News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Trouble Translating Fusion

Started by MetoMeto, May 20, 2018, 04:47:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetoMeto

Hi!
This is my first atempt to translate Metroid rom.
Im using MAGE to translate and edit text.
Im having trouble with some text in a game.
To be more precise, with the press start screen on the begining and and new game and such text that i cant find in text edotor of the MAGE. I tried looking in graphics, but i couldnt find it there also.

Can someone help me please?

Also, is there a way to add "čćšđž" because when i try, the MAGE wont let me.

OneOf99

Quote from: MetoMeto on May 20, 2018, 04:47:36 AM
Hi!
This is my first atempt to translate Metroid rom.
Im using MAGE to translate and edit text.
Im having trouble with some text in a game.
To be more precise, with the press start screen on the begining and and new game and such text that i cant find in text edotor of the MAGE. I tried looking in graphics, but i couldnt find it there also.

Can someone help me please?

Also, is there a way to add "čćšđž" because when i try, the MAGE wont let me.
In the text editor, make sure to change what type of text you are changing because there are different categories for things like menus, item collection text, etc. Also the pause menu is made with graphics, so to change that text you will have to use the graphics editor.

As for the specific letters you want to add, you can't add them directly to MAGE with copy+paste. You either have to make them appear through asm or see if the gbatroids support those letters through the use of specific text commands.

Cpt.Glitch

You can use a program such as NLZ to find graphics in the rom. I have yet to make a graphical document for fusion, so there aren't any resources to refer to otherwise.