News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

METROID: THE LAST METROID (Metroid 3 Remake)

Started by Metroid Violinist, November 09, 2018, 11:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metroid Violinist

Quote from: DestroyedChozo on January 08, 2019, 09:27:47 PM
Quote from: Metroid Violinist on January 08, 2019, 09:19:29 PM
Quote from: alexman25 on January 08, 2019, 09:53:06 AM
I played one of the released demos (I think the most recent one), and I'd like to provide some criticism. In my opinion, you use a lot of tiles where they seem like they wouldn't be used, or in a questionable way. Like using foreground tiles as background tiles, and some things not being clear what they are at first. Also, the palettes for background 3 in some spots are a bit too bright. The ship also looks pretty boring, and some rooms are in questionable locations. But all in all, I liked it! Good luck in the future.
Okay I will try to fix these problems...

Look who's back!
I have a bit of an update for you, It's not too interesting, but it's music. (specifically green brinstar)
https://youtu.be/Us0MuCjfWGQ
[spoiler]Sorry about the buggy video...[/spoiler]
That wasn't that bad just fix the screeches of death and make the song a little bit quieter and it will be just about perfect.
yeah, lol...  :lol:

Metroid Violinist

Hello, I have a little update... I'm releasing a Brinstar Green Demo today!

The files are as follows a save file to have you start in Brinstar Green
(You can't get there through the normal game yet...) and an IPS Patch! Woohoo!...
I promised a demo today on the Discord so here it is...
Please give me feedback on the areas that I have done...
(Here is the link to the .sav file... https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-bUn759z575B7-O-TcsCwTKkfiByFrUq/view?usp=sharing)

Cpt.Glitch

I have a suggestion. I'd modify pink brinstar a bit so it's not so hard on the eyes. (The filler tile is the main issue here) It may look better in game than on the screenshot, but it may be something to consider.

Metroid Violinist

Quote from: Cpt.Glitch on January 14, 2019, 10:48:49 PM
I have a suggestion. I'd modify pink brinstar a bit so it's not so hard on the eyes. (The filler tile is the main issue here) It may look better in game than on the screenshot, but it may be something to consider.
Okay, I'll make the filler a bit darker, Captian Glitch.

But speaking of Graphics, I'm realizing that I cannot make this project on my own, and would like to have some artist to help create tilesets. That way
I can get areas out quicker. On the other hand, it might be better to do this on my own so that the tilesets are what I want... But yeah, if you
wanna help at all you can join the discord to ask me. (on the start of this topic)

Xyifer12

Discord says your invite link is expired or invalid.

Metroid Violinist

As many of you can already guess, I've ceased to update this thread. I've officially given up on this hack. Although, you can expect a new upcoming coming hack to be announced on MetConst Forums on 3/24/19. I hope I didn't get too many people excited about this hack. It was doomed from the start, I should've seen the rest of the failed SM remake hacks/projects. Well, that's it for now...

-SEE YOU NEXT MISSION-

Steel Sparkle

What a shame. Seems another one bites the dust.
Would love to see one of these get finished one day. Well thank for trying and good luck with any future projects.

Hackmi

as expected, a shame though I did like parts of this, try a smaller project like one area

Unseen Brain

Any plans to release it in its current state for others to pick up and possibly finish?

Metroid Violinist

Quote from: Unseen Brain on March 19, 2019, 10:29:29 PM
Any plans to release it in its current state for others to pick up and possibly finish?
No, probably not... I've had so many retakes of the hack over the course of it's production, that I only have Crateria and Old Brinstar finished...