News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Changing item drop varibles?

Started by zaphod, October 06, 2018, 05:03:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaphod

Is there a way to adjust the freq of dropped items?  I am working on a hack that by the time you have 15 missiles you have came across 2 red doors and a yellow. And it seems to take every time I try something like 10-15 min before I get the missiles refilled. I am getting energy pretty often, but as for missiles I am getting less than 1 in 100 enemies killed.   Is there a way to tweak this to make missiles appear a little more often?

Flower

Quote from: zaphod on October 06, 2018, 05:03:24 AM
Is there a way to adjust the freq of dropped items?  I am working on a hack that by the time you have 15 missiles you have came across 2 red doors and a yellow. And it seems to take every time I try something like 10-15 min before I get the missiles refilled. I am getting energy pretty often, but as for missiles I am getting less than 1 in 100 enemies killed.   Is there a way to tweak this to make missiles appear a little more often?

Hey dude,

I've got two answers for you.

1) you can include heal stations (one tile of the graphic tiles is then manipulated to heal when in contact), "which also regenerates missiles if you alter the code, offered here in the wiki, the way i did. I did expand the code with my tiny little understanding of asm. I would be willing to share the code and help you implement it.

2) maybe you want to alter the drop table directly, which determines which item you get and how often something drops. I didn't experiment with it yet, but this section of the code seems very promising (from Game Engine, Bank 0):

;----------------------------------------[ Item drop table ]-----------------------------------------

;The following table determines what, if any, items an enemy will drop when it is killed.

ItemDropTbl:
LDE35:  .byte $80                       ;Missile.
LDE36:  .byte $81                       ;Energy.
LDE37:  .byte $89                       ;No item.
LDE38:  .byte $80                       ;Missile.
LDE39:  .byte $81                       ;Energy.
LDE3A:  .byte $89                       ;No item.
LDE3B:  .byte $81                       ;Energy.
LDE3C:  .byte $89                       ;No item.

3) mix both solutions, which seems to be what i am gonna do.

Cheers :bounce:

zaphod

Thanks for the info, I will play around with this. :^_^: