News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid: Story Of The Ancients [Restarted]

Started by TheOrigin, December 29, 2017, 04:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheOrigin

SM: S.O.T.A.
My main hack, as all you know (few people), I am working in this thing, all questions i have done are for this hack.
I have stopped editing for a long time but I'm back.

First I want to thank people who help me with answers and now I am willing to finish this hack.
After the last update I have done great changes.
For example I've added states and doors to new rooms, I've edited the tileset also I've changed the way to follow.
Maybe no much people wait my hack but it doesn't matter, I'm proud of this hack.
Here I'll write all new features which I'm gonna do.
In the last image i feel other vibe, my own vibe.

I'm not sure about how much percent i have done but I can upload videos about this. (I'll to update the playlist).
By the way.... as all you know, I do not speak english, please, forgive the mistakes.
Well, after a long time, I'm back.
I had difficulties to get back, due to PC problems I could not editing hacks, and now I have no idea about hack editing.
I thought about canceling S.O.T.A, but better no.
I'm gonna learn again, Story Of the Ancients probably will take a lot of time to get started again, but I'll make mini hacks.
Now I need to learn again how create rooms, pallettes, doors, etc. But I'll get it.
You can play S.M S.O.T.A beta here, you will see empty rooms, blocked rooms and some buged tiles but just ignore that, soon I'll fix all.
And if I can complete a demo soon, I will. Story Of The Ancients
[spoiler=Media][/spoiler]

Metaquarius

Keep up the good work, seƱor! I like the fact you're taking time to build your own world and not relying on the overused Zebes setting. It shares some ressemblances with Phazon hack which is nice.

Nevertheless, you might want to cut suitless underwater sections down to the bare minimum at the beginning of the game, it can be quite off-putting and causes a "slow start" (i.e. you want to get things going!)

altoiddealer

The immediate suitless underwater section  :nowai:

I'm getting a very SM: Phazon vibe from this (which is a good thing), but the Spore Spawn room looks to be a copy/paste from SM Phazon  :pwuh:  If you are using a lot of assets and ideas from RedMonkey you should credit him in the description.

Good luck with your hack

TheOrigin

Quote from: altoiddealer on December 29, 2017, 10:31:05 AM
The immediate suitless underwater section  :nowai:

I'm getting a very SM: Phazon vibe from this (which is a good thing), but the Spore Spawn room looks to be a copy/paste from SM Phazon  :pwuh:  If you are using a lot of assets and ideas from RedMonkey you should credit him in the description.

Good luck with your hack

Don't worry, I'm gonna modify that, but I'm not sure about this.
I thought about changing the water, I hope the fog go to be the best choice.

And about SM: Phazon vibe,  I have already said before, I'm gonna modify that, I wanna create my own "vibe", so anything related to SM: Phazon will be changed.  :grin:

TheOrigin

Hi, i have already uploaded the new video, just i have modified the tileset of crateria, the "red rocket" will be changed and renamed "blue rocket".
Some textures of brinstar now are wrong placed because i have not replaced new tileset but that will be changed.
Ill upload one DEMO with the begginig totally modified... someday...

[spoiler]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TdsWfKBieg&index=2&list=PLGCqW3LDFIKvh9OSzjN562vnxpmdgdUwi[/spoiler]

Jet3rd

It looks really good so far. Can't wait for a demo!