News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quietus

Or you could not be a grammar nazi in the first place.

snarfblam

Quote from: Quietus on June 24, 2016, 08:59:29 AM
There's been a vote? Why haven't I heard anything about this? :<_<:

They talked about it on the news (radio) almost exclusively yesterday and today.

Quietus

Thanks, but sarcasm tags are never around when you need them. :heheh:

Kazuto

As an American, I wasn't sure which way this was gonna go.  But hearing Donald Trump praise you guys for "taking back your country," I know which way it needed to go.  =/

Quietus

The stupidest thing about it all is that the reason it's essentially an equal split is because people are cluless as to what leaving actually means, and what changes it'll bring. Most of the leave voters just thought it was going to stop immigration overnight, which is never going to happen. As is usual with anything political, the public are never issued with actual facts, or bulleted lists of the pros and cons, so nobody is able to make an informed decisions. It just results in this farcical vote that's split down the middle. Having voted to leave, they're now considering a 'cooling off' period while they assess what the repurcussions will be. Ha, should they not have done that to begin with, then informed us? :lol:

On a more personal note, I would like to add that the ignorance and gullibility of my countrymen never ceases to amaze me, and I'm ashamed at some of the racist and xenophobic antics that had gone on today. :stern:

interdpth

Quote from: Quietus on June 24, 2016, 07:40:00 PM
The stupidest thing about it all is that the reason it's essentially an equal split is because people are cluless as to what leaving actually means, and what changes it'll bring. Most of the leave voters just thought it was going to stop immigration overnight, which is never going to happen. As is usual with anything political, the public are never issued with actual facts, or bulleted lists of the pros and cons, so nobody is able to make an informed decisions. It just results in this farcical vote that's split down the middle. Having voted to leave, they're now considering a 'cooling off' period while they assess what the repurcussions will be. Ha, should they not have done that to begin with, then informed us? :lol:

On a more personal note, I would like to add that the ignorance and gullibility of my countrymen never ceases to amaze me, and I'm ashamed at some of the racist and xenophobic antics that had gone on today. :stern:

Welcome to America

Quietus

Yeah, but America has IHOP, and I can forgive a lot for that. :grin:

interdpth

We also have:
In-N-Out
McDonalds Fries
Sonic
Chilis
Olive Garden
Wienerschitnzel
Carls Jr
Five Guys
Buffalo Wild Wings

AND MORE!

Steel Sparkle

How dare thee forget thy waffle house! In all seriousness Waffle house is my fav USA resturant. Best breakfast ever.
I also got to play overwatch and i can say it's miles better than TF2. Lucio is my fav hero.

Kazuto

Quote from: Quietus on June 24, 2016, 08:32:30 PM
Yeah, but America has IHOP, and I can forgive a lot for that. :grin:

At least you didn't say Denny's.  Denny's is decent, but it's really not as exciting as their social media makes it out to be, lol.

Quietus

Yeah, I visited Denny's a few times when we were in the US, and they did some decent meals, but it was nothing to shout about either. :^_^:

interdpth

Quote from: Steel Sparkle on June 25, 2016, 11:42:51 AM
How dare thee forget thy waffle house! In all seriousness Waffle house is my fav USA resturant. Best breakfast ever.
I also got to play overwatch and i can say it's miles better than TF2. Lucio is my fav hero.

I left Waffle House out on purpose. We have too many in the south and IHOP is much better

PonchGaming

Can't forget the Bruce Almighty morning Mexican tacos.  :grin:

Dark-SA-X

Quote from: interdpth on June 26, 2016, 02:24:19 PM
Quote from: Steel Sparkle on June 25, 2016, 11:42:51 AM

I left Waffle House out on purpose. We have too many in the south and IHOP is much better

I approve this message down here in georgia or florida whether your coming into the state or leaving from it.
You can always find a waffle house somewhere near a gas station, truck stop or a shopping mall.
People I know would swarm over waffle house like flies on a big loli pop.

DSO

Hurray random power outages strike again

Quietus

It's like playing Blackout all over again. :grin:

Kazuto

Quote from: DSO on June 28, 2016, 10:24:08 AM
Hurray random power outages strike again
Dinkleberrrrrg!

Zero One

Speaking of, had a 6-hour outage today while they were replacing a pole. Happily, I missed a good chunk of it because I had my first driving lesson and it was pretty fucking awesome!

Steel Sparkle

Sucks that happend but cool to hear the driving lesson was awesome.
Nothing really special going on here. Just the same old same old. At least it's a peaceful neighborhood and if the power goes out we live near a police station so we sort of have a priority :3

Quietus

Quote from: Zero One on June 28, 2016, 12:30:34 PMI had my first driving lesson and it was pretty fucking awesome!
Good luck with the lessons. It can certainly be scary at times, but when it's done, you soon wonder how you ever lived without the convenience. :yay:

Quote58

Happy birthday Inter!

personitis

In other news, I managed a grease burn on my left hand on the webbing between my index finger and thumb. Lucky me, looks like I'm getting away with a small but noticably-owch-that's-sore-and-stung blister. Putting up my flame shields for our safety troll's birthday. Have a fine birthday Interdudemandpth.

The Monster of Surrealton

As someone who dislikes reading, I have decided to do something unthinkable.

I'm going to read a book.

First Blood, the novel that was adapted into the first Rambo movie.

Also reading/audiobooking Starship Troopers on and off because I've seen the first 2 movies and the anime OVA.

PKstarship

Since my 16th birthday came earlier this month, I'm looking to get a job at some fast food place or something. I have to get a nice haircut first and buy some decent clothes for an interview, too. Hopefully I'll be soon making some money so I can take driving lessons and buy a car (and maybe a 3DS also).

Funny, I didn't think or even care about getting a job at all until late in the night of my 16th birthday  :lol:

Quietus

Quote from: The Monster of Surrealton on June 29, 2016, 12:39:47 AM
I'm going to read a book.
I read a lot less than I used to, but I still love it when I get engrossed in a great book. It's just as able to transport you to another world as any film or game. :^_^: