News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid: Takeover

Started by Spedimus, December 22, 2018, 02:38:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caauyjdp

[spoiler=And some more tiny issues]If you go right at this junction without picking up missiles first, you're required to wall jump to get out. Imho it's an oversight considering how accessible path to power grip was made.

Following three are from path to zipline activator:
Seemingly random speed blocks.

There are three bomb blocks down here for some reason

At first this looked like a way out for people that don't know how to wall jump or ibj, but the bomb chain block under samus doesn't make sense then. And right chain should probably be one tile less from the left side.
[/spoiler]

edit:
What's the actual maximum endgame %?
Haven't been able to do any progress for couple of days, sitting at 80%, 1199 energy, 175 missiles, 22supers, 12 pbs.
Still no clue how to open grey door in pirate tower, nor how to access the one remaining crumble block two rooms before kraid.
Managed to skip activating ziplines and thus Mua, just for fun.

Spedimus

Quote from: caauyjdp on February 04, 2019, 02:49:25 PM
[spoiler=And some more tiny issues]If you go right at this junction without picking up missiles first, you're required to wall jump to get out. Imho it's an oversight considering how accessible path to power grip was made.

Following three are from path to zipline activator:
Seemingly random speed blocks.

There are three bomb blocks down here for some reason

At first this looked like a way out for people that don't know how to wall jump or ibj, but the bomb chain block under samus doesn't make sense then. And right chain should probably be one tile less from the left side.
[/spoiler]

edit:
What's the actual maximum endgame %?
Haven't been able to do any progress for couple of days, sitting at 80%, 1199 energy, 175 missiles, 22supers, 12 pbs.
Still no clue how to open grey door in pirate tower, nor how to access the one remaining crumble block two rooms before kraid.
Managed to skip activating ziplines and thus Mua, just for fun.

I'll be honest, I don't actually know the final percent off the top of my head. The gray door has no connection and the crumble blocks before kraid don't lead anywhere. I'm guessing 80% is close to the final percent or is the final percent. I'll find out in a bit

EDIT: Just checked, the final percentage seems to be 82%.

andlabs

Do you have specific item counts? I have 999 Energy (and I know where one other tank is), 150 Missiles, 18 Supers, and 18 Power Bombs.

Also is it possible to get to the bottom of the vertical shaft that you have to shinespark up to get to

[spoiler]Plasma Beam[/spoiler]

? I can't seem to find a path to that underside. (If I was supposed to use that path to shinespark up in the first place, I just used charging from the middle door instead.) And what about the hole that indicates where you shinespark up to get a Super Missile in a nearby room? Is there anything below that that I have to find another way into?

I forget what version I'm using, but judging from what you said you fixed on the first page I'm still on 1.0; will upgrading to 1.2 break anything savestate-y?

Spedimus

[spoiler]
Quote from: andlabs on February 17, 2019, 01:26:36 AM
Do you have specific item counts? I have 999 Energy (and I know where one other tank is), 150 Missiles, 18 Supers, and 18 Power Bombs.

Also is it possible to get to the bottom of the vertical shaft that you have to shinespark up to get to

[spoiler]Plasma Beam[/spoiler]

? I can't seem to find a path to that underside. (If I was supposed to use that path to shinespark up in the first place, I just used charging from the middle door instead.) And what about the hole that indicates where you shinespark up to get a Super Missile in a nearby room? Is there anything below that that I have to find another way into?

I forget what version I'm using, but judging from what you said you fixed on the first page I'm still on 1.0; will upgrading to 1.2 break anything savestate-y?
[/spoiler]

1. The specific item counts are 12 E-Tanks(1299 Energy), 175 Normal, 22 Supers, 18 PBs.

2. Yes, it's possible to get the the bottom of that room. There should be a vertical door in the PB tank room requiring space jump. I think I know what you're talking about for the other Super Missile room, and there is nothing beneath those blocks, it's just a spot to shinespark up from.

3. Yes, upgrading tp 1.2 will probably break your save state. There were a few tank changes and softlock fixes.

24stdzocker

Hello there,
Always been a silent lurker on here, but just made an account to ask a question on your hack.

Really enjoyed it so far. Pacing and difficulty seem good to me, the new map is fun to explore, the amount of sequence breaking is good.
However, I feel like I am stuck a bit, been searching for my next item for over 2 hours, and can't seem to progress without Gravity in both Lower Norfair nor Maridia.
Items I have so far: Long, Charge, Ice, Wave, Missiles, Supers, Bombs, Pbombs, Varia, Morphball, Powergrip, Speedbooster, Highjump.
Every path I tried to take seems to block me off with lava (I even took the dives to check if it gets me anywhere) or impossible underwater jumps, and I have explored suitless Maridia way more than I wanted to anyway. Any help on where to go, or what to get next would be greatly appreciated. Here's my explored maps of the mentioned regions.

I also seem to have found a bug with a door, it isn't showing on the map, I also can't pass through it (it makes the door opening sound when defeating all the enemys in that room). It's below the Ridley face tile, you can fall into the room from above, but the door can't be passed.

Edit: Alright, I found my way to Gravity now, seems like it was in the exact same room I found that bugged door in, think that pbomb block was a bit hidden for a main path, but maybe I just suck. If you go into Crocomires room after beating him, you have to fight him again btw, no idea if this is intented. I managed to beat it now, and besides the speed space jump puzzle to get Plasma (again, maybe I just suck), I enjoyed it a lot. Loved your theme on the last area, that elevator especialy was awesome. Escape sequence was fun aswell, kinda saw "them surprise" coming tho, good thing I had so many Supers. Chozo Mountain was cool aswell, got there way before I had any of the "ancient" items, so I had to turn around in that last room sadly, would've been nice if all that wall/bombjumping had been rewarded, but I guess I get the idea of locking away of the last ability.
Finished in a horrible 3:30:43 with 73% mainly due to my Gravity Suit issues. If you patch out a few bugs here and there, this is a great and fun hack, thanks for this!

caauyjdp

[spoiler=Find a]power bomb block in the room with the bugged door that you mention.[/spoiler] That door was probably supposed to be a gray one-way door.
And speaking of buggy doors, room with two baristutes, in kraid, near Mua. Iirc you only need to kill one of the baristutes to open the door, which seems strange.

Spedimus

Yup, that door is supposed to be a one-way. For some reason there's an event in that room. I think most of the hatch lock enemy rooms are bugged but honestly I don't think its that big of an issue and I probably won't fix them, they're not game breaking or anything

caauyjdp

Did a new(fourth?) playthrough specifically to keep an eye on item counts, and there's still 1 too many power bomb in the game for zm to count endgame % properly.
Still sitting at 80%, though it's technically 81% because of the extra pb.
Can't find last etank anywhere though, could you tell the area I'm missing it from?
[spoiler=How many I found in each map area]
brinstar 4
kraid 2
norfair 1
ridley 2
tourian 1
chozodia 1
[/spoiler]

Spedimus

Quote from: caauyjdp on February 26, 2019, 01:37:11 PM
Did a new(fourth?) playthrough specifically to keep an eye on item counts, and there's still 1 too many power bomb in the game for zm to count endgame % properly.
Still sitting at 80%, though it's technically 81% because of the extra pb.
Can't find last etank anywhere though, could you tell the area I'm missing it from?
[spoiler=How many I found in each map area]
brinstar 4
kraid 2
norfair 1
ridley 2
tourian 1
chozodia 1
[/spoiler]

You're missing an energy tank in Crateria.

caauyjdp

Sorry, apparently I can't count/read/write, I did get 1 in crateria, but apparently miscounted something else elsewhere. Sorry. Was going by the map and memory which apparently failed me, will replay and recount. Again, sorry.

edit:
Ok, did a quick replay and recounted
[spoiler=My etanks by area]
brinstar 4
kraid 2
norfair 1
ridley 1
tourian 1
chozodia 1
crateria 1
[/spoiler]

Spedimus

Quote from: caauyjdp on February 26, 2019, 11:45:31 PM
Sorry, apparently I can't count/read/write, I did get 1 in crateria, but apparently miscounted something else elsewhere. Sorry. Was going by the map and memory which apparently failed me, will replay and recount. Again, sorry.

edit:
Ok, did a quick replay and recounted
[spoiler=My etanks by area]
brinstar 4
kraid 2
norfair 1
ridley 1
tourian 1
chozodia 1
crateria 1
[/spoiler]

No, you didn't miss count. There's a bug in Ridley in 1.2 that shows a missile tank tile over an energy tank one. There are 2 in Ridley.

caauyjdp

No, I really did miscount/misremember, thought there was etank soonish after crocomire, but turned out that was pb.
Thank you for letting me know the area, will focus my search there now.

edit: Found it. Somehow I managed to always overlook that place, didn't even notice there were platforms there until now. Thank you for the help, and for a great hack!

edit2: Doh, ridley without gravity is easy. Getting out of was fun :) I <3 this hack.

WowFamDesu

good hack mate gonna rate