my entire profile setup, to better suit the new signature, so I /had/ to make a new avatar too. Using the same joke, I then took the concept art from Nestroid:

and made this, by converting it to the three colors used in Grimlock's palette:

but the more and more I looked at it, the less I liked it, I made minor changes over and over again, but it just wasn't quite looking the way I wanted.... so I completely redid it, and changed the way I converted the colors and I like the new version a lot more:

On top of that, I /of course/ needed to change the video I linked to, and the accompanying text, so now it links to:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uAGMAlqkfU
[/spoiler]

I try way too hard to shitpost some days... I hope at least some people enjoy my sillyness as much as I do.

Man, that signature image!  Best laugh I've had in ages!   :lol:

interdpth

Today I learned an important lesson.

I have an automated build system for my hack, I was try to test some code changes out when suddenly I found out I couldn't get past the continue new game screen. I check that the room copy of the my rom is availble, just the copy with room edits and stat edits and stuff like that. It works fine. I remove my assembly code in the build process. Issue still occurs, remove the C code... Issue still occurs....issue occurs during file copy....

I looked at my hdd, and it was 45% fragmented.

Defragging now, I learned a good lesson.

FelixWright

Quote from: interdpth on January 29, 2017, 05:37:49 PM
Today I learned an important lesson.

I have an automated build system for my hack, I was try to test some code changes out when suddenly I found out I couldn't get past the continue new game screen. I check that the room copy of the my rom is availble, just the copy with room edits and stat edits and stuff like that. It works fine. I remove my assembly code in the build process. Issue still occurs, remove the C code... Issue still occurs....issue occurs during file copy....

I looked at my hdd, and it was 45% fragmented.

Defragging now, I learned a good lesson.

what filesystem are you currently running? NTFS should never get that fragmented, especially if your system automatically defrags the hard drive every week or two.

interdpth

It's set to never auto-defrag. haahahah

RealRed

My work computer has been jacked, and I now have no internet access besides metroid construction... So here I am!

I Guess after 4 years they picked up on my non-goverment computer.
They're reminding me how much I need a new job.

passarbye

Quote from: RealRed on February 10, 2017, 08:29:58 AM
My work computer has been jacked, and I now have no internet access besides metroid construction... So here I am!

I Guess after 4 years they picked up on my non-goverment computer.
They're reminding me how much I need a new job.
they seem like assholes lol  :O_o:

thedopefish

Right now I'm nearing the end of my 6th (and thankfully final) consecutive business day of sitting in a conference room, all day, explaining to a bunch of consultants how our systems work so they can plan out a huge super high priority project.  Meanwhile I haven't been able to get any of my regular work done.

And on top of that, we JUST implemented a new security policy that's making it harder for everybody to do their jobs.  I need a vacation :whoa:

Quietus

Ah, you gotta love business. I've spent the last month enjoying our small company being taken over by a larger company. They ask me to show them how to do something, I show them, then they ask me who normally does it. I tell them that I do, and they say "we thought you did such-and-such?", and I say that I do that too. We could have just skipped a lot of time being wasted by me telling them that I do tonnes of stuff! :eyeroll: