News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malpercio

Snow is fine. Nothing that snow turns into is fine.

JAM

Quote from: Quietus on January 08, 2013, 04:34:48 PM
OK, guys 'n' gals: Bring on the mega hacks. :^_^:
Too bad... No support for (almost) 16 megabyte hack for now... Yes, these are exist

By the way, happy birthday, SMILEuser96! I'll try to make the next version soon =)

Quietus

OK, somebody explain to me how I can spend two minutes looking round my house for my glasses, only to find them on my face.  How does that even work?  How do you not realise? :nope:

Mon732

Reading that really made my day.
I've walked around thinking I had my glasses on when they weren't before, I guess you get so used to them that you don't even notice the difference.

Smiley

Oh, how often I look for a pen or a hammer only to realise I have it in my hand... :<_<:

Weterr123

The snow has become slush  :mad:

...And in other news, MetroidMST gave me a heart attack today - I clicked on Facebook (a rare occurrence) and saw this:

"So, as you are now probably aware Project Base is now finished."

He obviously meant v0.6, but at first, I was like: "BUT GRIME HAD SO MANY AWESOME PLANS, WHY SACK IT OFF?!

MetroidMst

I completely missed his post about voting being open for Top Hacks, so here is the link to go vote in case you also missed it. Just want to make sure everyone knew it is up and running. So get to it!

http://metroidconstruction.com/tophacks.php

Metaquarius

So there was a secret but official Metconst Trade Center reserved for a small elite.
The Redesign syndrome kicks in again...

Discovering new things every day  :awesome:

Zhs2

It was stupid, though. If you knew the link and the password (the name for the eye door in Super Metroid,) you pretty much had access - not to mention you can see for yourself how much progress was made. This is the last time I let Scyzer convince me to do things on the forum.

Quietus

Speaking of which, I was going to post this the other day: Can we tinker with the wording slightly?  At the moment it reads like requests either have to be reasonable, or they have to be subject to deletion, which sounds like I am allowed to make a request, as long as it's subject to deletion. :^_^:

Zhs2

It has been done a while ago. I was just too lazy to post.

BUT ON THAT NOTE, Top Hacks 2012 is up! http://metroidconstruction.com/Top12/

We also need writers for all three previous RotY entries, so if you're interested please feel free to send me a PM!

Parabox

[Spoiler=Quote from Aegis ago. It's about Mother/EarthBound.]
Quote from: Parabox on August 22, 2012, 01:03:17 PM
I'm glad to report that the Mother remake EarthBound hack is still alive and well. To those of you not in the know, it's basically EarthBound. Well, EarthBound is sort of a retelling/alternate (re)take on Mother. But there's still enough differences between them to consider playing this as soon as it comes out.

Backed up by this and this as well. They're really long reads, but if you like writing theory and game theory and all that kinda junk, give her a whirl, will you, Earl? They're really interesting. I promise. Just don't throw me foul looks when you lose two or three hours of your time reading this.

Now that this is a Mother-themed post anyway, take a gander at these latest and greatest pics from the Mother 1 remake hack here, and about Itoi possibly reviving his wonderful creation here and here. It also seems someone has dug up Mother's official casette soundtrack somewhere. It can be listened to here: [spoiler=Video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_hl1HgYRFo[/spoiler]

Daltone

Happy valentines! <3 u metconst!

Quietus

Yup, time to break out the romantic poet inside: Rape 'em, gape 'em, gaffer tape 'em. :^_^:

Cloud20

Doomsday celebration is better than Valentine's Day  :nod:

JAM

Cloud13
Yup, it was nice =)

Quote from: Zhs2 on February 11, 2013, 01:37:55 AM
It has been done a while ago. I was just too lazy to post.

BUT ON THAT NOTE, Top Hacks 2012 is up! http://metroidconstruction.com/Top12/
Phew. I didn't won in Best Challenge category but in Worst Hack category too.

FullOfFail

It would be funny to see someone do a TAS of black-out :P

Quietus

You could probably just load the current WR TAS, since the rooms haven't been altered, so the input would be identical.

Parabox

Quietus

Scyzer

I'm leaving for a little while. Could be a month, could be a year. Havent really planned how long I'll be away yet. I'll probably still pop into the forum sometimes maybe if I get a chance.

I might still release RF, if I work on it to finish up a few more things. It's easily usable, but is still missing a few very important things.  Seraphim, as of now, is "complete", but dead. I need to finish PLMs and a few more bits of asm, but I don't care enough to bother anymore with it. Maybe later when I come back.

If you are for some reason sad to see me go because of something like "oh now how will I asm?" well... I am not a vending maching. Go do it yourself.

And with that, I away. Byes.

ProjectXVIII

I will miss you, BSBFF. ;_;

Crashtour99

I'll certainly miss you Scyzer.  Your presence always livened up IRC.  I'm sure we'll still be around when you decide to come back.  Until then, have fun.

FullOfFail

....Bye, Sadi :(

I really hope you'll reconsider, but I'll respect any decision you make, even if I really don't want to accept it as reality :(

JAM

Bye, Sadi... Take a rest and return when you'd like to. We love you. And yes, I'm sad, but I don't want something from you. Just because.

Quote from: Quietus on February 15, 2013, 07:04:30 AM
You could probably just load the current WR TAS, since the rooms haven't been altered, so the input would be identical.
Yes, I haven't altered them. So WR movie played on Blackout hack is possible =)

And now, it's our turn to have a Phazon in our backyards
http://www.space.com/19807-raw-video-meteorite-crash-in-russia-sparks-panic.html