News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[HELP] Faster Door transitions

Started by Marcelo20XX, April 11, 2018, 01:04:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcelo20XX

I cant found Rakki faster doors transition IPS, if someone can upload it somewhere I will be grateful. Also I read that it had some bugs, is there another patch that can speed up the transitions or only Rakki's? thanks!

nodever2

Hello,
There is another patch that speeds up door transitions and fadeouts! It's called Blackout Speedups by Kazuto.

However, if you still want to use Rakki's patch instead, it looks like it's still on the old site and hasn't been moved to the updated site. It can be found on this page (use CTRL+F and search "Rakki")

Marcelo20XX

Thank you very much for the links, that is what I was looking for and more, you are right Kazuto's patch is more complete and allow for further customization and aside from minor bugs (Kraid's room) and some flickering between some door transitions its seems perfect, I am having a blast right now playing a speedy vanilla Super Metroid, thanks again!!!

K4yr4h

cool, this is the kind of hack i was looking for. unfortunately, its still too slow for me, but how do i modify the rom to 4x doorspeed? The readme and asm doesnt explain anything to me :(
Also, what are the bugs at Kraids? I wont apply it, if it causes bugs.

Dasfonia

If you're unsure if something will work or not, make backups of your content first, then screw up later.  Just a friendly word of advice. :)

P.JBoy

If you're happy with assembling code with xkas, you can use this blazing fast door speedup

Quote58

I did a quick test applying that code to a clean rom and it seems to have some graphical issues...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgWkOnn1LcM&feature=youtu.be

P.JBoy

Indeed, the patch only works on older emulators D:

Quote58

god damn that's some fast room transitions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JidyOJvE7xs&feature=youtu.be

It works on modern emulators now but has to pause briefly when loading enemies sometimes.

Quietus

And then a wall of spikes two tiles into a room for the lulz. :colonrightv:

samsamcmoi

Quote from: P.JBoy on September 11, 2018, 12:02:07 PM
Fixed the patch

Found a bug : when pause the game, can't move the map, and can't quit the pause menu, stuck on the map (icons disapears, and the fade is veryyyyyy slow).
I really like this patch, can you fix this ?

Thank you

P.JBoy

Oh jesus that's bad. I'll take a look at it

P.JBoy

That was hell to debug. But I've finally updated the patch

samsamcmoi

Quote from: P.JBoy on October 19, 2019, 05:16:04 PM
That was hell to debug. But I've finally updated the patch

it works like a charm, thank you !
Now i can call the game "turbo mod" :)
i compared the old and the new file and there is lots of changes, so lots of works i guess : respect !

thank you so much

K4yr4h

got what i was looking for

samsamcmoi

Hi,

When i apply your fast doors patch with DC's Map patch (used for exemple in super metroid redux).
I have some wrong display FX layer : fogs and water :

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Except this, everything works fine (snes9x 1.60)

Is it possible to convert your fast doors patch for working with DC's map patch ?

Thank you !

Edit : Water FX is buggy too (see the spoiler).