News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cloud20

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLACK FALCON  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

Vismund Cygnus

My school holidays finish today.
I am not looking forward to going back and explaining to my teachers (read: lying) why I haven't done any of my homework.

I remember thinking that the two weeks we take off in between terms was too long, and I'd get bored about halfway through. Thanks to the internet, I don't have that problem anymore!

Also, did something happen to the forums earlier, or did my internet connection just die?

Zhs2

In-Motion broke the MySQL server for about eight hours. If you're seeing this forum thread, it's all fixed :wink:

Vismund Cygnus

Quote from: Zhs2 on July 12, 2013, 01:33:22 PM
In-Motion broke the MySQL server for about eight hours. If you're seeing this forum thread, it's all fixed :wink:
Well that explains that, and I guess the problem is solved!  :^_^:
I was about to start bitching about anything, only to refresh the page and find that it wasn't working anymore. Hence the spam on my part all of a sudden. Sorry. ;)

DSO

Using my latent powers to levitate glass gems inside a bottle.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Quietus

It looks like a load of sticky sweets. :^_^:

Jordan5

Have the forums and main site been down for anyone else today? :pwuh:

personitis

They were down all of last night and this morning. Not sure what the exact issue was though, but I can assume it was something to do with our host.

Quietus

Are they back up yet? :oh:

Smiley

That's hard to tell. I'm not sure if my mother's cellphone is on either. I'd better call her and ask.

Zhs2

Suspended again due to bandwidth usage, but they actually recommended solutions for abusive webcrawlers this time around. Should be alright now.

Smiley

HALF-LIFE 3 CONFIRMED! RELEASE DATE REVEALED!

[spoiler]
[spoiler]Were I 10 years younger, I'd put a troll face here[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Jordan5

Quote from: SMILEuser96 on July 18, 2013, 04:10:49 PM
HALF-LIFE 3 CONFIRMED! RELEASE DATE REVEALED!

[spoiler]
[spoiler]Were I 10 years younger, I'd put a troll face here[/spoiler][/spoiler]
that's an interesting release date ;)

Quietus

Assuming that we change to the Internation Fixed Calendar in time, that'd make it 15 December 2013 on our current calendar, so not too long to wait.  Whoopie! :yay:

Vismund Cygnus

Not sure if anyone's been watching it, but the ESA (European Speedster's Assembly) bonus stream is up, and they're supposed to be showing a RBO of Super Metroid. Anyone who's interested should check it out, I'm pretty sure the Twitch channel is Ludendi  :^_^:

Quietus

I haven't caught any yet, but I did see it mentioned on the SDA front page a week or so back.  Speaking of which, SDA's huge charity marathon starts in a few days, and is always a good watch.  Go, go, go! :^_^:

Vismund Cygnus

I'm looking forward to the Final Fantasy IV run. It has some of the best music of any game IMO.
Estimating 1:30.00 for Super Metroid seems a bit long, considering the Dark Souls estimate is identical. Then again, I've seen stranger things before.
Also. D e e R F o r C e

personitis

Quote from: Vismund Cygnus on July 22, 2013, 10:40:21 AM
Estimating 1:30.00 for Super Metroid seems a bit long
The person running SM has the world record in 100% at 1:19:23 real time, which is very fitting for that time estimate. 1:30:00 is waaaay to long for any%. Also yes, D e e R F o r C e.

Vismund Cygnus

I reread and realised they're taking donations on what category  D e e R F o r C e run it shall be, which definitely explains it. I was so confused, as Zoast is running it, and he posted a 45:46 a month ago. Should be good to watch actually.
* Vismund prays for an RBO
And as always voting to save/kill the animals. I always go for save, because Hotarubi did it.  :lol:

Quietus

Is that record single segment?  And whose is it?  Garrison's?  Zoast's?  Somebody else?  I'm interested in what they're calling a record, since as far as I was aware, the record was still 0:48 in-game time for a segmented run, and I haven't kept up to speed with the single segment records for a while.  I'm not even sure what that 0:48 is in real time.

Vismund Cygnus

Quote from: Quietus on July 22, 2013, 11:41:04 AM
Is that record single segment?  And whose is it?  Garrison's?  Zoast's?  Somebody else?  I'm interested in what they're calling a record, since as far as I was aware, the record was still 0:48 in-game time for a segmented run, and I haven't kept up to speed with the single segment records for a while.  I'm not even sure what that 0:48 is in real time.
The record is zoast's, and it's a 00:48 in-game, single segment.

personitis

Oh. I wasn't aware that donations were determining the type of run being done. I hope to see some low% (Ice or Speed Booster, doesn't matter). Also the 1:19:23 run is a single segment 0:48 by Zoast (Vismund beat me to it :heheh:). Deer Tier is what the runners use as leader boards. Due note that runs submitted there are counted in real time as opposed to game time and are all single segments (afaik). As for the 0:48 on SDA I'm not entirely sure, but I'm willing to bet that it's longer due to a few factors such as door transitions into/out of save rooms and other door transitions which would save game time, but not real time.

Yuki

I've been wondering, who here other than me and Cloud13 does music, and what programs do you use? +1 for FoF's idea btw

Yuki

Of course it counts, any music counts :P I use Open ModPlug Tracker for my crappy tunes.

Black Falcon

Quote from: Drevan Zero on July 22, 2013, 12:02:22 PM
I've been wondering, who here other than me and Cloud13 does music, and what programs do you use? +1 for FoF's idea btw
Me.
I'm using FL Studio.
Making music for a few months now, but you can still hear from my songs that I have yet to learn a ton of stuff, especially mastering.
Some people from IRC might know my songs already.
[spoiler=latest song]
SpreadFire - Boundless [HD]
[/spoiler]
I'm trying to get better by improving existing songs and add/remove stuff:
Old Spriits
New Spirits

Also some WIP I'm stuck with atm.

They still need proper tags n stuff, but I'm too lazy to change that right now...