News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Playing hacks from here on a 3DS

Started by Ronanklan, December 01, 2018, 06:40:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronanklan

When i found out about the, seriously, awesome ROM hacks available on this website, I immediately started researching if it was possible to download, patch and then install the hack ROM onto a 3 DS to play it...

Of course my new 2 DS XL with the most current firmware has custom CFW installed so it has Homebrew. I installed something called the retroarch and used snes9x 2010 Edition to run the hack ROM. That is of course after I patched the ROM and took the header off and all that other stuff.

So after 2 hours of research and some work, I was able to play Metroid super zero mission on my new to DS XL! I was so super happy about it!

However, I did run into a small problem with frame rate issues and the game slowing down. Now Im curious if anyone else has done this also? Because I searched it with Google and could not find any instances of people talking about how they did it and how it runs on their console, or even being able to install and Run 2 hacked ROM on a console.

So I hope I put this post in the right place and I hope so people can shed some light on a way I can improve the frame rate issues i am running into! Other than the frame rate issues the Hacked rum runs flawlessly!

Thank you very much have a wonderful day!