News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

siddhartha__

I applied online for 4 internship positions at BASF and got 3 rejections. They were all the same rejection letter, obviously. So I applied online again. To the same positions.

I wonder if I bother them enough, they'll actually read my application.

Dark-SA-X

Why not pick up the phone and ask human resources directly or speak to their managment during their lunch break ?
Also since its a chemical plant do you meet their minimal requirements and qualifications to work as an employee ?

Zero One

Went to NERG (North East Retro Gaming) today and whoops I spent £155. Got an original Gameboy, A Link to the Past, Metroid and Mega Man II on the NES!

Unfortunately, after testing Metroid, the 72-pin connector in my NES broke, so I have no idea if Mega Man II works or not. Replacement connector on the way!

Kazuto

I got excited when you said North East, then realized you're across the pond when I saw pounds.  =P

Fun story!  As a kid, I broke my original Gameboy playing Link's Awakening.  I was getting really mad at something in it (trendy game, maybe?) and smacked it against my forehead.  That's when I learned the screen wasn't plastic, because it cracked just like a smartphone does these days.  Sad times were had after that.

Zero One

I've got a decent pile of Gameboy games, including both the original and DX versions of Link's Awakening. One of my favourite Zeldas.

Steel Sparkle

That's pretty sweet Zero. I used to own an original SNES along with Super Metroid and DKC but my younger brother traded them off without my knowledge and now they are gone for good. This happend some time ago though. That memory still leaves a sore spot.

Anyone hyped for AM2R coming out soon(hopefully)? I can't wait for that last pot saying it's out :3

Kazuto

Steel, I have all of my SNES games, but my mom threw away my SNES around the N64 days because my cousin broke the pin for the RF connector on the back.  At the time, we weren't aware of the plastic A/V connector on the system, so she just figured it was broken and got rid of it.  =(

Steel Sparkle

Damn that sucks. sorry to hear that.

Kazuto

Haha, it's alright.  Easier to replace the system than all the games!  I just need to actually go ahead and get one one of these days... or learn how to build a replica.  ;)

The Monster of Surrealton

Windows 10 finally forced it's way onto my computer. I like the return of the taskbar. Trying to get Cortana off the taskbar, though.

EDIT: Got Cortana off. Now about these security issues I've heard about...

Grimlock

Happy 4th to my fellow red, white, and bluers out there  :cool:

Quietus

So, I have returned from my holiday in Sherwood Forest. Our accommodation was one step removed from wiping your arse on leaves, but the forest itself was beautiful. Archery was fun, and Nottingham Castle looks nothing like a castle, but its museum did have some cool artwork inside, so it was a mixed bag. Would I go again? Sherwood. :oh:

Dark-SA-X

Quote from: Zero One on July 02, 2016, 10:57:36 AM

Went to NERG (North East Retro Gaming) today and whoops I spent £155. Got an original Gameboy, A Link to the Past, Metroid and Mega Man II on the NES!

Unfortunately, after testing Metroid, the 72-pin connector in my NES broke, so I have no idea if Mega Man II works or not. Replacement connector on the way!

Make sure you get some good lighting on that old gameboy, never forget how frustrating it was too play at night or dim lighted area.
Try to find this over in your area, it should prevent accidental batterie leaks once its warn out.
http://www.duracelldirect.co.uk/pno/bun0081a.html

Had a brilliantly epic damn saturday, my old craftsmen lawn mower wouldn't crank for shit.
Spent 100.00 bucks to get it fixed for nothing 2 months ago worked like a boss for 4 years. :/
Hopefully that will work for the time being till I can get a better gas lawn mower next year.
Heard its real good but we'll see if it can mow down a big yard. >_>
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1088/6500/products/MJ401E_profile.jpeg?v=1454780716

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51StIf6TG5L._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Zero One

Bit late, but I went back to NERG the next day and managed to not spend over £100. I did, however, pick up Super Mario World and Zelda II!

I also went and graduated yesterday, so I'm now officially a BSc!

Kazuto

Congratulations, Zero One!  =D

Dark-SA-X

Zero take the smw cart back and get another one that doesn't have a ripped label or the cart itself is a wreck.
If your going to keep it for a LOOONG time and display it atleast make it look good

Zero One

Can't really take it back because the stall isn't there any more and probably won't be until next year. I'm not that bothered about the tear because I've never been that interested in SMW. It's just one of those SNES games you should have.

Firebrand

Windows 10 managed to sneak on my computer aswell. Don't mind it as much as I thought I would, but got a problem now where every now and then my computer is suuuuper slow when I boot it up. After restarting it the problem is gone, but it sucks having to restart the pc every now and then even though I just put it on. Anyone else got the same issue? Think it has to do something with my WLAN, because when I deactivate it the computer is fast again.

The Monster of Surrealton

Quote from: Firebrand on July 06, 2016, 12:17:25 PM
Windows 10 managed to sneak on my computer aswell. Don't mind it as much as I thought I would, but got a problem now where every now and then my computer is suuuuper slow when I boot it up. After restarting it the problem is gone, but it sucks having to restart the pc every now and then even though I just put it on. Anyone else got the same issue? Think it has to do something with my WLAN, because when I deactivate it the computer is fast again.

Haven't had that problem. Mine seems to start up slightly faster than it did with 8.

Quietus

Windows 10 seems all right now that I'm used to it. One thing I will say is never ask Cortana to tell you she loves you. Disappointment follows. :sad:

Firebrand

Quote from: The Monster of Surrealton on July 06, 2016, 01:39:17 PM

Haven't had that problem. Mine seems to start up slightly faster than it did with 8.

Maybe there went something wrong with the installation. Gonna try to use the "install windows 10 again" function.

And yeah, Cortana is pretty direct there... But shes working on it  :wink:

snarfblam

Don't mind it as much as I thought I would, but got a problem now where every now and then my computer is suuuuper slow when I boot it up.

I've had an issue since Windows 8 where if I put my computer to sleep, upon waking the SSD becomes extremely slow until I reboot.

Firebrand

Quote from: snarfblam on July 06, 2016, 05:37:37 PM
Don't mind it as much as I thought I would, but got a problem now where every now and then my computer is suuuuper slow when I boot it up.

I've had an issue since Windows 8 where if I put my computer to sleep, upon waking the SSD becomes extremely slow until I reboot.

Got myself a SSD too, maybe it has something to do with that. But like I said, gonna try the "repair broken files and install again" option. Maybe this will help

Dynastyx

My GPU melted a few days ago, had to switch to on-board graphics :|

Can't run any games anymore... except emulators that is! Time to finish all those hacks I never got to finish while I shop for a new card  :^_^: