News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jiffy

So... I've gotten a job!
For a 15 year old, that's pretty good. £4 an hour, and I'll be working 5-8 hours on a Saturday. The bus only costs £3-4 for a return ticket (work and back) so I'll be making between £16 and £28 a week, depending how many hours I can cram into 1 day.
The job's a small pot washing job which seems like nothing, but it's still a first job.
Wish me luck in the workplace guys! I probably won't be hacking for a long while. I won't specify.
But maybe I'll return, who knows.
e: Of course I'll finish Arrival and of course I'll be lurking a little.  :eyeroll:

thedopefish

Gotta start somewhere.  Grats jiffy--try not to blow all the money on blackjack and hookers.

Jiffy

Quote from: thedopefish on October 21, 2015, 02:41:18 PM
Gotta start somewhere.  Grats jiffy--try not to blow all the money on blackjack and hookers.
I guess we'll see about that...  :nuhuh:

siddhartha__

grats jefe, even though 4 pounds an hour sounds like slave work to me.  :=x: also i would suggest buying condoms if you're going to spend the money that way.  :razz:

Jiffy

Quote from: charles_black on October 21, 2015, 03:18:13 PM
grats jefe, even though 4 pounds an hour sounds like slave work to me.  :=x: also i would suggest buying condoms if you're going to spend the money that way.  :razz:
The minimum wage for <18 is £3.50, so actually it's pretty good.  :cool:

Meeptroid

Good job Jefe! Always great to get a job I suppose, but, then again, what do I know, I'm 12 (13 in February) but, 4 pounds an hour doesn't sound bad. BE SURE NOT TO SPEND IT ON CONDOMS, or anything like that, your still underage :heheh: :razz:

Quietus

That's great news, Jefe! :^_^:

Like thedopefish said:
QuoteDon't do jack except get blown by black hookers for money.

Jordan5

Quote from: charles_black on October 21, 2015, 03:18:13 PM
i would suggest buying condoms if you're going to spend the money that way.  :razz:

There's always a way to get them free over here so don't waste your money! :P

Anyway, nice one Jiffy! In a year or two have a look at working in a supermarket alongside school/college as they always have jobs going, have low requirements and pay ~£7 an hour :^_^:

Quietus

I hope everybody had a good Halloween. Here's my attempt at a pumpkin for this year:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
:^_^:

PKstarship

So, about five days ago I started watching Steven Universe. A guy I was friends with on Pokémon Showdown recommended it to me, and I fell in love with it. After around 5 days of binge-watching it I'm almost caught up. So far I really love Garnet the best, she is just 100% bad-ass.

The same guy also recommended I watch Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World, and it was AMAZING. That movie hit me with nostalgia so hard and I loved every second of it. I particularly love the fight they have with Roxie, it was just awesome!

I guess I'm starting to expand the amount of stuff I like. I guess that's somewhat important :^_^:

Meeptroid

Always good, I just recently am getting a little bit into anime myself, and its something that makes me feel kinda weird, but I like it, so there's that. Let this be a good rule to everyone, TRY NEW THINGS!

FullOfFail

I am excited for Fallout 4. That is all. Goodnight.

Quietus

I am sooo tempted by it, but I also feel like I should give it a year, and get it with all content. That, and I still have bajillions of other games to get through. :neutral:

Jordan5

I'm with Quietus. I have a discount code for 25% off the pre-order price but I have New Vegas with all the content unplayed, as well as about 50% of my Steam library so I may as well wait for a sale or something.

Vismund Cygnus

As much as I loved (and still love) Skyrim (the 104 hours my profile displays is closer to 500 in reality), and Oblivion before it (I probably sank a good 400 hours into that game), and Fallout 3, with all the recent terrible PC ports, I'm very much inclined to wait a while for some real feedback before buying it. Maybe for Christmas when it inevitably goes on sale.  :^_^:

Zero One

I'm buying it as soon as I wake up tomorrow morning. I'm inclined to trust Bethesda here. Though, I won't be able to play it for many hours, by which time people'll have likely written reviews, so if any shit crops up, I'll hear about it before I play it and I'll be able to get a refund if I'm not happy.

Smiley

I played Fallout 1 for less than an hour before I got bored with it. I played Fallout 2 for less than an hour before I got bored with it. I played New Vegas for less than an hour before I got bored with it. I never bought Fallout 3 and won't buy Fallout 4 either.

Quietus

I never played the first two, but I played three to death. I can see why so many drop it early on, however, since it's got an initial hurdle, where you can't hit anything when you shoot, and you die in a few hits from anything stronger than a gnat. Once you're over that hurdle, it's great. Skyrim didn't seem to struggle with it so much.

Zero One

Never touched 1 or 2, loved 3, thought New Vegas was crap. 3 definitely seems to be where the series peaked. Hoping 4 is another peak.

Xenesis

Fallout 1/2 are completely different games to 3/NV really.

I did splurge for NV for tenbux, because I hadn't played any fallout since FO2 was actually a thing.

Digital_Mantra

Yeah these new games are looking really good. Might be time for me to jump in.
I was contemplating whether to get a PS4, XboxOne or new computer.
So I got a Wii U instead to make mario levels while I think on it.

SlyPork

I know I'm a little late to the fanbase, but I've been watching Markiplier videos lately on YouTube and after watching some of his vlogs and YouTube videos, I'm instantly hooked. I never realized just how much I connected with him and how inspiring he is and can be. He's single-handedly given me the motivation to get back into streaming and doing my best to help the homeless.

Not only that, but he's inspired me to believe in myself and to accept myself for who I am. I know no one on here knows me in person but I have always struggled with who I am as a person, how I want to be seen by others, who I want to be in this life, and what I want to do with the life I have been given. I hope to excel at my art and I will do my best to keep updated on my streams, youtube, and twitter and move forward with my life as a creative individual.

[spoiler]Regardless of what I may say on IRC  :grin:

[spoiler]And still make a boss-ass hack somewhere in the process  :wink: :cool:[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Quietus

> Wants to get on with a fulfilling life.
> Wants to keep up-to-date on Youtube, streams, and Twitter.

One could be made much easier without the other.
[spoiler]And it's not the updates. :heheh:[/spoiler]

Jordan5

Quote from: Digital_Mantra on November 10, 2015, 05:15:35 AM
Yeah these new games are looking really good. Might be time for me to jump in.
I was contemplating whether to get a PS4, XboxOne or new computer.
So I got a Wii U instead to make mario levels while I think on it.

As someone who has recently got into PC gaming I would say if you can afford it then a PC would be best. Although if not, a PS4 is pretty great for a fraction of the cost :grin:

Quietus

Quote from: Jordan5 on November 10, 2015, 10:46:41 AMAs someone who has recently got into PC gaming I would say if you can afford it then a PC would be best.
And then you can truly start building up a backlog to never play. My Steam account alone currently sits at 2,132 games. I'm never going to get through it, especially not at my rate of finishing games. :lol: