News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Welcome to Shinespark Construction

Started by GF_Kennon, March 20, 2015, 09:39:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GF_Kennon

Welcome to Shinespark Construction my fellow MetConstians!

So whats this place all about? Well if you couldn't guess its all about speed running, a place to publicly share and talk about your tactics in trying to achieve the fastest time possible in your hack of choosing to try and get hacks completed in the fastest time possible, and what better place to talk about this where the creators exist.

Anyway, at some point we hope to become the official central point of Metroid Hack speed running, with an official score board tracking times and possibly documents and tutorials to go with each hack to aid speed runners, hopefully we can create something big here, something that everyone can get involved with no matter how good or bad you are.

http://shinespark.metroidconstruction.com/ will hopefully become a thing in the near future, right now our main concern is with the site revamp, once thats done we will have the opportunity to go ahead and work on the subdomain for all your times and such, this system will be fully automated and likely tied to forum accounts, you can submit your scores by signing in and submitting your details, where the system will then be able to put you in the correct place.

Naturally we want to try and make sure everyone is playing fairly, all these have to be done in real time after all, we also will be banning submissions from known emulators that do not give an accurate time (I'm looking at you ZSNES, and SNES9x 1.43), I recommend SNES9x 1.53, you will want to submit your replay along with 2 screenshots showing item percentage and end time, native size only please and any additional links you feel necessary (YouTube maybe?), and lastly a description of your run possibly.

For non Super Metroid runs, we havent forgotten you, I just dont know enough about anything beyond the SNES (maybe one of you could help me define things for that  :blush:)

Once you submitted your run we will check and approve it, and you can be featured on our score boards, time to race for the gold MetConst!

And with that, I snip the ribbon holding this place shut and open it to the public, happy racing MetConst!

personitis

Quote from: GF_Kennon on March 20, 2015, 09:39:27 AM
I recommend SNES9x 1.53, you will want to submit your replay along with 2 screenshots showing item percentage and end time, native size only please and any additional links you feel necessary (YouTube maybe?), and lastly a description of your run possibly.
Only issue I see here is that any hacks that I'm seriously running I'm more likely to run them on Wii Virtual Console, so any screenshots I take won't be of SNES resolution. In this case, would you recommend me editing the image down to such a size or simply down scaling it so it's not 640x480?

Other than that, having let the idea sit for the night has made me rather excited to see what people post and how this sub-forum will roll out. :yay:

GF_Kennon

Hmm, if you are doing it on the Wii Virtual Console I assume that would be fine, I assume you would be uploading something to YouTube? as for the screenshots, if they come out at 640x480 I'm sure we could downscale them or they might just fit in fine with things, I wouldn't worry about them too much as I may remove that requirement, whats more important is the run itself I suppose, though if you want to suggest something better I'm listening.