News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Hacking on a Tablet?

Started by dewhi100, February 18, 2018, 05:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dewhi100

Anyone here use a tablet for hacking? I'm getting tired of running SMILE from my desktop only, and if I'm going mobile why not make the complete jump to using a tablet? The Surface Pro 3 is the first thing that popped up when I ran Google. I'll probably end up getting it unless people have any recommendations against it or against tablets in general.

By all means recommend any models that have worked out well for you. And let me know any quirks to expect when working with a tablet vs a laptop or desktop. E.g. the lack of a keyboard comes to mind.

dewhi100

It has come to my attention that nobody has replied to this thread, all the live-long day. As a reaction to this, I went out and bought a 2-in-1 laptop but now I will not reveal what I bought. Good day to you.

Grimlock

The final selection is plainly obvious based on your first post.

There's only one rock solid choice:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

FelixWright

replace the hard drive in this thing with an SSD and you've got a great laptop for productivity, hacking and gaming.
[spoiler=This shows the gamer aesthetic one]https://youtu.be/pJqbhRRZx8w[/spoiler]

the gamer aesthetic one comes with a 256GB m.2 SSD on top of the SATA HDD but for $30 less you can get the spin 5 instead with a slightly better cpu, and add an ssd yourself. both come with a mobile gtx 1050 4GB but there are intel HD 620/520 options for the spin.

The ram is soldered onto the system board so sadly 8GB is all you're going to get, but that should be...decent? enough for gaming with a gtx 1050