News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Return to Zebes: SR388 Expansion

Started by alexman25, February 01, 2019, 11:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexman25

Two Hacks, for the Price of One!

If you read through the initial "Metroid: Return to Zebes" forum post, you'll notice a glaring omission from my original plan. I boasted a post-game area, being SR388. Clearly that never happened. BUT, I'm working to cover for this.

This will replace Easy/Normal mode with Zebes/SR388 missions that you will choose when creating a save file. This will essentially be just more RTZ.

It's not going to be big enough to warrant being a stand alone hack, but small enough to cram inside the three extra areas (I'm going to merge Tourian with Crateria, since it's pointless to have the two areas separate.) that are currently unused: Tourian, Kraid, and Chozodia. The two planets are entirely separate from each other, and what you do on one will not affect the other.

I decided to make a separate post from the Return to Zebes thread because it's completely disconnected from the other Zebes mission, outside of the "new game+" feature I may or may not add.

This will be included in the 2.3 update of RTZ, as a sorry for not fulfilling my original promise, and because the hack as it stands is pretty short and not worth much replay.

I currently have this room mostly done, and will work on more once I get home.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

That is all for now, ta-ta.

Hackmi

you sure its a good idea to make a whole post about a new game with just an idea and an image of the landing site. not to mention you're trying to do "two hacks at once, good luck."

alexman25

Quote from: Hackmi on February 01, 2019, 11:42:38 AM
you sure its a good idea to make a whole post about a new game with just an idea and an image of the landing site. not to mention you're trying to do "two hacks at once, good luck."

Don't worry fam, I'll have a lot more to show by the end of tonight.

Hackmi

Alright, I have some nice ZM style SR388 tilesets if you need (UNBAN ME FROM THE DISCORD REEE)

biospark

One room is not enough to make a new hack thread. Post it in ROTM or the screenshots thread instead.