News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hiroshi Mishima

Sorry to my friends in #sr388 and Minecraft, but recently I got bit.. rather hard by the Doctor Who bug again. I dunno what set me off, either. Probably the lull in episodes to watch or the fact that the gods-damned DVDs are too freaking expensive but I crave them like a crackhead needs a fix right now.

I got a little birthday money early (supposed to go mostly into my computer fund) but I may toss up 20-30 bucks of it to get the first season of the Sarah Jane Adventures. I don't much LIKE torrenting shows I'd rather own, and if I can find a copy of something I want cheap, I sometimes go for it.

But yeah, been catching up on the first 5 seasons of the "New" Doctor Who. Only ever caught the first couple episodes of Series 1 (or 27 for us older fans), and AN episode of Series 2.. I managed to follow the later half of 3 and all of 4. Pity America seems to think of Doctor Who as some sort of joke (or at least Sci-fi/SyFi certainly does) and never show us the specials when we're supposed to see them.. and overcharge for DVDs "because they can" (gods-damned greedy bastards)... as a result, I never KNEW series 5 (or 31) was even airing on the US until it was too late, and caught the 2-part series finale (which was awesome) at Comic-Con this year. Which is funny, cause I torrented the season finale of series 4 so I wouldn't miss it on account of Comic-Con. Funny that..

Anyways, enough burbling on my part. Just wanted to say sorry I ain't been around/on lately, on account of me watching tons and tons of Doctor Who... oh, and started reading Discworld again. Oh, and played Other M (backstory was BS, actual current plot wasn't so bad, but very depressing.. very Japanese... :/ ), as well. Probably gonna start back up where I left off in Endless Ocean next, or maybe go play an old classic I haven't touched in a while.

Don't worry though, I'll be trying to get back onto Minecraft and the chatroom soon. Bye for now.

EDIT: I know someone is trying to be cute, but changing it to "frak" is really stupid. I wish Battlestar Galactica had never made up some silly swear word. Why did they even bother censoring it? They didn't bother censoring anything else that was racey or dicey, like the rape and other bullshit...

Sorry, ranting, just don't like the word in general, I think it sounds silly. At least "freaking" or "fliping" makes sense. Hmm.. always thought "friggin" sounded weird too. Reminds me of figgen.. or however you spell it. Tah.

EDIT2: Also pardon me if I sound like I'm typing with a bad accent. I tend to start speaking with the language I hear most, which since I live alone for the most part, means my inner thoughts all sound Brtish. Kinda neat, but also rather annoying at times. Especially when I catch myself talking to myself.. well, thinking aloud, or whatever.

Digital_Mantra

how about farscape's frell, or red dwarf's smeg?

Quietus

"Smeggin' 'ell" is the answer to anything and everything, and should be used ubiquitously.

interdpth

Your mom is the answer to anything and everything, and should be used ubiquitously.

Crashtour99

Frak reminds me too much of frag, which I first came across in Quake III Arena (the first, last, and only Quake I've ever played).

Quietus

Quake II is definitely worth a playthrough, I reckon.

zephyrtronium

Quote from: interdpth on September 29, 2010, 01:09:00 AM
Your mom is the answer to anything and everything, and should be used ubiquitously.
And now I have a quote with which to justify urmom.

squishy_ichigo

* squishy_ichigo turns Crys' fuckhole into a waterfall, but then James deletes those map chunks

[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Oh yeah!  It was fun to make a super awesome waterfall, even if it was gonna get deleted!

Parabox

Happy birthday, zephyrtronium! ^.^

squishy_ichigo

get my mom to make it for you, I'm busy playing minecraft

;D

zephyrtronium

My laptop arrives sometime between Monday and Thursday. I think I'm getting a sinus headache, though.

pagebreak fffffffffffff

interdpth

uNsane, I'm always in your sig.

Feels good man

personitis

I just went an entire week without internet... I'm sooooo behind. =_= Right now, I think I'm lucking out. Also, my house is being invaded by gnats.

Phazar

Quote from: Site SlogansDownloadin' cars since 2009

This one seems relatively new among the rotating slogans.  Downloading cars?  I don't remember where that came from.

zephyrtronium

Phazar

So, I finally listened to and cleaned out all the anonymous voicemails I have received over the past few months.  People in real life absolutely suck at trolling.  I laughed out loud at some of their lame prank-call-trolling attempts.

Lunaria

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HIROSHI! :awesome:

NOW COME BACK TO MY DEV CHANNEL, I NEED FEEDBACK!  :FURY:

Phazar

Happy birthday Draconis Kenjishiya!

Silver Skree

* Silver_Skree drools...

Welp, I've decided what map I'm using for my Single Player world from now on.

squishy_ichigo

I found a mountain range very similarly to that recently in my single player world, its totally badass :3

Digital_Mantra

I never quite understood excessive nosebleeds in anime when nudity is shown.

discuss.

oh and lol:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Quietus

That should be shown to all young kids, so they stop asking for stuff. :^_^:

Zhs2

lol, that was in the #metconst topic for the longest time due to its utter win.

Quote from: Digital_MantraI never quite understood excessive nosebleeds in anime when nudity is shown.
I think it's one of those societal things, you know, the things that were invented by the people for the people for the sole purpose of allowing people to stay reasonably close-minded? "OMG UR NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD"

Crashtour99

Quote from: Digital_Mantra on October 10, 2010, 01:25:12 AM
I never quite understood excessive nosebleeds in anime when nudity is shown.

I believe this should be a sufficient explanation.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Nosebleed

Digital_Mantra

Well that answers everything. I had the idea that it symbolized ejaculation whenever master roshi sprays blood all over the place.