News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

METROID: THE LAST METROID (Metroid 3 Remake)

Started by Metroid Violinist, November 09, 2018, 11:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetroidRuins

Quote from: Metroid Violinist on November 14, 2018, 09:33:03 PM
Quote from: MetroidRuins on November 13, 2018, 06:28:24 PM
Hey, nice update! I think you should update more before posting another ips patch tough. Good luck on the project!
Okay, I'll remember to do that next time.  :grin:

Quote from: MetroidRuins on November 13, 2018, 11:13:40 PM
I love that Space Pirate palette!  :grin: Keep up the good work.
Thank you, I appreciate the compliment.

UPDATE TIME!

New Screenshots
[spoiler][/spoiler]
I like the way that desert looks. Do youbplan on expanding Crateria to have more outside ares?

Metroid Violinist

I like the way that desert looks. Do youbplan on expanding Crateria to have more outside ares?

First of all, I don't wanna sound mean or anything but there were a lot of mistakes in that but yeah, I plan to expand Crateria's outside rooms and have more of them...

New Tileset: Overgrown Chozo Ruins!...
[spoiler]
I would like some feedback on how it looks so... Opinions?... I plan to use it for Green Brinstar.[/spoiler]

Conner

Quote from: Metroid Violinist on November 15, 2018, 07:22:45 AM

First of all, I don't wanna sound mean or anything but there were a lot of mistakes in that but yeah, I plan to expand Crateria's outside rooms and have more of them...

[spoiler]
I would like some feedback on how it looks so... Opinions?... I plan to use it for Green Brinstar.[/spoiler]

Isnt this just the Sector 2 tileset? Looks good.

MetroidRuins

Quote from: Conner on November 15, 2018, 12:21:40 PM

[spoiler]

Isnt this just the Sector 2 tileset? Looks good.

I believe it is Fusion's sector 2's vines and overgrowth, but I think he removed the tiles underneath that and put in Zero Mission's chozodia tileset.

Hackmi

The link says it's invalid.
maybe send a permanent link I have some tiles I'd be willing to let you use for whatever you want and a somewhat custom ZM Samus and stuff.

This project is actually kind of cool

Metroid Violinist

Quote from: Hackmi on November 19, 2018, 04:05:11 PM
The link says it's invalid.
maybe send a permanent link I have some tiles I'd be willing to let you use for whatever you want and a somewhat custom ZM Samus and stuff.

This project is actually kind of cool

Okay, I just set it to be a permanent link... https://discord.gg/kNJuJTD

alexman25

Another one of these, eh? I can't read the whole thread right now but I wish you luck. Maybe this won't fail like the countless others! If I can help in any way shoot me a message (preferably on Discord @AM#3814)

Metroid Violinist

Quote from: alexman25 on November 20, 2018, 02:29:27 PM
Another one of these, eh? I can't read the whole thread right now but I wish you luck. Maybe this won't fail like the countless others! If I can help in any way shoot me a message (preferably on Discord @AM#3814)

Yeah, hopefully... I'll be sure to send you message on Discord if I have any problems.

MetroidRuins

[spoiler]

I have a quick response to an old post... I don't think it should be overgrown Chozodia or Chozo ruins because I honestly liked it better in super metroid where it was just a bunch of vines.

Metroid Violinist

Old Update[spoiler]
Quote from: MetroidRuins on November 23, 2018, 11:46:36 AM

[spoiler]

I have a quick response to an old post... I don't think it should be overgrown Chozodia or Chozo ruins because I honestly liked it better in super metroid where it was just a bunch of vines.

Yeah, I'm thinking about changing or something because I keep running out of tile space when I'm wanted to add some more tiles or details...

Currently working on Ceres Space Colony and I plan for it to be more of a colony than in Super...
https://youtu.be/TvIUTsMbX7c[/spoiler]

Hey again! Here is finished Ceres Station.

Ceres Space Colony Map
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Strokend

Well, here's a project to keep my eye on.

While ZM did lack a couple of buttons and thus control options over SM, I've always been curious how people would manage an SM remake in it, and it sounds like you're figuring out ways around the problems.

Steel Sparkle

MetroidRuins

Quote from: Steel Sparkle on November 28, 2018, 10:30:53 AM
this looks nice!
Quote from: Strokend on November 27, 2018, 12:08:54 PM
Well, here's a project to keep my eye on.

While ZM did lack a couple of buttons and thus control options over SM, I've always been curious how people would manage an SM remake in it, and it sounds like you're figuring out ways around the problems.

Currebtly you should try to make it where you fight ridley and an escape sequence gets triggered.

Cpt.Glitch

There is a patch a made on the main site that triggers an escape after killing Ridley. You could use that to set the "mother brain escape" then use the hex tweak that allows the player to keep items after the mother brain escape (so samus doesn't become suitless). :)

MetroidRuins

Quote from: Cpt.Glitch on November 28, 2018, 12:09:51 PM
There is a patch a made on the main site that triggers an escape after killing Ridley. You could use that to set the "mother brain escape" then use the hex tweak that allows the player to keep items after the mother brain escape (so samus doesn't become suitless). :)
Didn't know you could do that..

NicoleC

Yo, this looks incredibly legit, keep up the great work!  :^_^:

Metroid Violinist

Quote from: Cpt.Glitch on November 28, 2018, 12:09:51 PM
Thanks, Cpt.Glitch.

UPDATE:

-Proteus Ridley Fight-
[spoiler][/spoiler]

EDIT: forget to change the top of the head to metal when opening his mouth... Oh well, you'll have to wait til' the next update.

rokim21

Nice use of Proteus Ridley! Now he fits much better in context than in M:SR!

Steel Sparkle

alexman25

This looks great! Good work.

Keaton

This looks really cool can't wait for the finished product.  :grin:

alexman25

I played one of the released demos (I think the most recent one), and I'd like to provide some criticism. In my opinion, you use a lot of tiles where they seem like they wouldn't be used, or in a questionable way. Like using foreground tiles as background tiles, and some things not being clear what they are at first. Also, the palettes for background 3 in some spots are a bit too bright. The ship also looks pretty boring, and some rooms are in questionable locations. But all in all, I liked it! Good luck in the future.

Metroid Violinist

Quote from: alexman25 on January 08, 2019, 09:53:06 AM
I played one of the released demos (I think the most recent one), and I'd like to provide some criticism. In my opinion, you use a lot of tiles where they seem like they wouldn't be used, or in a questionable way. Like using foreground tiles as background tiles, and some things not being clear what they are at first. Also, the palettes for background 3 in some spots are a bit too bright. The ship also looks pretty boring, and some rooms are in questionable locations. But all in all, I liked it! Good luck in the future.
Okay I will try to fix these problems...

Look who's back!
I have a bit of an update for you, It's not too interesting, but it's music. (specifically green brinstar)
https://youtu.be/Us0MuCjfWGQ
[spoiler]Sorry about the buggy video...[/spoiler]

DestroyedChozo

Quote from: Metroid Violinist on January 08, 2019, 09:19:29 PM
Quote from: alexman25 on January 08, 2019, 09:53:06 AM
Okay I will try to fix these problems...

Look who's back!
I have a bit of an update for you, It's not too interesting, but it's music. (specifically green brinstar)
https://youtu.be/Us0MuCjfWGQ
[spoiler]Sorry about the buggy video...[/spoiler]
That wasn't that bad just fix the screeches of death and make the song a little bit quieter and it will be just about perfect.