News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Shoot while shinesparking?

Started by Jet3rd, January 31, 2018, 09:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jet3rd

Hello everyone, I have a simple request.

Is it possible to create a patch or assembly that would allow me to shoot while shinesparking?

If it is possible it would be great if someone could supply me with the patch or assembly to make it happen, but if doing so it out of the question then thanks for the information anyway. Thanks in advance!

There isn't much I can do in return. I might be able to do beta testing or help you with level design of an SM hack. But nothing other than that.

Quietus

I get the feeling that you may also need to increase the beam speeds, as the normal shinespark travels faster than they do. :^_^:

Jet3rd

That is not a problem. The reason I'm asking is that I intend to make a theory tas and basically go through the classic super Metroid in one shinespark. Except for elevator transitions of course.

If I'm not able to shoot the bosses it will definitely be impossible unless I wanna kill Ridely with bombs.

I made a vid of going down the Crateria Shaft with shinespark. That's all I got so far.

https://youtu.be/bYqi70AqAII

Quietus

Ah, cool. As a suggestion for your TAS, during all times where there's not much to do, like most of the falling in that shaft, you should aim for entertainment. Instead if wiggling on the right-hand side, it'd be more entertaining to manoeuvre between all the platforms. :cool:

Jet3rd

Yea that was mostly just a test to see if it was possible. When I actually record the tas I will go for the swag.  :cool:

also, it will probably be way easier. Getting in that tiny space without running into walls was basically frame perfect and that took me around 20 min to do.

Jet3rd

So it has been awhile since I posted this and nobody has any info on this subject. Does that mean shooting while shinesparking is impossible?

Or is it that nobody knows how to do it?

MetroidNerd#9001

I'd say to post it in the trading center or personally ask for someone to make a patch for it. Unless you know enough ASM, in which case you could probably make it yourself.

Jet3rd

Thanks, I will move this to the trading center then. Hopefully, someone can help me. Otherwise, I might as well go and learn some ASM.