News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunaria

Quietus

So, I'm no longer in my twenties, but do I feel any different?  Not really.  I'll grow up at some point - I promise. :^_^:

Silver Skree

Quote from: Quietus on July 01, 2010, 06:46:37 AM
So, I'm no longer in my twenties, but do I feel any different?  Not really.  I'll grow up at some point - I promise. :^_^:
I've thought you were some 14-16 all this time. You're 30? Shit.

Daltone

Happy Canada day fellas :)

Quietus

Quote from: Silver Skree on July 01, 2010, 09:51:10 AMI've thought you were some 14-16 all this time. You're 30? Shit.
Any particular reason, or is it just an assumption thing?  Just curious. :^_^:

Silver Skree

Quote from: Quietus on July 01, 2010, 11:11:59 AM
Quote from: Silver Skree on July 01, 2010, 09:51:10 AMI've thought you were some 14-16 all this time. You're 30? Shit.
Any particular reason, or is it just an assumption thing?  Just curious. :^_^:
You just act young, I think.

Not to be confused with immature.  :heheh:

Zhs2

Quietus has mentioned having a wife before - iirc this was way, way back when we were all kiddies (SQUEEGOWORDSTEAL) bumpin' about on M2k2 and posting any sort of topic that came to mind. Something about putting empty toilet paper rolls on one's shoulders and pretending they were a Revenant? :wink:

In any sort of case, It's always dangerous to assume, for assuming causes disappointment!

Quietus

I don't mind at all.  I guess it's one of the many wonderful things about the net, being that almost all barriers (in this case age) are gone, as long as you choose to play nice. :yay:

And yeah, my wife is still tolerating me. :heheh:  We've been together 14 years. (Awww...)

squishy_ichigo

Perhaps this is why you choose not to hang out with us younger folk on irc? :P

Phazar

I just saw Toy Story 3 tonight with some friends.  It really feels like I'm a kid again, growing up with the first two movies and now seeing this one so many years later.

squishy_ichigo

So a few days ago, I finally decided to sit down and watch Deathnote.  The first episode was bleh, but then it got really interesting.

[spoiler]I especially loved the early episodes leading up to when Light gave up his Deathnote the first time.  After that, it wasn't as good, but still worth watching.  The last few episodes were great as well.... I really hated how it ended though. :<[/spoiler]

Misa was easily my favorite character with L coming in second.  Great main characters, but I hated the sub characters.... really boring imho.

zephyrtronium

I did not like Deathnote. Maybe because I watched it right after finishing Code Geass.

Quietus

Death Note was great.  I haven't enjoyed any anime as much since watching it.  Also, Amane Misa is the woman of my dreams.

Silver Skree

Just got finished rewatching Transformers Armada, one show I watched religiously from my childhood. Even if it was rather cheezy, especially at the beginning, I gotta say it was really, really epic. Consider me a serious transformers fan, I guess.

Also, best episode in Armada?

[spoiler=Actually a pretty big spoiler. If you're gonna watch, plz2notclick.]

Episode 48, when Starscream dies. He was my second favorite charachter. :(

That episode also had the best shot of Alexis, or any human featured in the show, for that matter.
[/spoiler]

The only thing I have to complain about is that the english voice acting could have been done better, and they could have been more consistent/clear about some of the things that showed up/happened near the end.

Silver Skree

Pardon the double post, but I'll be going upstate this weekend to visit family and won't be back until Tuesday. Internet capability is questionable at best.

Crashtour99

So, about a month ago I got fired, which as some of you may know, in this economy is very not good.  With unemployment rates realistically well into the double digits jobs are extremely hard to find atm, especially when you consider that most employers who are looking to hire are only looking at those already employed.

However a bit of good news.  Through inaction and laziness on both my part and my former employers, my unemployment claim was allowed, thus giving me the chance to get my online business idea off the ground in the next few months.  If all works out like I hope, in the near future I'll be making enough money on my own to quit unemployment.

squishy_ichigo

Quote from: Quietus on July 02, 2010, 06:17:11 AM
Also, Amane Misa is the woman of my dreams.

I hear that!

Samus-Aran

http://tmkc.cafegaming.fr/ the machinimas are so funny watch them do it you might like it

Zhs2

Today is Aile's birthday. If nothing else, I at least ask for a complimentary cake from squishy! More cake is always good!

personitis

Where has Alie been? ='(

squishy_ichigo

Totally read that post this morning, then forgot to bake a cake.... >_<

Sorry about the timing Aile, but you still get your cake! ^o^;

Silver Skree

Happy belated birthday, Aile.

In other news, I'm back home at last and all my equipment is replaced and everything is back to normal. YAAAAAY.

I love going upstate to see awesome family as much as the next guy, but sometimes you just want to chill at home.  :heheh:

squishy_ichigo

Happy BDay Black Falcon! :3

X-tradyte

Of course, Strawberry's XD  I like strawberrys too. Just not fetishy over them. Also Happy B-day BF!  :awesome:

gunnargumpert

oh sorry

Happy Birthday!!