News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mon732

Bonjour!
Some of you may have noticed that I've not been on IRC for the past 2 weeks. That is because I was on holiday in the south of France.
Well I'm back now and oh god the number of unread posts.

Parabox

Could I ask everyone to check out Welcome to Night Vale? It's a twice-monthly podcast in the style of community updates for the small desert town of Night Vale, featuring local weather, news, announcements from the Sheriff's Secret Police, mysterious lights in the night sky, dark hooded figures with unknowable powers, and cultural events, and I think it's really quite cool.

Quietus

I did have a quick flick at it, but couldn't make out what it was supposed to be.  Is it supposed to be semi-serious, with funny bits chucked in?  Or is it just a humour blog from the outset?

Parabox

Well, in-universe it's all pretty serious, but for you, as an outside observer, it's supposed to be humourous for the most part.

Daltone

Got my company started up, got my first real contract yesterday. ive done a few jobs already but they were either under the table or a one time thing. still need a logo so if anyone can help id love ya for it. my name is grass dragon landscaping, pm if you can draw and stuff.
the gf leaves to china for some months tomorrow so it should free up some time, maybe ill have something for t.h.e contest after all.

Quietus

Good news on the company, Daltone.  And good luck. :^_^:

FullOfFail

Good to hear Daltone. Should have a decent amount of time left to make rooms, too. I always liked your designs, be neat to explore them.

Quietus

I'm just dropping my new video here.  It's an easy kill method for Draygon.  I know that some people still struggle with him, and thought this would help.

Easy Draygon Kill in Super Metroid

Maybe Person701 can change his title now. :^_^:

personitis

That's clever. However my title will stay as it is a classic to this place. I will stick with my shine sparking however. ^o^

Zero One

I win! :D

And this is what the next 4 years of my life will include!

Smiley

Congratulations!

So, are we going to see your name on Retro Studios' employee list in 4-6 years or are you going to be an indie developer? Or perhaps something completely different?

Quietus

He's gonna make a game called Super Motreid.  It'll be entirely unique, and won't take inspiration from anything whatsoever. :yay:

Vismund Cygnus

He's going to work his way to the top of Nintendo, to finally give hackers the credit they deserve!
A noble cause, to be sure.  :wink:

Zero One

Gotta go indie. But, the course entails a full year of internship so, assuming it doesn't get cancelled, my name will appear in the credits for a game :D

personitis

Quote from: Vismund Cygnus on August 15, 2013, 11:31:32 AM
He's going to work his way to the top of Nintendo, to finally give hackers the credit they deserve!
A noble cause, to be sure.  :wink:
I now have faith in you Zero. Don't let us down!

Also again, I give you my congratulations. :^_^:

Quote58

"I now have faith in you Zero. Don't let us down!"
pfffffft, I always had faith in you 01.
Congrats btw!

Quote58

Sorry for the double post, but this has no relevance to the previous post, soooo...
I just wanted to mention for any android users here that the emulater Snes9x EX+ is really fantastic. It's the first touch screen emulater where I can wall jump, mochball, and play comfortably. I can actually see myself playing through sm on it. The other thing is it's completely free. No adds, no bullshit. Tons of options, including save states and fast forward, it's really the best snes emulater you can get for android atm, so I highly recommend it.

Quietus

I needs to get me a phone first. :^_^:

Zhs2

Quietus

I'm just too much of a tightwad.  I've had at least two phones in the past, but they keep cutting me off, and recycling my number, because I never use it.  Remembering to make one phone call a month to keep my number active was a pain in the arse.  I didn't want to pay for a contract phone, because none of them were cheap enough for me. :oh:

Zhs2

I still have a pay-as-you-go plan (and this is one of those phones too, simply slip in your old SIM card and go.) Contracts are really expensive... you can wonder why a college-bound student with no source of income doesn't pay for one.

Quietus

Yeah, that's what I was on, but I kept forgetting to make a call / send a text, to keep it active. :cry:

Digital_Mantra

Such an ambitious project.. too bad its a shitty premise: "it takes place right after the events of metroid hunters"
Their previous films footage as an example was a joke to the concept of a metroid short anyways. What a waste.
Kickstart? How about Kickfuck.

Quietus

Surely it'd make more sense for them to just take the basics of the Metroid story and create a short film for that, rather than trying to make something specific, and sliding it into the official timeline?  Mother Brain sends Ridley to acquire Metroids, Samus is sent to eradicate them, and kills the Space Pirates while she's at it.