News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DSO

In TLP, it usually takes me an hour to draw/redraw/redraw/redraw 4 8x8s until they reach a point where I think they're passible. In the past hour, I have drawn 49 8x8s I actually like.

How long does it usually take you real graphics wizards to come up with ideas and then translate ideas into good looking tiles?

squishy_ichigo

* squishy_ichigo now playing: Kindred - pixietricks, zircon (Super Metroid ~Reserve Tank VARIAtions~)

I don't really care that the music topic was locked.  If you want to post the music your listening to without making contributions to the conversations, then this forum's probably not for you.

* squishy_ichigo now playing: bLiNd Metallic Hope - Tensei-san (Super Metroid ~Reserve Tank VARIAtions~)

BUT, if you want to make the most kickass hack that was ever dreamed of, (and just add your crazy NP's onto the end of your post like BS suggested) then this IS the forum for you! :D

* squishy_ichigo now playing: Heat Vision - DarkeSword (Super Metroid ~Reserve Tank VARIAtions~)

Welcome to the 'Talk of the Day' topic!  Where you can get away with NP's as long as you talk about other stuff to!

* squishy_ichigo now playing: Speed Run - AMT (Super Metroid ~Reserve Tank VARIAtions~)

overkill?

edit: I forgot to mention!
[1:43:14 AM]  < squishy_ichigo> was lvl 24 at 11:00 am, and am lvl 64 now :D
My ice sorc on DiabloII is getting pretty good!
Lvl 20 blizzard and lvl 20 Ice mastery acheived!
Now just to finish off those synergies... >_<
And my staff give +2 Cold Spells, +3 Blizzard :3

RealRed

:<_<: overkill.

DSO: that sounds okay, I probably work at about the same speed, just, I have some slacking in between each tile or two. :P

zephyrtronium

I just got home a few minutes ago, newly diagnosed with ADD! I start medication next week. :grin:

Digital_Mantra

RealRed

Dream/nightmare thread? sounds kickass. random stories generated from almost nowhere is win :D
speaking of dreams, I haven't been having/remembering any lately.. :(

DSO

Learning to meditate and think deeply on a single subject is what really helps your attention span. I second DM on the Ritalin thing, I've never seen anything good come from it.

I've had a few dreams lately but no nightmares. I only go through a nightmare about once or twice a year.

Phazar

Regarding ADD: COMPLETE BS!!!!

I know plenty of people diagnosed with so-called ADD, and they actually can focus on certain things with extreme attention.  I'm guessing that if you care about something, you'll get to work on it, and if you don't give a flickerbat, you'll slack off.  And they call that ADD....total crap.

Digital_Mantra

zephyrtronium

Quote from: Digital_Mantra on May 19, 2009, 03:34:30 PM
Quote from: uNsane on May 19, 2009, 02:03:06 PMI just got home a few minutes ago, newly diagnosed with ADD! I start medication next week. :grin:
It seems almost everyone has ADD these days. It's a bullshit condition mostly invented and mis-diagnosed for the sole purpose to make money. I hope your medication isn't Ritalin. Take it from someone whose mind is detrimentally damaged by it.
Nah, they gave me something that started with a c or something; it functions the same way as Ritalin but lasts 2-3 times as long. If they would've actually given me Ritalin, I probably would've ended up selling it anyways.
Quote from: Phazar on May 19, 2009, 04:48:02 PMI know plenty of people diagnosed with so-called ADD, and they actually can focus on certain things with extreme attention.  I'm guessing that if you care about something, you'll get to work on it, and if you don't give a flickerbat, you'll slack off.  And they call that ADD....total crap.
Actually, the doctor I went to has 4 rather specific criteria for diagnosing ADD, and I apparently met all of them. Something about having a neuromaturation 2 standard deviations below the norm and stuff.

Zhs2

In my case, at least, ADD was a bunch of bullcrap. Sure, my attention span was certainly subpar, but not to that kind of extreme. If anything, I was hyperactive, too. :icon_razz:

Also, I'm weird when I go do manual labor. My body is occupied enough that my mind runs on full speed. My dad has even caught me singing while working. :icon_redface: So, yeah. For some reason I was thinking about the word "nigger" all day. And then I came up with the weirdest idea evar: What if there was this black dude who had a white kid as a slave (the white kid was kind of slow, and the black dude had him under some kind of contract) and the black dude called the white kid "nigger"?

EDIT:
Quote from: DMantraShould this forum have a Dream thread? I don't know, it's refreshing that I'm not posting on M2K2. Let's be original and have a Nightmare thread!
Whatever you decide, I say go for it. In other words, DO IT FAGGOT :nod:

interdpth

So what's up? I feel so rorney.

Phazar

I just finished studying for a bunch of tests I have tomorrow.  Oh yeah, and I have exams in less than two weeks! :icon_mad:

interdpth

I graduate thursday :D

Big Gay Cell

Bluck, exams.  Luckily, I just finished mine for the semester, and I'm off for the Summer.  No more classes until the Fall!  Woo!

RealRed

~3 weeks left :DDDDDDDDDDD
it might be a longer time than you guys have, but oh well.

Digital_Mantra

squishy_ichigo

Quote from: Digital_Mantra on May 22, 2009, 02:16:50 AM
What have you guys bought lately?

Well, I bought tickets to go to Six Flags (an amusement park) with a couple of my friends. We're going on Tuesday, which is the next day we are all off work at the same time.

I haven't been in like four years, so it should be lots of fun! :D

RealRed

:O
squishy. I wanna go too!

also, wow. I haven't bought...anything lately, except food.

GF_Kennon

My webcam and headset came today, and i dont know what to do with it.......

zephyrtronium

I bought lunch tickets yesterday.

DSO

I just got my guitar back from the fret shop, they did really great work and it's perfectly set up and polished. Makes me ashamed to look at how bad my guitar playing is compared to how good my guitar is...

squishy_ichigo

Yeah, so I'm trying to close up at Subway tonight, and my manager calls me about 8:30pm and tells me the opener called in, and he didn't have anyone to open the store.

After trying to call like 5 PEOPLE!  He asks me to do it, and me, being a pushover, says ok.

So, I'm not going to sleep tonight, I'm just gonna wait until I get of work tomorrow morning. :/

GF_Kennon

looking at a RAM upgrade today, 4GB

Not sure if i should though :< as money is an issue with me.

RealRed

You definitely should. $63~ for a 4gb RAM expansion is a REALLY good deal.