News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quietus

I'm currently recording a glitchless 100% run, with no use of advanced techniques at all.  It's planned to be a guide for new players, who may struggle to master the more advanced stuff.  The plan is to only use wall-jumping and shinesparking where absolutely necessary, or where it makes an item easier to obtain.  An example would be the Missiles at the top of the big room before the Grappling Beam.  They're much easier to get with a shinespark than trying the intended use of the Grappling Beam.  It also uses the original, intended route through the game.  It's actually pretty hard, and I have to keep telling myself not to wall-jump and stuff. :^_^:

THE Purple Helmet

Quote from: A_red_monk_called_Key on November 11, 2011, 11:52:02 AM
damn you Skyrim, why must you haunt me, when i'm so close to the end of my hack.

I too have my priorities is complete disorder due to the awesomeness that is Skyrim! I think I am addicted.

Half of my subordinates at work are addicted too so at least we are all on the same page! LOL

personitis

Quote from: Zhs2 on November 12, 2011, 03:50:47 AM
What, no video record of you getting your ass handed to you to link to?
Skip to 29 minutes. :nope:

@Sadi: Then it's not really a 100% run now is it? :heheh:

As for myself, since I'm home early today, I may attempt another any% and I'll play some SM Bingo later.

Qactis

Quote from: Scyzer on November 13, 2011, 06:30:34 AM
Just finished streaming a 100% speedrun of Super Metroid. Ended up with 98% and a time of 1.54. I didn't use save states or a map, which is probably why I missed 2 missiles.

Missed the one under the crumble bridge near early GB supers, and the one hidden behind the fake sand wall in upper maridia (in the room that is sposed to link up to the top right sand room).

Second one is well hidden, but I can't believe I missed the GB one...

I always miss that norfair one where you are heading to croc and run into the vertical room that has crumble block platforms and the missile is in the wall directly across from the door. The missile in the wall of the turtle room in maridia can be forgotten as well

Quietus

Quote from: person701 on November 13, 2011, 03:16:28 PMSkip to 29 minutes.
The biggest problem I can see with your Draygon fight is that you keep shooting the grey gunk.  Once Draygon starts spewing it out just lay a power bomb.  If one of the grey blobs touches you while the bomb is going off, Draygon will fly away, so just move a little to avoid them while the bomb goes off.  Once it's cleared away the grey gunk, you can just pound Draygon with every missile you have, all the way across the screen. :^_^:

personitis

Happy birthday to Red_Monkey! Since I'm too lazy to get a pic of a cake here:
   ,  ,
_|_|_
|~~~|
|____|

silverpaw84

[snip]

A_red_monk_called_Key

thanks,  i almost forgot. so for my b-day a gift for everybody at metroid construction.(an explanation on how Kraids animation works) i'll clean up up note pad doc and add pics and what not, then post it later.

personitis

After an entire day of relaxing, hot mint tea, a hot shower, healthy food, and whatever else I've done to benefit today, I still feel under the weather.

Smiley

So, I saw Watership Down today. I was only like 3 or 4 when I first saw it. Now it's only a few years left before I turn 18. I wasn't frightened/disturbed by WD when I was young. I still aren't, but seeing it again made me look at it in a different way. It's much darker than I remembered. If you haven't seen it, you really should. You can find it in YouTube.
[spoiler=Part 1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8RQ4KWHAlc&feature=related[/spoiler]
Bunnies are much different in this movie than they are in other animations, that's for sure.

A_red_monk_called_Key

Metroid 2 is available for download on DS VC

Quietus

Quote from: SMILEuser96 on November 24, 2011, 11:00:31 AMWatership Down
Great movie.  The bright eyes song lets you know what you're in for right from the off.  Blubbing. :lol:

Random fact: Watership Down is set in the area around the Enborne River area, which is five minutes from where I live. :cool:

Smiley

Now I'm watching Felidae. It's even worse than Watership Down. (I don't mean that they're bad movies, but rather... You likely have to watch the movies yourself to see what I mean, since there's not a good word to describe them)
Plague Dogs seems to be rather, shall I say, "interesting", too. I'm going to watch it after watching Felidae.

Anyone know other similar movies, preferably cartoons?

Yay, 10 missiles! :^_^:

Edit: Just finished Felidae. I must say, it's kinda strange to see gory deaths in an animated movie about animals. :whoa:

personitis

Went to bed at 9pm last night. Woke up at 1:30am and I've been up since. Wide awake. -_- This is all on top of my really messed up sleep pattern which is already messed up.

Parabox

Oh man, that was the name of that show. Thanks for reminding me!

personitis

Well, I'm in Albany, Georgia for the week.

Malpercio

I have a job interview in two days. That'll be fun.

Quietus

Smiley

Remember to not talk about 'it' during the interview. :=x:

Zhs2

This happened during a particularly silly time on IRC. Circa early October, I believe.

Charmander106

Happy B-day Person701!!

Happy to be a year older!  :wink:

personitis

Yup yup. Thanks! Doesn't even feel like I'm 19. :lol: Had an awesome birthday out of state and away from home. Tomorrow I return to the comforts of my home and most importantly, my room! I miss it sooooo much, but traveling is pretty sweet. Also, I've been wanting to stream stuff so when I return tomorrow... :^_^:

Anyways, I'm out for the night all!

MetroidMst

Only 19? I feel ancient here...

THE Purple Helmet

Quote from: MetroidMst on December 08, 2011, 10:52:53 PM
Only 19? I feel ancient here...

That feeling creeps up on you doesnt it? Oh well

Happy b-day person701! It is my GFs b-day today as well. I only wish she was still 19 haha