News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFXDavios

https://youtu.be/8EOBTd99nnY?t=4m21s

I'm kind of curious on how this is made , I tried finding out but I guess I cannot know until someone explains me xD

Can anyone explain how this is done?

Meeptroid

So, hey everyone, I just recently started streaming on Twitch, hell, I'm streaming at the time of this post!

Technomagus

Most people on the internet are lazy by nature, so a link would be quite convenient instead of having us search for you.  Especially if you are one whose forum name and twitch name are not the same.

Meeptroid

Quote from: Technomagus on September 28, 2015, 06:33:02 PM
Most people on the internet are lazy by nature, so a link would be quite convenient instead of having us search for you.  Especially if you are one whose forum name and twitch name are not the same.

Its actually the same, but let me give a link to my twitch

http://www.twitch.tv/meeptroid/dashboard

Technomagus

Quote from: Meeptroid on September 28, 2015, 07:00:29 PM
Quote from: Technomagus on September 28, 2015, 06:33:02 PM

Its actually the same, but let me give a link to my twitch

http://www.twitch.tv/meeptroid

Fixed that for you.

Meeptroid

OK, by the way, I'm streaming Project Base right now!

Quietus

They are known as TASes, which is short for Tool Assisted Speedruns. In short, a person plays a game on pause, moving forward one frame of animation at a time, saving and reloading thousands of times to find the quickest way to complete a game. This often involves tricks, glitches, and techniques impossible for humans. You can read about (as well as watch) them here. Enjoy! :^_^:

Quietus

You really need to sort out the million pointers thing, as it's mighty distracting. :neutral:

Also, prepare before starting to stream...

FFXDavios

Quietus I know what a Tool Assisted speedrun is , I was just asking if that jump Is possible maybe? because I cannot even think about a way being able to do it without slow motion.

Meeptroid

I am planning on figuring it out, hopefully I can

Quietus

Which jump are you referring to? Your link took me to Biospark's 100% speedrun of Fusion, which contains hundreds of jumps. Also, did you check the resources page for Fusion?

Vismund Cygnus

Quote from: Quietus on September 28, 2015, 08:50:05 PM
Which jump are you referring to? Your link took me to Biospark's 100% speedrun of Fusion, which contains hundreds of jumps. Also, did you check the resources page for Fusion?
The link should've taken you to the 4 minute 20 mark of the vid, where he jumps directly up a shaft using the various ledges.

No, you can't do it in real time. It's impossible. Don't be snarky because Quietus told you exactly how it's done. It's done in slow motion. You can't do things like that in real time.

personitis

While I wouldn't say you can't do such things in real time, they certainly are difficult and often require hours, days, or even weeks and beyond of practice to get anything frame perfect anywhere somewhat consistent real time. I do know though that there multiple ways up that room, so if you're trying to learn it for a real time run, I wouldn't try to replicate a TAS (or world record) until you are of a very high level of skill and recommend you try another method as one or two seconds are not a lot until top level play. If you're trying to do a TAS, you should be able to download the movie and play it back frame-by-frame yourself. Last I recall, TAS Videos does have links for download. If you're just generally curious, I believe it's a combination of walljumps and ledge grab jumps.

Elminster

Quote from: personitis on September 28, 2015, 09:35:50 PM
While I wouldn't say you can't do such things in real time, they certainly are difficult and often require hours, days, or even weeks and beyond of practice to get anything frame perfect anywhere somewhat consistent real time.

What if it's just frame-pretty-good?

personitis

Then you've no excuse to be failing it in the first place aside from "being a bad/new player."

Meeptroid

I'm doing another stream tomorrow at some point after the time of 3:00 PM Pacific Time, at some point. Hope to see you guys there! It will most likely start around 4-6 PM Pacific Time

Quietus

Quote from: Elminster on September 28, 2015, 10:40:48 PMWhat if it's just frame-pretty-good?
Then you end up with pause screen abuse. :^_^:

Meeptroid

NASA found more water on Mars, and also methane, which possibly points towards there at least being life on Mars at some point. Damn, I have always been big about life on other planets, so, this is BIG to me!

Quietus

While I accept that it's only a matter of time, I thought they'd just found more positive evidence, not the actual water yet? Liquid water has already been found elsewhere anyway. :^_^:

Meeptroid

Yes, true, but it IS liquid water, and with everything they have found, they think there might still be microbes still existing there right now!

Quietus

It seems a logical assumption. If they have evolved enough to survive there for this long around a water source, there's no reason to believe that they wouldn't survive indefinitely while it's there.

Meeptroid

Yeah, but, they are keeping in account that they might also not exist now, possibly just in the past, and, again, thats a very logical assumption.

Quietus

So, they're certain that they might exist and they might not exist? It's nice to know that things have become so much clearer after their recent discoveries. It all sounds like Captain Obvious to me. :^_^:

PKstarship

So after two years of owning my tablet, I finally figured out how to take a screenshot with it. My epic Minecraft Pocket Edition house will be ready soon, I'll post the pictures here :^_^:

Meeptroid

Quote from: PKstarship on September 30, 2015, 08:30:40 PM
So after two years of owning my tablet, I finally figured out how to take a screenshot with it. My epic Minecraft Pocket Edition house will be ready soon, I'll post the pictures here :^_^:

PK, there is a thread specifically for Minecraft Pictures and videos, so post them there