News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quietus

I've used an app a few times to take screenshots, mainly for any silly achievements in Star Realms. :^_^:

Hawntah

Why use an app when you can just hold the volume down button and the power button simultaneously?

Quietus

snarfblam

Quote from: Hawntah on October 01, 2015, 06:55:47 AM
Why use an app when you can just hold the volume down button and the power button simultaneously?
I've had at least a couple android devices that didn't take screenshots properly (one of them it worked inconsistently and the other not at all).

PKstarship

So, around a week ago I finally found out about cleverbot, and I have been talking to it occasionally. It's kinda creepy how it is able to behave and respond like a normal human would. Soon that thing will be guiding the Terminator army against us...

On the other hand, it knows all the Team Rocket mottos, and the Pokemon theme! I like finding out what songs it knows. Still creepy though...

Quietus

I think it needs more time. The first line is mine:
QuoteWhere do you hail from?
The stars.

Care to elaborate?
No, I do not care to elaborate.

That sounds uninviting.
Good! We are now officially friends! Mind if we hug.
:^_^:

PKstarship

So, today I found out about the Pokemon Showdown website, I got in an online battle (this dumb tablet is more capable of doing stuff than I thought) And got owned by a guy who got a Tornadus.

Despite being an avid Pokemon fan, I haven't played the 3DS games, so I was wondering if anyone here knows about Mega Evolutions? I don't quite understand them, and also, my last Pokemon (a Starmie) was defeated by a Mega Gengar. I wanna be the Pokemon Master (even though I know damn well I never will be)!

TheAnonymousUser

Quote from: PKstarship on October 08, 2015, 06:35:27 PM
Despite being an avid Pokemon fan, I haven't played the 3DS games, so I was wondering if anyone here knows about Mega Evolutions? I don't quite understand them...
Bulbapedia anyone?
Put simply, a mega pokemon's base stat increases by 100 (Ampharos jumps from 510 to 610). However (there's always a however...) only one pokemon in your party can mega during a battle, said pokemon has to be fully evolved (except slowbro), and it needs it's respective mega stone as it's hold item. The link above should also tell you which pokemon are viable for mega.

Quote from: PKstarship on October 08, 2015, 06:35:27 PM
I got in an online battle And got owned by a guy who got a Tornadus.
Better start working on anti-tornadus strats then...

PKstarship

Huh, thanks! I used to think somehow that the Mega Evolutions were permanent, not that that matters. Most of the Mega Pokemon look really cool (I don't care much for Mega Gyarados though...). Anyways, thank you :^_^:

Quietus

Gengar is still my favourite pokemon. I've never really got into the deep side of training, and it's always just been about who I think looks cool, and swapping out pokemon when I get ones that look better. Nothing has topped Gengar yet. :cool:

The only drawback was that I always needed to arse about trying to trade to get him. :sad:

PKstarship

Here is the Pokemon team I made for Pokemon Showdown. It covers an large amount of move types and has some of my favorite Pokemon, mainly Zekrom, Scizor, and Infernape. (Fun fact: A guy I was watching on Twitch named his Scizor after my username)

Quietus

I always quite liked Alakazam too, but, again, bloody trading required. :stern:

TheAnonymousUser

I used to dabble in the competitive side of pokemon, but that was 'used to'...don't do it as much anymore because other shit just got in the way.

[spoiler=lawl shitty team]
Blastoise (H2O Mk III) - [Torrent] - mega stone - water spout, ice beam, earthquake, dragon pulse (may change to dark pulse)
Ampheros (Ampasand) - [Static?] - magnet - confuse ray, cotton guard (because fuck earthquake), thunderbolt, signal beam
Garchomp (Leever) - [Sand Veil] - mega stone - brick break, earthquake, outrage, sandstorm
Delphox (Firefox) - [Blaze] - charcoal - sunny day, solar beam, flamethrower, psyshock
Swalot (Kirby) - [Liquid Ooze] - sitrus berry - toxic, amnesia, belch, power-up punch
Xerneas (Xerneas) - [Fairy Aura] - power herb - geomancy, moonblast, thunderbolt, psychic

Unfortunately, swalot was just there, as a counter argument to fairies...that never got used...need to find a less sucky substitute...
[/spoiler]

PonchGaming

Can you sweep with magikarp though :cool:

PKstarship

All right, I think I perfected my team of Pokemon! Here is my slighly changed team. This team collectively has all 17 different types, so this team can be super-effective against anything. Took a while to choose the right attacks, though.

Quietus

Gyarados feels lonely because he has no limbs. :sad:

Zero One

I am back from King Con, and I got some cool shit!

Got an awesome stitchwork of inventory screen Samus from Super Metroid, and a Zero Suit Samus sticker, which probably won't get stuck to anything.

Also got this amazing Zelda 3D hologram picture!, which'll sit right next to the Samus.

I also managed to acquire the awesome 2-disc extravaganza that is Metal Gear Solid!

They also had the DeLorean from Back to the Future!

And finally, they hooked up a Wii U to a cinema screen projector and we had Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. 4 playing. Didn't work out so well. The controllers stopped working properly during MK8, so it was less of a race and more of a stumble to the finish. In Smash 4, people kept pausing the game and taking screenshots. Great idea, poor execution. However, I can't wait for King Con 2016!

Quietus

Hehe, some cool stuff there. I still have tonnes of stuff from my days working in a shop. :^_^:

Metaquarius

Cloud20

And still not hoverboard and flying cars ...

Quietus

I'm not so fussed on flying cars, but the hoverboards would be cool. On a related note, if they're flying, would they still be 'cars'? :^_^:

Vismund Cygnus

Flying planes just doesn't have the same ring to it.  :wink:

Cloud20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_R1HUnH7EA

Funny commercial for the Hoverboard.
The most funny is it's an hoverboard for little girls into the movie XD

Oh this is awesome too :  :yay:
[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl092whRLlI[/spoiler]

Cpt.Glitch

Just ordered a PC snes controller. No more keyboard limitations for me!

Quietus

Excellent. You'll be able to have a BABY in no time. :^_^: