News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

MetConst Community Race - June 23rd, 2018

Started by MetroidMst, June 03, 2018, 12:02:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetroidMst

Welcome once again to a record short break between community races! This time, we adventure into new and painful lands thanks to the dark mutterings of some awful people. AND I PLAN TO BRING YOU DOWN WITH ME. So we're all taking a trip to the torture chamber that is Fusion!

Game: Metroid Fusion 0%
When: Saturday June 23, 2018 @12PM EST
Where: The MetConst Discord
Whom: Everyone!

Okay, so the first thought is "0%?" The answer is because I hate you all.
Beyond that, yes, 0% is humanly possible. I actually just completed my very first 0% attempt earlier today, so I know non-bad players can do it too. Also, this video will be very helpful if you're unsure of how to Bob Skip. I suggest trying it a few times. I also suggest not using Spring Ball to jump the Missile and instead try a bomb jump. There are strats for all of the bosses in some way as well. (Shoot them good before you die)

Also make sure to record your run and send me the video afterwords. (I'm working on a solution to make it possible to upload directly to me but that will be a bit until money happens.)

Also, based on feedback from the last race, everyone will be doing the same seed this time around! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Hooray! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Cpt.Glitch

HAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA

AAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Prepare yourself for suffering beyond measure. You plebs shall be crushed.

Kazuto

Literally just saw this.

Wow, skipping that Missile Tank should've been obvious way sooner.

That said, I haven't even done a 1% run before, but really, those 5 Missiles don't make much of a difference. I may or may not give this run a go, beforehand...

Cpt.Glitch

I'd recommend practicing bosses. Everything else is just careful play. Most bosses have methods that allow them to be easily beaten without taking damage.

Kazuto

Yakuza was as far as I ever got in 1%, and I just couldn't beat him. Which makes me question how I think I could even face Nightmare.

Ridley, on the other hand, should be mostly trivial. =P

MetroidMst

Nightmare is actually the easiest boss. You can make his second form loop around you either way indefinitely. Ridley is dumb. That is basically all.