News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid: TS-570 (working title)

Started by alexman25, June 01, 2019, 11:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexman25

Metroid: TS-570 (working title)

This is a new hack I'm working on. It's gonna be short and sweet. It started out as a remake of my old hack, Vermifugal, but now it has become it's own thing.

Story
[spoiler]On her way back from a bounty she had recently taken care of, Samus is making a fly through the TS-0 star system. She's flying near the very edge, when an oddity is encountered.

There's a blue, terrestrial planet that isn't listed on her map. She flies off for a short time, thinking nothing of it, but it started gnawing at the back of her mind.

Samus decides to look into it. She took a look at other galactic maps. Most maps didn't show SR388, so maybe this was a similar situation?

Even on the most detailed maps, it wasn't labled. She had encountered theoretical discussion of a 570th orbital body in the TS-0 star system while looking through various research documents, but they were all either inconclusive or shot down by the higher ups at Galactic Federation RND1.

This was very strange indeed. The armor-clad bounty hunter soon sped off near where this strange 570th body would be orbiting. Sure enough, it's there.

Very strange. Research and Exploration teams typically might miss an asteroid or two, but an entire planet? This made very little sense.

Samus initiated a surface scan from orbit. There were bio signs! Very weak, but they were there. The terrain map of the planet revealed some very artificial seeming shapes.

There is definitely intelligent life down there. Or at least, there was at one point. This definitely was intriguing, but there was one thought that made Samus head down to investigate above all else.

Maybe, just maybe, this planet held the mystery of what happened to the Chozo.[/spoiler]

Screenshots
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Progress isn't much yet. There's some of two areas done. But, It's significant enough to post.I will finish this hack. There is a demo included with the most up to date version.

This hack is going to be a fairly open ended exploration based hack, with the item progression being pretty loose.

Victor792019

cool hack. will be need any trick as wall jump or bomb jump to finish it?

alexman25

Quote from: Victor792019 on June 02, 2019, 11:30:18 AM
cool hack. will be need any trick as wall jump or bomb jump to finish it?
No

JumZhu

How to show other pictures and subtitles? And VBA gets stuck in the beginning

alexman25

Quote from: JumZhu on June 03, 2019, 04:54:35 AM
How to show other pictures and subtitles? And VBA gets stuck in the beginning
[spoiler]I just used a tileset and BG0 transparency clipdata[/spoiler]

BlueyLewis

This looks like a good start, and I really like what you've done with the palettes, but no matter which emulator I try the game crashes after the intro text.  :neutral:

caauyjdp

Are you sure you patched it correctly? Works fine on no$ and bizhawk with mgba core.
edit: doh, there's a post up about it crashing on vba.

BenDoesThings

I like it! It's pretty well designed in my opinion, and I can't wait to see where you go with this!

alexman25

Quote from: BenDoesThings on August 11, 2019, 08:57:01 AM
I like it! It's pretty well designed in my opinion, and I can't wait to see where you go with this!
Glad you enjoyed it! New demo coming soon.

alexman25

New demo attached. Pretty much ends at ice beam. Enjoy.

BenDoesThings

Just finished demo 2. Overall a nice improvement, although I have 2 problems. The text boxes for obtaining items have typos in them, and there's no indent. (A-C-Q-U-I-R-E-D, not A-Q-U-I-R-E-D.) Also, when you go down into Brinstar, you fall infinitely when trying to drop down. Don't give me access to Brinstar if it's gonna break the game.

alexman25

Quote from: BenDoesThings on August 12, 2019, 12:17:23 PM
Just finished demo 2. Overall a nice improvement, although I have 2 problems. The text boxes for obtaining items have typos in them, and there's no indent. (A-C-Q-U-I-R-E-D, not A-Q-U-I-R-E-D.) Also, when you go down into Brinstar, you fall infinitely when trying to drop down. Don't give me access to Brinstar if it's gonna break the game.
Hey, thanks for the feedback! The typos and softlocks are my bad, but the lack of an indent in the text boxes was intentional.

MetroidRuins

Judging by those screenshots, this hack will be a pretty fun experience.  :razz:

makazuwr32

can't wait to see the result. This hack definately will be intresting if it will be finished.

Steel Sparkle

Interesting. Good luck with the rest of this hacks completion.

Nabil

how do i Play it? after the text it Crashes my VBA no matter which Emulator i used it crashes

alexman25

Quote from: Nabil on December 07, 2019, 12:39:41 PM
how do i Play it? after the text it Crashes my VBA no matter which Emulator i used it crashes
It only works on the no$GBA emulator for an unknown reason. This is being fixed, but will take a while.

Nabil

Demo 2 is impossible because i can't go down in the Brinstar Station and i'm falling i waited 30 Seconds then i was in the Elevator Room of the Brinstar Area idk what i could do i was morphballing and i was Always Teleported to Brinstar and again to the Elevator Room of Brinstar Nothing worked plus the Cowboy260 or 20 idk where the Bombs are i didn't manage to get them because the Morphball Chozo Statue was not in the Right Place he turned left and not Right he turned Left so i can't get it