News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jordan5

That explains it, on any grading system 32 is pretty high :lol:

Steel Sparkle

i was never a fan of Celsius. 32 sounds nice and cold but it's like 80+ in F. It feels so misleading to me.

Zero One

Kelvin masterrace.

(also Celsius is way better than Fahrenheit what are you talking about)

Jordan5

Quote from: Zero One on July 31, 2016, 02:47:52 PM
Kelvin masterrace.

(also Celsius is way better than Fahrenheit what are you talking about)

What ZeroOne said. Kelvin is the standard unit in which to measure temperature and Celsius is just a shifted scale so freezing water is at 0. The change in temperature of 1 Kelvin is the same as a change of 1 Celsius, yet for a change in 1 Fahrenheit it's 5/9 kelvin. There are no advantages to its obscurity :nope:

Quietus

Absolutely. Fahrenheit is only good for button-mashing thriller games. Kelvin is the most practical from a scientific viewpoint, but Celcius is obviously used for good reason, though even that gets fiddly when you factor in that it's main measuring points (freezing, boiling, etc.) vary according to things like distance above sea level (yay, boil water atop Everest at just 71°C). Interestingly enough, while I'm in a useless fact mode, Everest should actually be pronounced as Eve-rest, since that was the guy's name (of course, it's now accepted as Ever-est). :study:

snarfblam

Quote from: Jordan5 on July 31, 2016, 02:58:55 PM
There are no advantages to its obscurity :nope:

It's not obscure in places where everyone uses it. I'd love to see US switch to metric, but for all practical purposes F and C work equally well. That 0 is freezing and 100 is boiling (at one atmosphere) is a rather minor convenience, even in scientific applications.

Quietus

Quote from: snarfblam on July 31, 2016, 09:44:29 PM
It's not obscure in places where everyone uses it.
...and 80% of those places are mostly obscure. :heheh:

FelixWright

Just got Crackdown and Crackdown 2! Can't wait to give them a try tomorrow, mainly Crackdown 2 since I have a soft copy of the first game. Hype for Crackdown 3!

Quietus

I was going to comment about the included spider web, but the OCD part of me is wincing at the different box covers. It would be nice if console manufacturers would issue guidelines for publishers to stick to, so we all have a nice, neat row. :stern:

Zero One

Metroid is now 30 years old!

Steel Sparkle

Happy anniversary Metroid. Speaking of Metroid. AM2R comes out in less than 2 hrs!!

Dark-SA-X

Quote from: Zero One on August 06, 2016, 02:59:13 AM
Metroid is now 30 years old!

Here is the man that started it all back in my 80's years, even though I don't know the man I feel bad that he had to die like that.
if he would have been alive he'd be 76 or so, once I get my hack straighten out I'll think I'll use his name as the nintendo presents intro.

Just to pay proper respects.

FelixWright

It took me around five hours and eleven minutes to beat AM2R with 99% item completion. I'm losing my mind trying to figure out where the last item is. I have SR-388 completely mapped out excepting wherever this thing may be.

Black Falcon

So yeah, I've been busy this past week, working on my own interpretation of the Green Brinstar Theme:

[spoiler=Biosphere]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi7CmGZq7zg
[/spoiler]

This is my way to celebrate Metroid's 30th Anniversary :^_^:
Also, I hope you don't mind a bit of artistic freedom, I tried to stay mostly faithful tho.  :wink:

Enjoy! :awesome:

Scooterboot9697

Sounds awesome! Green Brinstar has always been my favorite track.

I'm half tempted to put this in my engine for shits and giggles. :lol:

SlyPork

Been working on my pen drawings/sketches a bit lately. Quite proud of some of the latest results so I figured I'd share.

[spoiler=warning large picture][/spoiler]

Quietus

I think your drawings rock. :^_^:

DSO

I watched Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV last night and it was the most enjoyment I've gotten out of a film this year.

Grimlock

Quote from: Quietus on August 21, 2016, 04:18:49 PM
I think your drawings rock. :^_^:

Yes, the subject matter and execution is quite solid.  :wink:

SpoOkyMagician

Quote from: Black Falcon on August 15, 2016, 01:13:49 PM
So yeah, I've been busy this past week, working on my own interpretation of the Green Brinstar Theme:

[spoiler=Biosphere]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi7CmGZq7zg
[/spoiler]

This is my way to celebrate Metroid's 30th Anniversary :^_^:
Also, I hope you don't mind a bit of artistic freedom, I tried to stay mostly faithful tho.  :wink:

Enjoy! :awesome:

Neat. This would make a great StepMania chart... Can I borrow/use this? (Completely free of course. It's for a rhythm game.)

~ SpoOkyMagician

FelixWright

2 days late, but RIP Gene Wilder, the original Willy Wonka.

Will be missed

SpoOkyMagician

@Black Falcon: Sorry, I couldn't resist... (I am a rhythm gamer. It was too good to pass up.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkPImioLvyk

~SpoOkyMagician

Quietus

Now do it on a real dance mat, and I'll be super impressed. :grin:

FelixWright

Rest in peace AM2R

Quote from: DoctorM64Nintendo of America, Inc. has filed a takedown request under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). I received the request on my personal email, so I'm complying with their requests.

There will be no more AM2R updates, and no more releases under any platform.

Thank you for the support during all these years.

:T_T: