News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meeptroid

Snarfblam, not if its black barbed-wire. That would be possible if it were that

Quietus

I think that if it were barbed wire, we'd see some barbs. Also, I believe you missed Snarfblam's sarcasm tags.

Meeptroid

Oh :whoa: well, that just proves even more I'm bad at seeing sarcasm

PKstarship

I've always wanted to make something big and impressive like that. A few years ago I made a full-sized Samus arm cannon entirely out of Lego bricks. Someday I want to move out and make a full Varia Suit using Legos, and keep it on display in my house.

Meeptroid

Now that would be cool  :^_^:

Quietus

Quote from: PKstarship on September 25, 2015, 10:51:55 AMLegos
It always makes me smile when people write or say this. In England, the collective term is just 'Lego'. 'Legos always gives me the impression of ickle kids going of to play with 'der Legos'. :wub:

Meeptroid

OK then.......... highly inappropriate...... :lol:

PKstarship

Quote from: Quietus on September 25, 2015, 11:16:41 AM
Quote from: PKstarship on September 25, 2015, 10:51:55 AMLegos
It always makes me smile when people write or say this. In England, the collective term is just 'Lego'. 'Legos always gives me the impression of ickle kids going of to play with 'der Legos'. :wub:

I've called them Legos all my life, I really love building with them. I never would use the instruction manuals though, I just like building my own stuff. I've once built a Mario, which I rigged with a speaker and a basic circuit that had a crappy recording of me saying "It'sa me, Mario!". I've even built a very basic pinball machine once :^_^:

Meeptroid

Damn, that ain't bad at all... :^_^:

Quietus

Yep, Lego always wins 'best toy' in my book. :cool:

DSO

My entire childhood is Legos, and painful feet.

Meeptroid

Sounds about right  :lol:

Quietus

Quote from: DSO on September 25, 2015, 04:46:45 PM
My entire childhood is Legos, and painful feet.
Any trying to get those odd few bricks apart that just wouldn't let go, though I was determined not to resort to teeth. :^_^:

This was my favourite set, which I built a couple of times. One time, I even customised it with a motor, so that the rotor blades span. :cool:

PonchGaming

I can't make squat with Legos. Even when I was little, I couldn't build anything. I still can't. Maybe cause I never had/has no imagination. Maybe I will try to make something, like a snes or nes controller

Meeptroid

Well, I finally decided to buckle down and get a mod. Metroid Cubed! Still have yet to completely play it.

SlyPork

Quote from: Quietus on September 25, 2015, 06:38:25 AM
Hehe, that's pretty cool. Bonus points if you can actually use it afterward. Free cookies if you can mockball on it. :grin:

Can't "use" it per se, but the buttons will all be spring powered and able to be pressed in similar fashion to a normal Super Nintendo controller. So if ya want, you can IMAGINE you're doing a mockball :wink: And did I mention it's 3ft wide and 9ft long? So you'll probably need a few buddies to pull it off  :^_^:

Quietus

You'll just have to upgrade: Mockball > Machball > Machoball :^_^:

TheAnonymousUser

Quote from: SlyPork on September 25, 2015, 08:20:01 PM
Can't "use" it per se, but the buttons will all be spring powered and able to be pressed in similar fashion to a normal Super Nintendo controller. So if ya want, you can IMAGINE you're doing a mockball :wink: And did I mention it's 3ft wide and 9ft long? So you'll probably need a few buddies to pull it off  :^_^:
Nothing wrong in playing Super Metroid with 2 players, 1 controller :colonrightv:

personitis

That sounds like the most amazing idea, expect with net play and splitting the controls unevenly. :lol:

JAM

Don't miss the Supermoon eclipse. It's a moon eclipse during supermoon, the peroid when Moon is closer to Earth and seems 14% bigger. Next: 18 years later.

Start main phase: ~00:00 GMT Sep 28
Max phase: 01:45 GMT Sep 28
End main phase: ~03:30 GMT Sep 28

Best viewed at: East coast of America, Western Europe.
Also can be seen at: Central America, Eastern Europe, Africa.

Meeptroid

Dammit, I live in Western US

personitis

Considering the picture below is what I got with my camera on a regular night, I'm a bit excited to see what kind of shot I'll get tomorrow night. :grin:
[spoiler=Downscaled to 25%][/spoiler]

Quietus

Yeah, I may stay up to see it. Spacey stuff is cool. :^_^:

JAM

Quote from: Meeptroid on September 26, 2015, 04:37:05 PM
Dammit, I live in Western US
You may see the ending. Probably. As for me, I don't even sure that I will be able to see it.
I have perfect starting conditions: window in high tower with good view. All I need to do is just sit in front of window. Bad thing is that clouds are approaching tomorrow. At least 15 of them... =)

It will be miracle if I ever see something tomorrow.

personitis
Not exactly. Moon will change its colors from white/blue to dark red.
When it enter Earth's semi-shadow, it became dark yellow.
When it enter Earth's shadow, it became dark red.
Since max phase is 1.28, all the moon will be dark red over a hour.
Then again dark yellow and white/blue.

Shape of Moon will be circle all the time. It's different than solar eclipse.

personitis

I was talking more about the quality of my picture for just some typical camera as opposed to the color or its phase. The thing has got damn good zoom.