News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Room of the Month - March 2018

Started by MetroidNerd#9001, March 02, 2018, 07:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who won Room of the Month in March 2018?

Jiffy
7 (38.9%)
moehr
3 (16.7%)
oneof
4 (22.2%)
metroidnerd
4 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 02, 2018, 12:53:15 AM

MetroidNerd#9001

I built this room a while ago, but then I rebuilt the bottom to make it better. I love the palette blend with the fog.
This is the room itself
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Screenshots of the room to show fog and enemies
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
I'm sorry that all of my submissions have been large rooms, it makes it hard to look at. I hope y'all like it!
P.S. The palette blend for the fog is 62 if any of y'all want to use it.

Moehr

boss room from later in the hack, minus the "boss"

As an added bonus, I figured out that the weird discolorations in the images are somehow linked to the older version of offline Smile RF I started out with, so I exported this one from JX instead, since I'm sort of using all three smiles anyhow.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

OneOf99

Here's a room from an upcoming contest hack Nathan and I are working on.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
EDIT: I realized I uploaded the wrong version of the room. Fixed and put new image.

Jiffy

Brinstar, now with spikes! They don't actually hurt - they're part of the crystallised foreground layer in Blue Brinstar. That's why they're kept bright.

And, of course, in-game:

Quote58

I know, I know, I'm super duper oh-my-god-why-is-he-still-doing-this late, more on that later.
I forgot to lock the voting on rotm for February, but Dman was in the lead when it ended. If you have evidence to the contrary, let me know. Otherwise, Congrats go to Dman for winning February!
Here's the lineup for March (I know, april is almost over). Vote quick people, because I'm not extending the voting past april.
[spoiler=jiffy with the dope ass fog][/spoiler]
[spoiler=moehr][/spoiler]
[spoiler=metroidnerd][/spoiler]
[spoiler=oneof the best][/spoiler]

Okay, about the lateness. Part of that is the contest, part of that is my life irl, but mostly it's me not getting around to it. I'm sorry guys, I really am. I'm not sure if I'm going to delegate it to someone else, or simply do better in the future, but feel free to PM on the forum or on discord with any notes on rotm. Also, in the times when I'm on the metconst discord server, you can always ping the contest board overlord role, I made it to be pinged to remind me to update stuff.