News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

The Arbitrary Contest! [April Fools]

Started by Jiffy, April 01, 2019, 07:20:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jiffy

Another contest? Is it that time already!? But the old contest hasn't even finished, I hear you say!
It's time for...

THE ARBITRARY CONTEST!

Yes, you heard that right. The contest is based on arbitrary rules that I made up 5 minutes ago. Here are the rules:

• The hack must start with a savestate, and must end with a savestate.
  • The hack must contain at least 1 working room, and no more than 10000 rooms. (Jeez, is that too much to ask?)
  • Each room must contain the author's signature.
  • The hack must make use of 8 different suits.
  • Any cutscenes with text must be run through Google Translate at least 50 times.
  • Any cutscenes with images must contain big anime boobies, especially on Samus. (Can we date all the characters?)
  • The hack must be released on a shady file hosting site with 3 or more ad-fly links.
  • The hack must disable the pause menu, as it will contain too many dinosaurs.
  • Each time a fangame is submitted for the contest, a 20 sided die will be used to determine if it is to be disqualified. Roll a 1, and you're through. Roll anything else, and you're not.
  • The hack must be based off AM2R. I hope nobody will fail that rule because literally everything is based off AM2R nowadays. (By the way, have you heard of AM2R?)
  • Oh, and did I tell you? ZM is banned from this contest, because just a daily reminder that SM is superior.

You have exactly 1 week to enter this contest, if you really want to. But be warned! I like to change the rules at any time, and give people certain advantages. Let's hope next time it's you that I'm helping.

Good luck everyone!

MetroidNerd#9001

I think I'll make a hack for this contest, but I'll arbitrarily decide which rules to follow. I'll generate a random number between 0 and 2047, convert it to binary, and flip it horizontally to determine which rules apply to me. 0 means it doesn't. 1 means I roll two dice six times, and if I get doubles at least once, I can choose whether or not it applies to me. If I don't get doubles, it applies to me.

Cpt.Glitch

Now what does the winner of this contest get? $3k?!

Metroid3D

BEHOLD!!

blobogatchi

Featuring:

• Three unique gamemodes!
  • Translated text!
  • No pause menu!
  • A unique take on the story of AM2R
  • Playable!
  • Savestates! (Sometimes)
  • Six working rooms!
  • Playable!
  • Not Zero Mission!
  • 8+ different randomly generated suits

Metroid Construction is about as shady as you can get so here's the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u1m9fwcqci2jerp/Blobogatchi.zip?dl=1
Enjoy! And send pictures of your unique blob thrower!