News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

F-Metroid

Started by mrkishumo, January 14, 2018, 03:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrkishumo

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share my short little hack with you. A blind playthrough probably takes between 10 and 20 minutes. I created it mainly to be speedran, which would be around 5 minutes. Therefore the difficulty is not really high, but I have designed it so that tight tricks (like stutter 3 tap) are required to save some time. Also skipping items raises the difficulty quite a bit.

I will leave a few screenshots and hope everyone interested in it won't be disappointed.

mrkishumo

PS: Do not take the "story" too serious.

https://imgur.com/a/qjYBY

Edit 01/18/18: Attached v1.3 fixing a softlock and a wrong slope

MetroidNerd#9001

This hack has a neat idea to it. There are many errors, however. This is the most prevalent.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Do not EVER let this happen in your hack, 100% of the time, no exceptions. People will hate it.
There are a few roomstate issues too. Make sure that if you are editing rooms with roomstates, you check every roomstate possible, because once you get the random power bombs, the Lower Norfair music disappears. The game is also not clear what you are supposed to do. Does it end after you get the 15th item? I made it to 13 items, but then I gave up because I simply could not find any others, and did not want to bother to speedball into a wall to see what was beyond. Interesting palette choices though.

Mentlegen

Nice nutella reference fam

mrkishumo

Thank you very much for the feedback, going to fix the softlock, some other errors like the music I do not really know how to fix (yet).

Parts like the speedball block are just there to provide shortcuts for speedruns and those never hide any items. The "xx items left" message box is just there to give you an idea how many items are in the hack and the goal is described in the intro. :)

Really appreciate your view on the hack. Having played it myself a few dozen times and still overlooking some flaws. Thank you!