News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snarfblam

Jiffy

I became a 15 year old today! They grow up so fast...  :heheh:

Jordan5

Happy birthday Jiffy! You're one step closer to not being underage anymore :heheh:

PonchGaming

Jeff the jiggly puff, born September 12th, 2000. Happy bday

Grimlock

:flap: :flap:  Happy Birthday Jefe  :flap: :flap:

Quietus

Happy birthday, Jefe. Oh, how I remember the days of counting in the tens. :^_^:

Then the twenties. :O_o:

Now the thirties... :pale:

Smiley

I got a thing in the mail

[spoiler][/spoiler]

You guys need to make things because things can get you things if the thing things good enough.

Quietus

Congratulations! :cheers:

PonchGaming

PKstarship

Conglaturations! A winner is you!

But seriously, that's really cool :^_^:

Vismund Cygnus

I'm not sure how many people here are inclined to make real games, but if you ever were, Humble's Weekly Bundle features Game Maker Pro, plus some source codes, for as little as $12$6USD. For reference, that's a value of $568 at a discount of around 98%.

You might wanna get on it if you were ever planning on using what I'd consider a rather useful tool.

Meeptroid

Damn that's cheap, too bad I can't afford even that right now......

Quietus

Quote from: Vismund Cygnus on September 18, 2015, 09:01:37 AMfor as little as $12USD.
To be clear, you only need pay $6 for GameMaker: Studio Pro. You only need to pay the extra if you want the additional source codes.

Vismund Cygnus

fixt. The extra $6US does however cover the Android app stuff, if you were interested in developing for Android.

Meeptroid

I know, but I'm only 13, and, well, I get 20 Bucks a month, with the amount of time this is going on, I probs won't be able to get it

SpoOkyMagician

Ah game maker... I miss those days... Ever since YoYo Games bought them out, I gave up on it. Another Forum I was on sold out to them as well. (IIRC anyway) Game Maker Showcase/Community. (I don't remember which one. Snabela was the owner. AKA @.) I tried to get back into it but, I just can't.

It is a very useful program/tool though.

~ SpoOkyMagician

Zero One

My parents bought me the Pro version of some Game Maker release many Christmases ago. Ended up never using it, beyond maybe one of the tutorials.

Meeptroid

Quote from: Zero One on September 19, 2015, 11:12:32 AM
My parents bought me the Pro version of some Game Maker release many Christmases ago. Ended up never using it, beyond maybe one of the tutorials.

Really? Meh, I have tried out the basic Game Maker thing they got on Steam. Could never get into it....sadly..... :cry:

Zero One

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTfrKOQFPNA

Oh SHIT. This thing looks amazing; I really need to finish my Temple of Time.

Meeptroid

Quote from: Zero One on September 20, 2015, 09:45:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTfrKOQFPNA

Oh SHIT. This thing looks amazing; I really need to finish my Temple of Time.

[/b]THAT, MY FRIEND, IS ONE OF THE BEST THINGS I HAVE EVER SEEN![/b]

Grimlock

WOW, that was impressive!  If the whole game were remastered in the Unreal 4 engine it would be a hit!

Quietus

It certainly looks pretty good. :^_^:

Quietus

So, after a year of saving for a new gaming computer, I finally gave it after getting stuck in the 'wait just one more pay period, wait just one more pay period' loop. Hopefully I'll now be able to run some games without dropping all of the settings down to 'low'. :grin:

Zero One

I was going to complain how useless an i7 is for gaming, but shit, at that price for that computer? Nice fucking steal Quietus!

Quietus

I've read lots of pros and cons for all sorts, and settled for that, as going higher seemed to offer very much diminishing returns. It's also a bit of future proofing, as I know I'll need to make do with this for at least five years or so. I've had my current one for seven or eight years, so it's done well! :^_^: