News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zhs2

Quote from: Bloodsonicsudden idea. we need a <!> "smiley".
:<!>:

Quote from: Bloodsonicthen I can spam the shit out of it before locking a topic! :D!
no.

Big Gay Cell

Mmm...
Everyone likes exclamation points!

Fizzer

Why dont we have :< ?????
It's the MetConst signature frowny!

squishy_ichigo

Quote from: Bloodsonic on June 29, 2009, 02:51:29 PM
I'll be sure to find something better than hats :)

:D :O :/ >:| >XP

Phazar

Oh noes!  It's the brick wall of doom!

squishy_ichigo

Ok, so... for those who have been hiding in a gutter the last few weeks, Livestreaming has become rather popular on irc!  A few to watch:

www.livestream.com/squishy_ichigo
www.livestream.com/projectxviii
www.livestream.com/drewseph
www.livestream.com/interdpth
www.livestream.com/Zhs2
www.livestream.com/greenkirby
www.livestream.com/cardweaver
www.livestream.com/metconst (GF_Kennon's)

I have been playing hacks with commentary, and hacking on my livestream, if ya ever want to check it out!

/end selfless advertising
* squishy_ichigo np: "Valentine's Day" - Linkin Park : Minutes to Midnight (3:16)
:P

edit: P-P-P-P-PAGE BREAK!

DSO

For those who've been wondering where I've been, I'm afraid I've come down with food poisoning and couldn't keep anything down. Mostly I've been trying to sleep, but my stomach hurts so much it's not happening.

Phazar

I hope you feel better soon.  It would be horrible for one of our members to die of food poisoning.

zephyrtronium

My computer occasionally decides it doesn't want to display in anything other than 800x600 or 1024x768, so when this just happened a few hours ago, I updated my video card's driver. It still appears to only display in 1024x768, but I can suddenly emulate much higher ones by a mouse-on-edge scrolling setup, which is absurdly fun. It's taking a bit of adjustment, but emulating 1600x1200 is so much better than actually using 210. Now I just need to hope fullscreen games still work...

Big Gay Cell

Quote from: Phazar on July 02, 2009, 10:31:42 AM
It would be horrible for one of our members to die of food poisoning.

Lol, high hopes for him, I see.  I think he'd much rather read something like, "I hope you feel better soon!  Food poisoning does suck, but it goes away after a few days."  Not, "Hey, you might die."  Lol.

DSO

Hey, I might die.

In all seriousness, it might be horrible.

Zhs2

* Zhs2 makes Phazar go get a clue

On that topic, I've never had food poisoning nor known anyone else who has had such, but I doubt it's too fatal. Get better, or I'll hire a ninja to put you out of your misery.

Quote from: uNsane
My computer occasionally decides it doesn't want to display in anything other than 800x600 or 1024x768, so when this just happened a few hours ago, I updated my video card's driver. It still appears to only display in 1024x768, but I can suddenly emulate much higher ones by a mouse-on-edge scrolling setup, which is absurdly fun. It's taking a bit of adjustment, but emulating 1600x1200 is so much better than actually using 210. Now I just need to hope fullscreen games still work...
Lucky bastard, I can't go any higher than 1280x1024 UNLESS I'm playing a fullscreen game (and even then, it gives me an INPUT SIGNAL OUT OF RANGE box while still displaying the game correctly. wtf? :O_o:)

Also how did the exclamation mark get broken what is this I don't even

Phazar

Quote from: Zhs2 on July 02, 2009, 09:12:24 PM
Also how did the exclamation mark get broken what is this I don't even
You are just now figuring out that it's broken?

Zhs2

Worked for me yesterday. Apparently though, the file was corrupt; I uploaded a new copy of the Exclamation Mark smiley to the server just now. Try refreshing your browser's cache if it doesn't show up.

:!:

Big Gay Cell

On that topic, I've never had food poisoning nor known anyone else who has had such

I've had food poisoning.  I got it from Roadhouse Grill.  It's no fun, for sure.  But it was nothing more than a few days of throwing up and bed rest.  I have heard of some pretty severe cases of it, though, where people have died.  But I guess that really depends on the way your body handles it.

squishy_ichigo

Wow, as soon as I read that I was reminded of this:
Hardly Boys

XD
-------------
I hope DSO gets better soon! :(

Big Gay Cell

Clue goo for the win.  How would you feel... if somebody came into your home, m'kay, pulled down their pants and laid a big mud monkey right on your mom's face?

Phazar

Hey, remember when we were talking about cool places to explore?  Well, yesterday, when my grandpa, my brother, and I were down at the dock to do some maintenance on my grandpa's boat, we discovered a part of the dock further out with an old, abandoned ship called the Discretion.We climbed aboard to check it out a bit, but we didn't have time to stay long.  It was a huge ship, and the part I explored had old lanterns, buckets of nails, and other old stuff all over the place.  Next time I get a chance, I'll be sure to explore the rest.

DSO

Most of the problems are over, and apparently I'm still alive. Food poisoning actually has about a 10% mortality rate, but that's because most cases of food poisoning happen in places that don't have great medical care or anything. It also depends on what particular bug you get.

Phazar

Happy 4th of July to all the Americans here!  The fireworks have already started in this neighborhood!

Big Gay Cell

Yup.  We took the drive over to Tennessee and bought some of the good fireworks.  Not the crappy ones that you buy at Wal*mart.  We got a couple that had 102 mini-mortars in them, and shot continuously for a little over a minute.  Hah, it was a pretty fun 4th.  I think we ended up getting over $350 in explosives.  o_O

squishy_ichigo

My douchebag co-worker was talking about Micheal Jackson at work again today...
So when I got home, I was in a MJ mood, and started watching YouTube vids and downloading music.

atm I have: Smooth Criminal, Beat It, Thriller, Bad, and Billie Jean.
Any suggestions guys?

I've always been a fan of MJs music.  It was sad to hear him kick the bucket. :(

ALSO! How many people have played this video game?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Jackson's_Moonwalker

I used to have it for the Sega Genesis back in the day. (whatever happened to my Genesis I wonder?)  Its a pretty good game.

silly tidbit: In the June 2007 issue of Game Informer magazine, Michael Jackson's Moonwalker was number 8 on the "Top 10 Worst Licensed Game Ideas (ever)" in the Connect section but Gamespot added Moonwalker into the Hall of Greatest Games of all time.

btw:
* squishy_ichigo np: Smooth Criminal - Michael Jackson (4:17)
:3

Phazar

Earlier today, MetConst reached 1337 status on our forums:

Quote from: #metconst* interdpth (interpth@adsl-248-120-107.btr.bellsouth.net) has joined #metconst
<@HelloBot> Hello, interdpth ! ^.^
<interdpth> HEY
<interdpth> HEY
<interdpth> HEY
<interdpth> Forum Stats        1,337 Posts in 93 Topics by 47 Members. Latest Member:  Reaper901
<interdpth> OMG
<interdpth> AWESOME
<@Admiral_Kennon> Nice to see you back inter
<@Zhs2> Yes
<DChronos> posts must stop now, we've reached 1337
* @Admiral_Kennon makes more samus gun sprites
<DChronos> 1337 status
<@Admiral_Kennon> oh my god lol
<person701|Spriting> take a screeny
<@Admiral_Kennon> yes
<interdpth> THOUGHT I SHOULD SAY SOEMTHING
<Phazar> lol 1337 posts
<@Zhs2> Lock every board, no one may ever post again to preserve this perfection
<Phazar> I just took a screenshot of that
<@Zhs2> Same here
<@Zhs2> 1337.png
<@Zhs2> Because PNGs rock

Lunaria

I made post 1338 with out knowing.
Sorry guys! :<
* Crys runs

Zhs2

Eww, what a crappy compression on screenie, Phazar. >_<

This is a proper screencap!

It's okay, Crys. We forgive you. :>