News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zhs2

Lots of stuff happened today. I woke up, it rained, we didn't end up going to work, I proofread 2 entire chapters of Azaron for release (Chapter 10 should be due in tomorrow...) and that's about it.

I do keep talking about Azaron, don't I? >.> <.<

RealRed

Happy birthday, BigGayCell ! ^.^
Now you get a #metconst birthday cake; One with STRAWBERRIES ON IT!

... wait. where'd that one slice go? wtf?
* Bloodsonic goes to find squishy ichigo

Lunaria

* Crys takes another slice while Bloodsonic is away

WooooOOoooOo, enjoy the day BGC!

GF_Kennon

* GF_Kennon nabs a cake slice

HAPPY BDAY BGC!!!!      :icon_biggrin:

Have a good one today ^-^

Big Gay Cell

Hey, thanks everyone!  I have had plenty to drink, and now it's time for bed.  Lol.  ;)

Digital_Mantra

So, on top of being diagnosed with psychosis, bi-polar, schizo effective, and asperger's syndrome over the past several years, I was diagnosed with 2 new disorders yesterday. Seasonal Affective Disorder and Reverse Seasonal Affective Disorder, meaning that not only do I get mentally unstable in the winter, but also in the summer. I really hope that's the end of the list, because they're still trying to treat all my other disorders, and haven't been able to do so for the past 7 years. Recently, my newest medication has stopped working altogether (clonazepam), and as for anti-psychotics, well, those never worked. They just made shit worse.

So, to those of you who may have mental disorders, what are your thoughts on pharmacology in general? I see it as a pile of dinosaur shit, not yet refined and studied enough to be permanently effective on patients. I feel like a guinea pig being tested on with all new medications they toss out yearly. I've been on several medications that now have lawsuits against them. How is that suppose to make me feel? Well first off, fuck yeah entitled to some money, but for the most part, my brain is being tested on with shit that could be destroying it. Just needed to get this off my chest, err mind.

DSO

As far as mental disorders, we know very little about how the human brain works. I know people who've been put on stuff for seasonal affective disorder, schizophrenia, ect. and it's never made them better, at best it just traded one problem for another. Also, the only reason I haven't been diagnosed with something is probably because I'm so stubborn about not going to a doctor :P

I'm not a medical expert and I'm not saying that chemicals cannot help some people, but I don't believe that we know enough about the brain to say "Taking X amount of Y chemical per day will take the edge off your depression." I'm finding myself asking "What exactly causes depression?" and the answer is there ary many things that cause depression. The doctor's solution, chemical Y, would only work if the cause of depression was because the patient's problem was caused by a lack of chemical Y. What if it was stress from work that was the problem instead? The best case scenario in that case is that chemical Y masks the symptoms. It's quite possible it ends up making things worse instead. More towards the actual question, "what are your thoughts on pharmacology in general?" this sums up my thoughts.

A system driven by profit would sooner sell 10 ineffective drugs than 1 cure.

snarfblam

Quote from: Metroid Constructionsnarfblam, come back to uuuuuuuus :<
um... hi?

GF_Kennon

Quote from: snarfblam on July 25, 2009, 06:09:02 PM
Quote from: Metroid Constructionsnarfblam, come back to uuuuuuuus :<
um... hi?

HE HAS BEEN REVIVED

...We missed you ;~;

Big Gay Cell

Holy crap, its snarfblam!

snarfblam

Didn't know i was a person of interest.

RealRed

What's going on, man? Did you forget all the good times we had together?

Okay, I don't know what's up with these guys, but this isn't the place to keep bothering him. Leave him alone ;)

On that note:
Today, I suffered mouth pain. also, I have pizza. ^___^

Digital_Mantra

Alright folks, I'd just like to clear a few things up. I feel the need to say it somewhere within the hacking community.

The reason Eris is being released July 31st is because I will no longer have internet thereafter, due to housing/financial/medical issues.
So when I release and then disappear, don't take it the wrong way. I'm not ditching you guys or anything.

I'll be back at some point when certain issues in my life are mediated or hopefully resolved,
excited to catch up with my friends here and play all the new hacks likely to be out when I return.

RealRed

Aww, that really sucks, Dman. I wish you luck with getting things back into order. :(

So, today I had to go back to the oral surgeon to check out a problem; One of my holes from getting my wisdom teeth removed wasn't healing correctly, and apparently, there was a closed off socket preventing healing, and putting me in a world of pain. Now I've got bad tasting medicine in my mouth, and now I feel so much better ^___^

tl;dr yesterday shitsux'd. Today I am better.

Big Gay Cell

Good luck with things, Mant.  See you when you make your glorious return! 

I'm going to have my wisdom teeth removed soon, too, BS.  From what I hear, it sucks, especially if you're getting all four removed like me.  :/

Zhs2

Quote from: Big Gay CellI'm going to have my wisdom teeth removed soon, too, BS.  From what I hear, it sucks, especially if you're getting all four removed like me.  :/
I had three removed. Shit was still painful. :X

Sorry to hear it, DMantra. I hope you can get back on your feet soon, and we all wish you the best of luck!

GF_Kennon

Missing DMan already.

also today, after doing nothing much, my laptops heat temp spiked to 101C

squishy_ichigo

Yeah... so my antivirus stuff isn't work at all and I have no clue why.  So I have to limit myself on the sites I can goto until its running again. Sucks.

Aug 05 01:23:28 <UnDeaDreD> anyone other than me think this nick is fraking amazing?
Aug 05 01:23:40 <uNsane> whos amazing?
Aug 05 01:23:47 <uNsane> is she hot?
Aug 05 01:24:01 <UnDeaDreD> JDDD typo'd earlier "unheadered" became "undeadred"
Aug 05 01:24:13 <Card> I don't think I'm familiar with you UnDeadreD
Aug 05 01:24:16 <UnDeaDreD> so I Capped a few of them to make UDDD
Aug 05 01:24:17 <uNsane> i do
Aug 05 01:24:27 * UnDeaDreD is squishy ;)
Aug 05 01:24:29 <uNsane> UnDeaDreD==squigo
Aug 05 01:24:34 <Card> wait. what!?
Aug 05 01:24:37 <UnDeaDreD> XD
Aug 05 01:24:48 <Card> it all makes sense now
Aug 05 01:24:55 <UnDeaDreD> so JDDD gave me the Idea for UDDD
Aug 05 01:25:04 <UnDeaDreD> a silly new nickname ^_^

Yeah, so I've got a new little nickname for irc! :3  UnDeaDreD FTW!

GF_Kennon

--> Drac (Mibbit@cpe-72-224-51-2.nycap.res.rr.com) has joined #metconst
<Drac> yaawn
<Drac> ...okay! 9:30, no one's alive at...wherever everyone else is at. Hm. *makes a note of this*
<-- Drac has quit (Quit: Client Exited)
<GF_Kennon> DAMN IT
* GF_Kennon puts his assault rifle to his head and fires
--- You have been kicked from #metconst by GF_Kennon (BANG)

DAMN IT, Im awake at that time, i was just busy with hacking

also on a side note yesterday i was invaded by flies and wasps, but unlike zozo i went out and got RAID, i killed them all  :icon_silent:

Phazar

I just got my new iPod nano today.  I have already transfered all my music over from the iPod Shuffle that will now become my little brother's.  But now I have 8GB of space, while my Shuffle was running out of room!

Silver Skree

I say we should have the ASS or CAKE mini-meme in the quote box up top.

"ASS or CAKE. Take your pick."

GF_Kennon

Quote from: Silver Skree on August 05, 2009, 10:25:25 PM
"ASS or CAKE. Take your pick."

What would you pick though  :icon_silent:

Big Gay Cell

Can I have a cake shaped like an ass? :)

Zhs2

I say we ban the lot of you and call it peachy! ;o

Also I spend way too much time on IRC to post here these days. Much easier to type a single line and press enter than type a bunch of words and click post!

Anyway. My parents went to the campground for the weekend, and we had a lot of free time on the computers. That's not to say we didn't keep the house clean, though. :)

GF_Kennon

Its a zombie invasion, what do you do

This is what i do

Got to love Annihilator's

[attachment deleted by admin]