News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snarfblam

I've done a pretty good job of systematically removing ads from my life. I watch Netflix, Amazon Prime, and whatever happens to be on YouTube, and still manage to watch pretty much everything I'm interested in.

Anyways, always been a fan of mythbusters, especially in the original format of the show, but I haven't watched it in quite some time.

PKstarship

I discovered that on Hulu Plus, the Cartoon Network daytime stuff (not Adult Swin though) has no ads, because the shows are considered to be "kid's shows". I love binge-watching Adventure Time and Steven Universe with no ads :yay:

Steel Sparkle

Quote from: Quietus on December 23, 2015, 06:46:28 PM
I can't say I am, but then I don't really watch any TV. This is primarily due to two things: Ads, and the waffle to content ratio being about 20:1. :^_^:
Fair enough. That talk of waffles though.. god i miss living in the south.. Waffle houses. WE HAVE NO WAFFLE HOUSES!  :cry:

Quietus

Yeah, waffles are good, especially smothered with maple syrup or chocolate sauce. :^_^:

Zero One

Scooterboot9697

I saw Star Wars: The Force Awakens with my brother today...
There are no words to be said (and no spoilers)... :bounce:

But I will say that it was awesome, as well as worth the money spent on the ticket. :colonrightv:

Quietus

Yeah, I think it's been a pleasant surprise for a lot of fans, let alone others. I'm seeing it with my dad on New Year's eve. :^_^:

Also, thanks for the festive wishes Digital_Mantra Claus. I hope everybody has a great Christmas. :cheers:

Grimlock

Mon732

Quote from: Grimlock on December 25, 2015, 05:21:21 AM
Merry Xmas  :grin:

Merry Christmas!

I got some light reading. :D
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Quietus

Hehe, it reminds me of when I got the latest Walking Dead compendium. It was two evenings of blitz reading. :grin:

PKstarship

Merry Christmas!

I got a hooded sweatshirt, a ton of candy, and 25$ gift cards for Subway, Walmart, and AMC for Christmas! My parents said that taking me to Star Wars yesterday was a Christmas present too. I guess I got a lot of cool stuff this year :^_^:

Digital_Mantra

Quote from: Mon732 on December 25, 2015, 07:47:28 AM
I got some light reading. :D
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Great manga! On a related note, got this:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Jordan5

Nice Mon and DMan! I got gifted Axiom Verge today on steam, so I'm pretty excited to play that :grin:

Grimlock

Quote from: Jordan5 on December 25, 2015, 08:31:23 PM
Nice Mon and DMan! I got gifted Axiom Verge today on steam, so I'm pretty excited to play that :grin:

I've had it for a while but lacked a decent controller, the keyboard didn't cut it for me.  Now as of earlier today I've got the Steam controller so maybe I'll be able to finally give the game the attention that it deserves.  Probably won't start playing until some time in January though.

Cpt.Glitch

Getting Wifi Monday. Then I'll fix my PC and I can race and hack once more.

Quietus

If you manage them both at the same time, I'll be well impressed. :^_^:

Mon732

New race idea, speed hacking!

personitis

Quote from: Mon732 on December 27, 2015, 07:42:15 AM
speed hacking!
I would like to refer you to the forum's contest section.

Cpt.Glitch

Ordered a new charger. I will have it by January 6th. Truly these are glorious times.

Cloud20

Happy New Year 2016 to everybody :D little bit early

PKstarship

Happy New Years!

I am in a great mood today. I am going to be helping one of my favorite Sonic The Hedgehog hackers by helping him gather level completion data so he can make his new release better. Basically, all I have to do is play the hack fully and give level completion times and end of level ring counts :grin: I'm always happy when I can help people with their hacks, even if I completely suck at hacking myself.

personitis

I 'll likely be around but too busy to mention it, but Happy New Year. Though my random prediction for Aegis being released earlier this year didn't work out (LOL), it was awesome to see some really huge hacks and a couple contests get finished. Hopefully next year there are more great hacks and that the beta site gets officiated as the main site before 2017. :bounce:

Vismund Cygnus

Happy 2016 to all you guys and gals. May your year be full of fun, excitement, and plenty of brand new hacks to play.  :^_^:
and maybe even some other things, if all goes to plan

SpoOkyMagician

One more year closer to Fear. :razz:

But seriously, happy new year. :)

~ SpoOkyMagician