News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

METROID: THE LAST METROID (Metroid 3 Remake)

Started by Metroid Violinist, November 09, 2018, 11:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metroid Violinist

Discord-Server" border="0

(I invite you to check out my discord; more progress is shown there.)

A "Metroid: Zero Mission" ROM-hack that reimagines "Super Metroid"
Here are some screenshots of my progress.

Once you have defeated Kraid you have access to Ridley.
After Defeating Ridley you gain access to Tourian, making
Phantoon and Draygon Optional in this hack. (Although you
might want to defeat those two bosses if you want to have
a more fair and more fun gameplay experience)

If you would like to contribute to the project in any way (Graphics, level design, play-testing, etc.) feel free to contact me at metroidsviolin@gmail.com

Short-Term Goals:
[spoiler]
- Complete the hack[/spoiler]

Long-Term Goals:
[spoiler]
- Replace most (if not all) graphics with custom graphics
- learn ASM to make more enemies and bosses from SM
- Add intro monologue[/spoiler]

There is a Demo of this hack containing old Brinstar and a part of Crateria.

albert v.

This looks pretty nice actually! :razz: i like that will have crocomire fight!

Will this have the super Metroid map layout?

Metroid Violinist

Thank you! It actually depends on what the community wants. As of now, I've been making most areas brand new and redesigned. Areas like Crateria and Blue Brinstar, however, will likely be faithful to the original.

EDIT: does anyone here now a place I get to Samus' suit palettes?

Metroid Violinist

Here's another screenshot of a room in Crateria... leading to the Wrecked Ship...

In case you wanted to see more of the room in the previous
screenshots just go here: https://metroidsviolin.imgbb.com/

I've changed the way you obtain powerbombs. Seeing as there is no Grapple Beam in MZM,
I've made it where you must defeat Crocomire to get powerbombs.
If you disagree with the way I've set that up, feel free to ask me to change it.

Hackmi

There's a reason no one has been able to make SM in ZM.
The reason is:
ZM is worse than SM.

Flex

Metroid Violinist

Quote from: Hackmi on November 10, 2018, 01:23:08 PM
There's a reason no one has been able to make SM in ZM.
The reason is:
ZM is worse than SM.

Flex
Oof... okay... I'm still going to try.

More Screenshots!!!

In that 3rd screenshot don't question the red door...

Metroid Violinist

Here's a small demo of Brinstar. I removed all areas and rooms outside of Brinstar (except Crateria 0)
that why you can't spoil it for yourself, so don't think about going into MAGE or DH because you won't
find anything. Tell me if you found any bugs that need to be squashed...

Metroid Violinist

Is there a way to make Samus' start with long beam?

Cpt.Glitch

Avoid posting multiple times in a row. Simply edit your post next time if no one else has posted prior to your last post.
As for your question, yes. A patch for starting with items is on the main website under resources.

Metroid Violinist

Quote from: Cpt.Glitch on November 10, 2018, 05:56:12 PM
Avoid posting multiple times in a row. Simply edit your post next time if no one else has posted prior to your last post.
As for your question, yes. A patch for starting with items is on the main website under resources.

Okay, I'll remember to do that next time. Thanks, I appreciate your help.  :grin:

Xyifer12

I've not abandoned Metroid Super Mission, work is slow and only posted on Discord. Any chance you'd want to join? Norfair is fully built, Green Brinstar is fully built and Red Brinstar is under construction. We need someone to work on Maridia, it seems that the person who claimed that area has quit building it. I'd invite you to the discord group and give you a collection of assets that I keep updated, if you wanted to join.

Metroid Violinist

Quote from: Xyifer12 on November 10, 2018, 07:32:57 PM
I've not abandoned Metroid Super Mission, work is slow and only posted on Discord. Any chance you'd want to join? Norfair is fully built, Green Brinstar is fully built and Red Brinstar is under construction. We need someone to work on Maridia, it seems that the person who claimed that area has quit building it. I'd invite you to the discord group and give you a collection of assets that I keep updated, if you wanted to join.

Hi, Xyifer12. While I like that you are inviting me to help out with you and your teams project, I would like to work on the version I am currently working on at the moment and I don't really communicate well in teams. So I will have to decline your request, sorry.

Steel Sparkle

This looks cool. Keep it up and good luck!

Metroid Violinist

Thank you!  :grin: I'm currently working on Ruined Tourian.

andlabs

Is the only available setup the first four rooms of Blue Brinstar?

Metroid Violinist

Yes at the moment, I have Ruined Tourian almost complete so once it's finished I will connect it to Crateria and release another demo.  :grin:

MetroidRuins

This is pretty cool! Judging by your screenshots you've got a good chunk of the game done! (That's more than I've ever completed) I really like the new ship desgin and how you modified Crocomire's head and palette it makes him more "superb."  :grin:

Hackmi

here's some old site that had some screenshots you may find useful
http://projectzebes.blogspot.com/

Metroid Violinist

Those suit palettes look awesome!... (I'm gonna steal them)  :grin:

EDIT: You may not be seeing any updates for my project for a while, that is due to the fact that I will be making custom (or edited) graphics for (eventually) all of the rooms and tilesets if you would like to help by giving me feedback on said tilesets I have created a discord account and channel that you can access right here: https://discord.gg/fhMbQk

dewhi100

Super Metroid Advance is another project with a similar vision. Even if you do not want to join or be part of a collaboration, you might be interested in what they're doing.

Metroid Violinist

Quote from: dewhi100 on November 12, 2018, 12:12:47 PM
Super Metroid Advance is another project with a similar vision. Even if you do not want to join or be part of a collaboration, you might be interested in what they're doing.
I'm actually interested in what most Super Metroid Remakes have planned but yet again, I don't want to be in a collaboration.
Update: Added Ruined Tourian and a new Crateria room so that way you can make it back to your ship!  :grin:
Changes Samus' jump physics so that she normally jumps as high as high jump boots would make you. I have not changed high jump physics yet so yeah... Oh and there is one secret missile tank in crateria... it requires missiles to get it. See if you can find it.  :grin:

MetroidRuins

Hey, nice update! I think you should update more before posting another ips patch tough. Good luck on the project!

Metroid Violinist

Hello, I'm currently working on more of Crateria and here is a teaser for one of the rooms...

MetroidRuins

I love that Space Pirate palette!  :grin: Keep up the good work.

Metroid Violinist

Quote from: MetroidRuins on November 13, 2018, 06:28:24 PM
Hey, nice update! I think you should update more before posting another ips patch tough. Good luck on the project!
Okay, I'll remember to do that next time.  :grin:

Quote from: MetroidRuins on November 13, 2018, 11:13:40 PM
I love that Space Pirate palette!  :grin: Keep up the good work.
Thank you, I appreciate the compliment.

UPDATE TIME!

New Screenshots
[spoiler][/spoiler]