News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Old DH Help Thread - FUSION FEATURES

Started by Samus-Aran, July 23, 2009, 10:27:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zephyrtronium

Energy Tanks, Missile Tanks, and Power Bomb Tanks are all clipdata; once you add them in, put the appropriate tile image thingy in the same spot in the Foreground layer. Note that for Missiles and Power Bombs, you won't actually be able to use them until you get the appropriate upgrade from Data Stations; P.JBoy made patches to fix that, which can be found here.

Inventory upgrades, however, are dependent upon the event counter. You can't just simply place them, since if you absorb a Core-X or use a Data Station without an appropriate event number, the game will kinda self-destruct. There's some work being done to fix this, but don't count on it being finished ever any time soon.

Yamkela

Hey! This site is cool.

I'm having somewhat of a rough time editing Sprites and such. Can anyone offer some assistance?

:icon_neutral:

zephyrtronium

If, by editing sprites, you mean changing their graphics, you'll want to get NLZ-GBA Advance. It will automatically scan through the ROM for compressed graphics, making finding things like tilesets and sprites simple, and allows you to save and insert PNG images. However, each sprite is layed out on a grid of 8x8 px tiles, and I have no idea how to control the assembly of those 8x8s, so making major changes will probably require a lot of debugging.

GF_Kennon

If your just wanting to move the enemies around in the game, or change them into another enemy, just check "Edit sprites" then click and drag the "S" to where you want the enemy to be, or right click the "S" to change it into another enemy.

Yamkela

personitis

Ugh, I find DH complicated to use. =\ Is there a guide anywhere?

RealRed

Hey, I'm with Person701 here. I find DH somewhat disorganized and easy to crash, so if there's a guide on this, I'd be glad to check it out.

Phazar

http://interdpth.arc-nova.org/dhhelp.html

This guide should be included in the more recent versions of DH...maybe I'll add the link to the first post.

personitis

That was rather helpful. ^_^ Thanks Phazar.

zephyrtronium

I should probably get around to writing a new guide, since that one is horribly outdated. I don't feel like starting over from scratch, though, so maybe I'll just...
* uNsane pokes Phazar

Phazar

Quote from: uNsane on August 24, 2009, 04:35:17 PM
I should probably get around to writing a new guide, since that one is horribly outdated. I don't feel like starting over from scratch, though, so maybe I'll just...
* uNsane pokes Phazar
Well, it's been a while since I've actually used DH, but I could probably write up a new guide with the newer features.