News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetroidPeter

Quote from: Mon732 on August 11, 2015, 08:36:23 AM
Quote from: Quietus on August 11, 2015, 04:29:37 AM
...such as Zelda 3 or...

*shudders* That bloody Ice Palace...

And people say the water temple is bad. At least the water temple didn't cost me my controller & sanity.

Quietus

What's so frustrating is that you drop the block, get to the button,  then get the satisfying feeling that you're nearly done, only to find that you can only push the block once, and you have to suddenly figure out an entirely new route through the rooms to get to the opposite block. It's messing with people's emotions, man. :neutral:

Mon732

When you know the route it's pretty easy, but when you don't it's so easy to get stuck walking in a loop.

Quietus

Quote from: Mon732 on August 14, 2015, 08:22:22 AMWhen you know the route it's pretty easy
We're talking about first runs, as your point applies to almost every game ever. :heheh:

Zero One

Went to Scifair today and I got so much good stuff!

THERE. ARE. FOUR. LINKS.

Mon732

Kitsune_Phoenix

*deleted post*

Zero One

Fixed the links. Not sure why they 410'd. I blame Dropbox.

Mon732

MetroidMst

I want that Majora's Mask.

Zero One

The weird thing is that the Majora's Mask has "Minish Cap" engraved on the back. I don't know why.

Mon732

[spoiler=Majora's Cap?][/spoiler]

PKstarship

Quietus

I'd imagine that'd freak you out. I haven't played many Kirby games, but I thought it was the other way round, in that he eats the enemies?

PKstarship

It kinda shocked me when I saw it, but I love Mario's reaction :lol: And yeah Kirby eats enemies and absorbs their powers, he doesn't get inside them. Also, all the enemies kirby eats seem to go into another dimension that they can't escape from...

PKstarship

So, yesterday I watched a video on youtube about the moral dilemma of Mario killing tons of enemies in Super Mario Bros, and the video mentioned that you can beat the entire game only hurting Bowser and his copies. This led me to try out a so-called "Pacifism Run" of Super Mario Bros, which means no stomping on any enemy whatsoever, and no smashing bricks, because the bricks are Toads that were transformed into bricks by Bowser.  it's still fine to hit ? blocks though. I got to level 3-2, and accidentally fell onto a Koopa. I highly recommend the Pacifism Run to anyone who loves the original Super Mario Bros, because it adds a whole new aspect to the game, and it is somewhat difficult too :^_^: also, sorry for double-posting.

Quietus

I also quite like the TAS with no B button, and the one with Mario 1, 2, 3, and Lost Levels completed with the same input. :^_^:

PKstarship

Funny you mentioned same-input playthroughs, because I just earlier today found out what those were, I saw a guy playing Metroid Zero Mission and Fusion same-input, looking to get 100% on both games. That guy mentioned that the navagation rooms were a life-saver, I guess because he could focus on Zero Mission during those sequences. Also I can barely beat Mario: Lost Levels normally, someone who can beat that while beating the other games at the same time deserves a medal  :lol:

Edit: Love how Mario moon-walks in the no-run TAS, that guy totally missed an opportunity to make Smooth Criminal play in the background. And that Same-Input one,  :holyf: My brain melted from the awesomeness of this run  :lol:

Quietus

If that's the case, you'll probably like the Megaman X one too. :^_^:

On another note, I'm sure the moonwalk is from Billie Jean, not Smooth Criminal. :razz:

PKstarship

Woah, I love watching these things, it's like sensory overload, seeing and hearing three games at once. That Megaman X same-input was a little less perfect then the Mario one, but I guess I'm one to talk, I can barely play one game at once sometimes :lol:

MetroidPeter

Quote from: PKstarship on August 20, 2015, 03:04:27 PM
So, yesterday I watched a video on youtube about the moral dilemma of Mario killing tons of enemies in Super Mario Bros, and the video mentioned that you can beat the entire game only hurting Bowser and his copies. This led me to try out a so-called "Pacifism Run" of Super Mario Bros, which means no stomping on any enemy whatsoever, and no smashing bricks, because the bricks are Toads that were transformed into bricks by Bowser.

Was that video by any chance by Vsauce? Also, regarding the bricks being toads transformed by Bowser, didn't Nintendo retcon that out? One last thing: where'd you find the gif that you have as your profile pic? I've been looking for that video for ages!

PKstarship

Yeah, that video I watched was from Vsauce. I'm also not sure about the bricks, it's possible that only the dungeons and castles are made out of the Toad-bricks, and the rest of the bricks are just normal, so Mario isn't really killing anything by smashing the bricks. And regarding the gif, I think I Googled "metroid prime gif" and searched through the images :^_^:

Quietus

If you haven't already found the .gif, you can grab it here. :^_^:

personitis

Ah my old forum avatar. Good (and silly) times. :heheh: