News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scyzer

M1CR0H4CK3R

Quietus

Quote from: JAM on March 29, 2014, 07:03:14 PMbut you'll do the combo if he didn't stop you, right?
Yeah, but when it happens, it's not a combo that he's breaking either.  I guess H-H-H-HIT STOPPER!!! wouldn't have the same ring to it. :razz:

Quote from: Scyzer on March 30, 2014, 11:50:15 AM
You mean this spiderball?
I wait for the moment when somebody is speedballing, then applies the Spiderball, and instakills Samus as she's crushed by the deceleration. :^_^:

Scyzer

Quote from: Quietus on March 30, 2014, 04:37:43 PM
I wait for the moment when somebody is speedballing, then applies the Spiderball, and instakills Samus as she's crushed by the deceleration. :^_^:

I don't think crushed is the right word. I imagine Samus would stick to the ground normally, but the other parts of her would be going fast still, resulting in Samus 'peeling' herself and getting spread out along the ground like a Persian rug. I guess if it happened in the landing site, it could be both a welcome mat and deterent to new visitors.

Quietus

Hehe, yeah, I can see the next 'Samus' landing, and doing a quick scan for any physics changes.  She'd scan around, find the smear, and take back off. :yay:

Quote58

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU CACTUS BLOOMING AUSSIE LANDER!!!! Have a great day buddy (LETS HAVE A PARTY)

Smiley

It's quite a Visious birthday. Congratulations!

JAM

You're so cruel (and) Sadistic =)
Maybe like this. The code in original game is too unfinished. You can change to spinning jump pose with floating in the air and ability to lay bombs and do bomb jumping. No way to quit from this pose, though.

[/quote]
Maybe, not an instakill. She may just jump out of her suit =)

Quietus

...while making the transformers noise. :^_^:

Crashtour99

Quote from: JAM on April 16, 2014, 04:24:22 PM
No way to quit from this pose, though.
I can fix that.  Probably...  lol  You should PM me this data so I can take a look at it.   :wink:

Daltone

Happy bday dman

old balls

Digital_Mantra

Danke Daltone. And thanks to the rest of you fucks that didn't know. Sorry, guess I didn't register with a birthday?

28, Was rather terrible. Skipped out on my own bday dinner because there were 14 people.
With my social anxiety (irregardless of it being friends/family), I can only accustom to 3-5 at a time.
Skipping out, had waifu over instead, to calm the nerves. Watched some tv shows. Then had a mental breakdown.
This resulted in the family consideration the psych ward again. I was hell no, nvm my psychotic pre-mid-life crisis. It will pass.
It did pass. I am content again. How? No idea, probably because I'm so stoned and hammered that I'm pliable psychological clay again..
These transient moments, consider them more often when they happen. Insight to the redundancy of being alive.

tldr; blowjob was amazing

Quote58

Happy birthday Dman! Sorry about the shit you're going through and I hope this year will be better

Retroo

Digital_Mantra

I'm just a brain absorbing shit. That is all we are.
Unless we create something for others to absorb in the long run,
we are just absorbing the shit others have created.

We are rendered useless, however we enjoy absorbing shit.
We cling to our brain storage, knowing it will eventually end.
As if we've somehow contributed our transient consciousness to some collective.
The collective is whats transient. It shifts the zeitgeist knowledge.

We're just a brain, absorbing shit like a sponge. The lifespan of a rag is not long.
Neither are you, brain.

Brain... Brian... Bryan.

Quietus

I know the same could be said of anybody that dies, but it'd be interesting to think how things would have differed without him.  Would the movies have been as successful?  Would there have been more than one? :^_^:

Digital_Mantra

No Giger, different/no Alien, possibly no inspiration for Metroid's existence.
He was my favorite artist. Also, he died the same way Coil's John Balance did. Damn.
Stupid stairs.

Vismund Cygnus

Quote from: Digital_Mantra on May 13, 2014, 12:30:58 PM
No Giger, different/no Alien, possibly no inspiration for Metroid's existence.
Eris would never be the same.

Quietus

DMan: I remember you mentioning his work as inspiration before.  Was it while recording for Eris?  Or for the cover, maybe?  I can't remember.

Digital_Mantra

Quote from: Quietus on May 13, 2014, 03:22:58 PM
DMan: I remember you mentioning his work as inspiration before.  Was it while recording for Eris?  Or for the cover, maybe?  I can't remember.

Yeah, Giger has inspired me since I was a little kid reading my dad's OMNI magazines and looking at the surreal pictures.
Got me suspended once in elementary, I'd drawn a robotic alien women with dicks thrusting into wall gashes. True story.
His inspiration is far more prevalent in Cliffhanger. Cliffhanger had more statues and Giger'esque stuff.
Eris simply used the Alien+Metroid universe concept, and that was only for the 2012 edition. There was no Space Jockey in the '09 version.

One of my music videos uses his art, as that album was literally inspired by his 1973 'Landscape XXVIII' among other prints.
[spoiler]www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ObEwmDuuS4[/spoiler]

Digital_Mantra

Actually I'm not finished yet. This is a tragic loss when you really think about how influential Giger was.
Take Contra for example, take certain shoot em ups, or rpgs like Illusions of Gaia, Gigyas from Earthbound, etc.
The list goes on and is very long in the video game department. He really had a solid impact in the gaming industry.
All the time we read up on news in the morning and hear of big names kicking the bucket, but this was a very big name.

Goodnight, sweet prince.

Vismund Cygnus

Without Giger, Brain Salad Surgery would suck!
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Digital_Mantra

Yeah man. Even worked with Aphex Twin and Korn, among other artists.

Uikri

So I want to try my hand at creating some hacks using Super and the two handheld titles. I'm not positive what the best tools for the job are, though, or if I need any kind of knowledge on coding or whatever the right word for stuff like hex editing is. Also, in basic terms, what is ASM, and what does it do?