News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

X-tradyte

Quote from: chyrak on August 02, 2012, 03:12:12 PM
That sucks dude.

if you're talking about the hacking, yes, it does suck. But in regards to Skype, I just never bothered to download it or anything. Never intrigued me. But I will however be getting it rather soon. When I get the money for long distance calls, y'see. I'm 15, so I'll probably be getting a part-time job for experience around now. Probably the end of August.

Malpercio

Parabox

So apparently F-ZERO is the spiritual sequel to Mach Rider.

Parabox

Quietus

Yeah, I read about that a few days ago.  Looking forward to IP Freeley with the drunk missiles. :^_^:

Also, ruff, ruff, ruff, ruff, arrrooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Zhs2

I think we need more small developers like this to let us know our dreams actually do come true. Most of the things outlined in the article just seem too good to be true for all of the big money companies following the modern gaming initiative.

Quote58

Just beat this awesome flash game.
http://armorgames.com/play/13662/give-up
So fun :D

First try was around 45 minutes to an hour long with about 250 deaths.
Second was about 15 to 20 minutes with something like 255 deaths.

Btw, the game's creator has a vid on youtube of himself playing it. He actually can't finish it, quits at around level 30.

Malpercio

Quietus

'Avatar' always reminds me of the badass Eldar god, from Warhammer 40K. :cool:

personitis

Quote from: Shadow96 on August 09, 2012, 11:34:58 PM
Just beat this awesome flash game.
http://armorgames.com/play/13662/give-up
So fun :D
Floor 27
277 Deaths
30-ish minutes. I shall continue (or restart) my progress another day. Beast game though. I love me a challenge. :twisted:

Zhs2

It was too easy. Cleared the entire game in that same timeframe. Floor 33 was literally the hardest one, and from then on it was smooth sailing.

X-tradyte

Lol, it started pissing me off around floor 26.

But I got to Floor 31 and gave up, with 90 deaths in like, 13 minutes I think it was. 13:34 I believe it said.

Lasers pissed me off the most, plus those fucking unexpected gunshots when you were only paying attention to the laser beams. Pissed me off. Haha.

Parabox

So today I was researching Secret of Evermore and found out that FuSoYa had made a 2 player patch. I also found out he made a font improvement patch for Secret of Mana, which is very nice.

Quietus

Hehe, three and twelve years old respectively. :wink:

No matter, they're both great.  I've had the two-player patch for what feels like ever.  It was a massive find for me, as my friend and I had been caning Secret of Mana back in the day, with max levels on everything, all of the best equipment, etc., and were really lookoing forward to Evermore.  We got it home, and found it was only single player, and we were gutted. :sad:

Parabox

BLOOD LIVES... AGAIN
I'm so fucking excited for this because Blood is probably my #2 fav FPS and definitely one of my favorite games of all time.

Quietus

Hehe.  Guns akimbo, baby. :^_^:

squishy_ichigo

[spoiler=look what I did][/spoiler]

complete accident, was trying to do something COMPLETELY different

Silver Skree

Metroid Construction - Some assembly required.

Should totally be added to that thing up top.

X-tradyte

Quote from: Silver Skree on August 20, 2012, 12:36:26 AM
Metroid Construction - Some assembly required.

Should totally be added to that thing up top.

Hmm...what about
Metroid Construction - Hacking takes Aegis

I don't know, all I can come up with. :P
Don't have too, just an idea.

A_red_monk_called_Key

i thought that hack was dead.

Zero One

That's probably the joke right there, bud.

X-tradyte

Quote from: Zero One on August 20, 2012, 03:48:42 PM
That's probably the joke right there, bud.
Lol, Yes. That was part joke but true in it's own.

Aegis isn't dead. Acheron is just going through stuff....just...stuff.

Quietus

Stuff being real life, of course.

Parabox

I'm glad to report that the Mother remake EarthBound hack is still alive and well. To those of you not in the know, it's basically EarthBound. Well, EarthBound is sort of a retelling/alternate (re)take on Mother. But there's still enough differences between them to consider playing this as soon as it comes out.

Zhs2

All the fun of getting fucked by asthma - now in 16-bit flavor!

No but seriously, the rolling HP bar is going to be one of the best features Mother never had. It will be great.