News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid Volonus Release

Started by Alex S, November 25, 2017, 03:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex S

Hello everyone, today i proudly want to announce:
Metroid Volonus

This romhack is my newest full game gbatroid hack that i am actively developing ^-^  As of Rn there is only one area but im creating nightly demos as i add more and more to the hack. Currently the newest stable is v9 and there will be more to come in the future! The Patches can be found on the development server listed in the bottom of this thread ^-^

Please let me know your thoughts on the project, so i can improve it as it's being made :3 Newest Release Is Attached to the Bottom :P

Development Server Link : https://discord.gg/SEFegdt

makazuwr32

at first look (from trailer) is is as another Metroid OZM.
New level designs, new ideas (like using original background units as actual ground)
Let's try.

DestroyedChozo

great hack, can't wait to play it but every hack has its errors, what I'm noticing is tile mistakes on some walls and floors , but other than that  I can't wait to play

Alex S

Already fixed the errors and the stable 9.1 demo is already available on the development server :p

DestroyedChozo

Alex S

Quote from: makazuwr32 on November 26, 2017, 10:31:22 AM
at first look (from trailer) is is as another Metroid OZM.
New level designs, new ideas (like using original background units as actual ground)
Let's try.

I didnt have to spend every night of the last month working on this and nothing else.and honestly it shouldnt matter if i used the original nintendo titles, they are that useful and even CaptGlitch used them. So please refrain from saying i didnt try. Im human as well. So i have feelings.

makazuwr32

Version 9.1 Demo
Short - 2/10
Easy: no advanced techniques are needed - 4/10
Unique item progression, but it isn't good for me - 5/10
No normal minimap - 0/10
new ideas (like using original background units as actual ground) +1 to total score
Level design - 5/10
Total for this moment (IMHO only): 17/50 points.

Good Luck!

For comparison: Metroid Other ZM for me got 45/50 points
and Metroid Deep Freeze got only 20/50 points
both hacks are almost completed

Alex S

Quote from: makazuwr32 on November 26, 2017, 12:52:14 PM
Version 9.1 Demo
Short - 2/10
No normal minimap - 0/10
new ideas (like using original background units as actual ground) +1 to total score
Level design - 5/10

Good Luck!

thank you for the feedback. you see im actively developing this every night so the input is very useful. the reason atm i didnt use advanced techniques in the first area is because people got too frustrated as older dems of my hack used this quite a lot. the long vertical rooms only had bomb jumping to get around in early demos, so ill sections that use these in the second area :P

DestroyedChozo

Quote from: Alex S on November 26, 2017, 01:01:56 PM
Version 9.1 Demo
Short - 2/10
No normal minimap - 0/10
Level design - 5/10

Good Luck!

thank you for the feedback. you see im actively developing this every night so the input is very useful. the reason atm i didnt use advanced techniques in the first area is because people got too frustrated as older dems of my hack used this quite a lot. the long vertical rooms only had bomb jumping to get around in early demos, so ill sections that use these in the second area :P

I can't join the Dev Server it says it's expired

Alex S

Quote from: DestroyedChozo on November 26, 2017, 01:06:44 PM
Quote from: Alex S on November 26, 2017, 01:01:56 PM
Version 9.1 Demo
Short - 2/10
No normal minimap - 0/10
Level design - 5/10

Good Luck!

I can't join the Dev Server it says it's expired

Here. Its fixed now.  https://discord.gg/SEFegdt

Alex S

All of area 1 is finished for now and im working on area 2 :( btw we now have custom tiles for area 1 and such ^-^ so you guys may want to check it out :3