News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cpt.Glitch

Quietus

I know somebody did this a while ago.  I don't remember how far they got, but their run may give you some ideas.

Cpt.Glitch

Actually, I got the idea from the guy who tied the fusion record with biospark. Kirby Master or something like that. He completed them both at 100% at about the same  time

JAM

Double shot!
Happy birthday Quote58 and Tyjet66!

Black Falcon

Since I just found out about it yesterday and didn't see someone making a post about this, I'll do it.

Monty Oum, the creator of fighting videos like Haloid, and series like RWBY, passed away on February 1st 2015 due to an allergic reaction during a routine medical procedure. He became 33 years old.

That really hit me, because I was a huge fan of his work. His animation style and the fighting/dancing style of the characters in his shows were outstanding and unique, I really enjoyed watching it.

I know this all happened almost two months ago, but it's never too late to say goodbye.

RIP Monty.

Vismund Cygnus

When we heard the news, I think everyone's hearts missed a beat. You were one of the kindest and most genuine people I'd ever met, and you were taken far before your time. I regret not getting to know you better, but at least now you're no longer in pain.
Rest in peace Brandon. You'll never be forgotten.

Edit; Sorry for contributing to what's become a rather grim topic by the looks of it. Needed to vent somewhere.

SlyPork

So since Metroid Fusion regained a bit of popularity lately, I've been trying to remember a certain article in a certain NintendoPower issue that had a certain pic of Samus's ship in a different location than was actually found in the game. It's funny though because I actually noticed this as a youngin' when it first came out. After some random searches, I finally found it.

This

I also found a couple pics of other old versions of the game that looked similar and I thought were interesting:

them
that
those

Quietus

Seems like it's still the same place, but has another layer of tiles there.  Still, it's interesting to see. :^_^:

Mon732

That health bar looks like the one from the GBA Pokemon Games.

personitis

Another night where I lay in bed for hours and find the sun eventually breaking through my blinds without a single second of sleep. I fear this is slowly becoming a problem. :neutral:

Quietus

I used to have trouble sleeping, and I found I could only break the routine by forcing myself into a new one.  I made myself have a set mealtime, go for a run, then a shower, then read for a while.  It was a case of making myself tired, and winding down for the evening.

Kitsune_Phoenix

*deleted post*

Zhs2

Unless something has changed with new management, I think people are still allowed to lock their own threads as needed. As for the reason some of us can imagine why, well, gee, I wonder who that could be...

Quietus

Anybody else hear that cracking noise..?

I think that was my sarcasm meter breaking again. :^_^:

personitis

I heard something but I don't recall it being a cracking noise. Maybe I should get some sleep now... :sleep:

SpoOkyMagician

@person: I have sleeping trouble from time to time as well. I recommend one of these.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WedvnI3L8dg

or this

www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0sM4ooBLK0

~ SpoOkyMagician

Kitsune_Phoenix

*deleted post*

squishy_ichigo

Quote from: SpoOkyMagician on April 03, 2015, 12:11:16 AM
@person: I have sleeping trouble from time to time as well. I recommend one of these.

[image of box fan]

I totally have trouble sleeping when I don't have a fan to cancel out the noise that I would otherwise hear while trying to sleep. Its soothing mechanical  humming is nice too. Even if its too cold out, I just turn the fan around so I still get the sound, haha.

TheAnonymousUser

Quote from: Kitsune_Phoenix on April 03, 2015, 05:55:19 AM
I wish somebody could slip a VRC6 or VRC7 into an SNES cartridge... Maybe even one modified to have simple stereo sound processing (with Amiga-style panning @50% separation on the pulse channels.)

But imagine playing a Super Metroid hack with some kickass chiptunes, and saving the 8 channels and small ram on the SPC-700 for in-game sound effects. Or if you wanted, mix the chiptune channels with sample channels for very complex tunes.

Isn't that what the MSU-1 was supposed to do? For playing music externally whilst leaving the 8 SPC channels for sound effects?

JAM

Subj. It was beaten today.

QuoteMost Online Today: 193. Most Online Ever: 193 (Yesterday at 19:57:25)

Quietus

Possibly related to that Kotaku thing.

Black Falcon

Alright, with the Main Site getting an overhaul, I thought it's about time to wrap things up with my subdomain too.
It's still there, don't worry, but I replaced the document section (from which all patches and files being moved to the new resource page instead) with a new Music section, so people can stay up to date about my current tunes I've been working on, and listen to/download released stuff!
Video section is a bit weird, YT probably changed the way videos are embedded, but I'm going to fix that soon too.

Check it out here. Just FYI.
BTW feedback is much appreciated!  :^_^:
Enjoy!

Vismund Cygnus

Quietus

I have a feeling that you're trying to tell us something with the video.  I'm not sure.  Perhaps it's subliminal..?