News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid Ultimate Hidden Version[from China]

Started by 0Zero0, May 31, 2018, 07:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0Zero0

This is a Super Metroid hack by[GuduJimoYigeren]from China, released at June 1, 2018
===================================
This is a finding-items hack, all the items is hidden in a different location in the room where have items originally, and not easy to find it out!
It can be 100% collection!
Any questions, just leave your comment down below! we will help you as we can :yay:

Which one is the real etank?

Here is the readme from the author (translated by Google and me :^_^:)

--------------------------
This Hack is my first hack, the map has not changed basically, only a few rooms have been modified, all the items are not on the surface, all are hidden. Please forgive me if I do not do well.
This Hack note: After get the first missile, you must leave immediately, otherwise it will stuck, and the bomb should be taken quickly, otherwise it will be stuck by brick.

ChangeLog:

1.0 2018/6/2

Removed the all-brick rooms, updated the acquisition of Varia Suit.

1.0.1 2018/6/3

fixed the acquisition of Varia Suit bug.

1.0.2-1.0.3 2018/10/19

Fixed a bug that may cause stuck in Brinstar.

1.0.5 2019/08/21

Fixed a bug in Brinstar.

andlabs

So I have 2 Energy Tanks, 1 Reserve Tank, 50 Missiles, 10 Super Missiles, Spazer, Varia Suit, Morphing Ball, and Bomb. It appears every path I can take requires either Speed Booster or Power Bomb. I beat Spore Spawn, Kraid, and Crocomire. Inaccessible items I've spotted in walls with Spazer are limited to several missiles and the Reserve Tank in the Speed Booster room, and I can get a few extra Missiles and Energy Tanks but not without filling in all the map squares in a room, which I'm trying not to do without getting all the items in that room first. Where do I go now?

LexyChan

[spoiler]You need grapple. Go behind crocomire and access the "exit" way of the grapple gauntlet where the Green gate blocks your path.
There's a bombable block at the bottom to bypass the grey gate.[/spoiler]

That should solve your problem or at least give you more areas to explore and possibly advance Andlabs.

0Zero0

Quote from: andlabs on July 15, 2018, 02:09:47 PM
So I have 2 Energy Tanks, 1 Reserve Tank, 50 Missiles, 10 Super Missiles, Spazer, Varia Suit, Morphing Ball, and Bomb. It appears every path I can take requires either Speed Booster or Power Bomb. I beat Spore Spawn, Kraid, and Crocomire. Inaccessible items I've spotted in walls with Spazer are limited to several missiles and the Reserve Tank in the Speed Booster room, and I can get a few extra Missiles and Energy Tanks but not without filling in all the map squares in a room, which I'm trying not to do without getting all the items in that room first. Where do I go now?

[spoiler]After beaten crocomire, go into the grapple beam path backward, and the gate has a hidden route to go through.[/spoiler]
——By the author

DonnyDonovan

How is this overall?   Worth a playthrough?   Or a half-hack that doesn't really stand out?

andlabs

Ah! I was

[spoiler]assuming that gate was a Power Bomb gate, because other hacks I've seen don't bother coloring those in either.[/spoiler]

Thanks!

@DonnyDonovan: no comment yet, but it IS a half-hack, so if you're against those in general...

MetroidNerd#9001

I mean, he seems to be ok with my hack, even though it's a half hack.

DonnyDonovan

Nothing against half-hacks in general, it's just that some aren't worth the time.   Some just move a few items around, or add artificial difficulty in the form of spikes or acid or absurd boss health, and aren't fun.  A good half-hack still makes things different and interesting enough that it is enjoyable to play through, be it from a unique item order, graphical edits, weird room connections, usually a combination thereof.   MetroidNerd's game is an example of a half-hack with enough things changed up that it is fun to play.   So I was just wondering what people's impressions of this are overall. 

UDtheAesir

Quote from: DonnyDonovan on July 25, 2018, 10:26:25 PM
Nothing against half-hacks in general, it's just that some aren't worth the time.   Some just move a few items around, or add artificial difficulty in the form of spikes or acid or absurd boss health, and aren't fun.  A good half-hack still makes things different and interesting enough that it is enjoyable to play through, be it from a unique item order, graphical edits, weird room connections, usually a combination thereof.   MetroidNerd's game is an example of a half-hack with enough things changed up that it is fun to play.   So I was just wondering what people's impressions of this are overall.

I'm kind of the same way too. I lean towards hacks like Redesign, Ancient Chozo, Super Metroid Zero Mission, Escape, that sort of thing. I haven't played this because I'm not interested in hunting down items that are hidden everywhere.

So there you have it, my impressions.

andlabs

Okay, I hate having to ask this again, but I'm stuck again.

[spoiler]3 Energy Tanks, 3 Reserve Tanks, 80 Missiles, 20 Super Missiles, Grappling Beam, Spazer, Varia Suit, Morphing Ball, Bomb.

I've beaten Phantoon and I've found Speed Booster, but I can't get to it from on top (that seems to be an exit, not an entrance), and I can't seem to get to it from below either — there's a wall offscreen that I can't figure out how to cross. Do I need Power Bombs? There's the path to Maridia but I don't have Hi-Jump Boots so I can't get out of the room with the water pit that starts that particular path. I can't get into Maridia in any other way, and every path in Brinstar seems to be blocked by Power Bombs (or in the case of the Wave Beam Energy Tank room, a puzzle I haven't yet solved). I've exhausted everything I can do with Norfair — I can't find the item in the Speed Boost Escape Room and I need either Power Bombs or Speed Booster to get to the remainder of Norfair.

Judging from the Wave Beam screenshot in the first post (which requires Speed Booster to get to), I probably should be getting Power Bombs now, but I have no idea where they are.[/spoiler]