News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Another Movie 1 Remake

Started by Chemical-X, February 24, 2019, 06:03:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chemical-X

Hello I am releasing my MZM demo here called Another Metroid 1 Remake!

Main items are switched up, you will need wall kicking skills, bomb jump skills.
The chozo boss doesn't need a super missle to die.
Hit it with one and you will lock the game up completely. :/
(blames japanese nintendo coders)  :>:
Back Tracking is fun especially if you are an old school gamer use to this type of stuff.

This rom file is what you need to make it work:
Metroid - Zero Mission (U).gba

*You should have enough item pick ups from brinstar to norfair, if not start looking in odd places.
*The fully powered suit will not allow you to toggle on off if you do not have varia item and gravity item.
*This hack is currently on ice, I will pick it up again late spring or summer time.
*I am aware there are some issues with the demo but meh.

Just a warning, you "COULD" beat this game if you want to, but its not done yet.
Sequence breaking won't work out well the way you think when you get to chozidia to ridleys ship.
Post a reply back if any really weird stuff show up unexpectedly.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5ml0lnaqt70n6a7/AM1R_-_Demo.ips/file

andlabs

The aesthetic is interesting; I especially like how

[spoiler]some of the decorative Chozo statues, such as the one in the Power Grip room, are just a bunch of shot blocks[/spoiler]

One bug: Going left from the ship back to Main Street puts it in the escape sequence graphics and animations, though the room states are normal otherwise.

Also, because you're talking about sequence breaking potentially breaking the game, and from what I know about normal Zero Mission breaking, what is the correct sequence:

[spoiler]Get Power Bombs from the Tourian backdoor and then do Norfair/Kraid/Ridley? Go to Chozodia through the Super Missile gates? Or go to Tourian normally?[/spoiler]

Chemical-X

Well one of the main plots to this is to get the fully Powered suit the chozo made.
1. Start out in crateria first, once you find the necessary items in crateria, go back to your ship and save.

2. Grab the power grip if you can, go back outside to the left, and the rain should stop or start, you will find power bombs somewhere around the ship.

3. Go to chozodia, make sure you look at the map, you will need to come back in the way you came from this is why back tracking is needed.
Now go to kraid, ridley, lastly torian, this is how I wanted it to go Metroid Nes style, since I am still working with norfairs area.
Don't go too far in that area or you may get permastuck.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I do plan on making the enemies a little bit more tougher as they are now, to counter samus new suit and weapons.
Atleast it'll put some gamers back in their place when they think they can breeze right through it.

From Chozodia to the pirate ship is impossible, I did quite a few things to stop players from crossing over unless they try cheating.
If any of you all make it to motherbrain, this is the only possible way to reach chozodia, the guardian boss should be dead.
I haven't gotten that far into testing it and working out more details and problems with it yet.

So enjoy for now. :)

alexman25

I would consider another more original re-name (AMOR).

Chemical-X

Quote from: alexman25 on March 03, 2019, 09:30:00 AM
I would consider another more original re-name (AMOR).

Edit: So yeah I'm going to name the game AMZ1R, when I had played through am2r over a year ago, I had the idea to name it this way.